**@@** October 6th, 2007 Magic**@@**

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
**@@** October 6th, 2007 Magic**@@**​

party:

YAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
We are booked!!! And just had to start a thread!!! So either, take this as a warning not to book this cruise..... or jump on in and let the next million years fly by! :bored:

Tick Tick Tick.... Is it too early for a countdown thingy??? :rotfl2:

OF COURSE NOT....
10-06-2007_7+Day+Western+Cruise+on+the+Magic_220-20-60.png

TO CHAT>>> Look at the menu bar at the top of the page (in this fourm it should be red and blue, unless you have the default set to something else lol) but it reads across... UsedCP Chat News Community Photos FAQ etc... Click on the CHAT BUTTON and see if it works for you. I think you need the lastest in flash for it to work, but try it first, then post issues if you have them, and I will see if I can help.

RECENT NAVAGATORS AND CURRENT MENUS http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/magicwest.html

DIS MEETS!!

party:WHERE's THE PARTY?? party:

First, and biggest of the meets..

THE ICE BREAKER!!!

3-330.pm Promenade Lounge Deck 3 AFT

This will be the first real chance to get all the kids together! (grownups too) I have a short fun game for the kids to play (basically they all write their names and ages on cards, then I mix them up, hand them out, kinda of by age, and they have to find each other... ) which should keep them busy while the adults chat. AND it will help them learn names and faces of the kids they will see in the clubs!

I sure hope everyone can stop by for this first meet.

Party in your PJ's Breakfast

****KEY WEST Morning 9 am Luminaire's... Kids wear PJ's if you like (bought my girls some cute ones to wear lol)

Margarita Tasting

**** Second Sea day 2pm Location TBA

BELOW ARE ALL THE PEOPLE I HAVE RECIEVED INFO ON> PLEASE EMAIL ME OR PM ME @ UsedtobeSmith@aol.com if you would like to Join updated 9/26 at 6.08pm

18 people! Woot!

Laurabearz Laura and Tom
BoosGram Dh and Joanne
AW24 Tommy and Ann
giandave Gia and David
MiddwestCruisers Rob and Laura
Bellastella227 Jennifer and Tony
Time4Disneynow Monika And Joanne
lildeb724 David and Debbie
rdy2bpampered Teri and Bernice(rdy2bpamperedMom)
disdel Ken & Debbie

CABIN TOURS

Because of the time constraints and planning the Stateroom tour has now been split into two days..

On the first day we will see MOST of the catagories.. But if you would like to see the Cat 3's We need to meet on the Second sea day.

First Sea Day--- 12:30 Deck 3 Atrium--- Once we gather in the Atrium we will go down to Deck 2 and work our way up. Hitting most of the Catagories and ending up in the Cat 2. Plan on at least an hour. Kids welcome, but they might get bored. lol

Second Sea day the Meet time is 12:45 Midship elevator lobby Deck 8. Tour the Cat 3 followed by my Cat 2 if anyone wants.. And for those who just want to peek at the Suites, this is a quick way to do it :-)

I really hope this works for the majority of people. If not I am trying my best lol

**@@** Group Photo On Pirate Nite **@@**

We're going to try and do a group photo on Pirate night. I'll get Shutters to provide the photographer.

When: 7:40pm (between Main & Late Dining)
Where: Outside Lumiere's
Why: pirate:

We'll have to take the pic @ 7:45pm so we can be out of the way of the folks arriving for Main dining @ 8pm

Andy

party: party:

OMG! We have had 32 different posters to our thread!!​

UPDATE THROUGH POST 1373 lol

Laurabearz 8516 Laura, Tom, Madeline 8, Abigail 6, Charlie 4 Stateroom tour Cat 2

rdy2bpampered 2088 Teri, Shane 15, Juliet 9 Stateroom tour Cat 9

Rellyrooly 8546 Cindy, Ryan, DS Jordan (10), DD Cameron (6) Stateroom tour Cat 3 Regular like any cat 3 is regular lol

rdy2bpamperedmom 2090 Bernice, Maxine

stenogoddess 6092, Lauren and Jeri

bellastella227 6603, Jennifer & Tony, Sammy (1); 6602, Ellen & Avi (ILs); 6601, Shanna & Brad, Haylee (5), Dani (1) (SIL/BIL and family) 6603 Stateroom tour Cat 11 normal

Selket 5512: Carol, Hal, Rod (9 almost 10),William (5)

gouodux ???? Sorry I can't find your info :-(

CM_Mom Reine (sounds like Renee) and Paul 6015; DS and DDIL Chris and Julia, 6503 ; DMIL and DSIL, Lois and Janet 6011 Stateroom tour Sideways Cat 11

lenzs4 6060: Shirley, Bobby, Trenton (9), Emily (6)

lildeb724 8032 Debbie & David, Rachel (6) Jeremy (3.95) 8034:Tom & Mary Caitlin (9), Megan (4) Sean (1) 6634: GM Pat and GP Arte 7620: Special Friend Linda 6048: Uncle Winne (David) and Aunt Corie Stateroom tour MidShip Cat 3, Redesignated Cat 7

goldmanrawnsley 8532, Rebecca, Rob, Jacob (12) Elizabeth (8)

BoosGram 5622, Joanne and Wayne

aw24 7120 - Ann, Tommy, Nathan (14) Stateroom tour Secret Cat 7 Redesignated Cat 7

AndyR Andy, Susan, Sarah - 8568 & 8570 Louise, Greg, Evelyn - Stateroom tour Cat 4

threeCsmom 6612 & 6614; Greg, Melissa, Elmer (my dad), Wilma (my mom),
Chappel (12), Chloe (9), and Cole (4)

TexasGirl 6081 Michael, Nita 30 somethings, Sarina (7) and Nathaniel (2)

HayesFamily 8596 (DD6 and me) and 8594 (DS8 and DH).

PrincessBTS 6611 Beth & Dan, Talia (2) and Sari (7months); 6610 Rose & Tom (p-rents); 6613 Philip (brother/uncle)

MCKAMEYfam 6139 MyselF, DW -33, and DS -8.

nanatink 7131 Martha (59) Harvey (59)

eeyorefreak 2574 Shannon, DH Pete, DS Sam (4).
My parents, Mike and Linda are in room 5634.

MadJoker 7584 DH 35, DW 37, DD7, DD6

disdel - 7532 Ken & Debbie Stateroom tour Cat 5

Ham Ham 7012, Kenny, Kim, Sarah (13), Erin (8)

Time4disneynow 6568 & 6570 Michael Monika Joanne (sis) & Amanda (16)

wifeofgrumpy 2515, Tammy, David, DD Hunter (11)

lowery1226 2638 Jeff and Janna; Brandtley- 9 son, Braxton - 21 month son)
2640 The Borst's (Donnie and Laurie; Taylor - 11 son, Garrett - 4 son)

giandave23 7067 Gia (36) and DH David (34)

2neverlandwego - 2606- Braden (47) Hunter (13) Angie (38)
7121-Tim (36) Kim (34)

eapawsat 2150 me, DH, DD5, DS4

midwest cruisers - 6068- Rob and Laura; DS Ryan (4) DD Kara (2)

nycemschic 6544-- Sophia (33), Chris (43) and Kayleigh (7) Stateroom tour Cat 6

And we have maps...

Rooms in red are on the tour

1aaDecktwofinal.jpg

1aaDeck567finalcopy.jpg

1aDeck8910finalcopy.jpg

:banana: ORDER YOUR CRUISE BUTTON TODAY! :banana:
Click HERE

Pins are $1.95 each, plus a small shipping fee. Order (at least) one for each member of your group. Please allow plenty of time for delivery. Also Pick which ever black/green/white button you like, and take a good look at all of them so we know who we are :-) (I am getting the Ship that can not be named button) :lmao:
party:
party: party:
party: party: party:

Cruise Itinerary

Day Port Ashore Onboard

Saturday Port Canaveral — 4:00 p.m.

Sunday Key West 11:30 a.m. 7:30 p.m. (was listed as 9:30)

Monday At Sea — — FORMAL NIGHT

Tuesday Grand Cayman 7:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.

Wednesday Cozumel 9:30 a.m. 6:30 p.m. (was 10:00) PIRATE NIGHT

Thursday At Sea — — SEMI FORMAL NIGHT

Friday Castaway Cay 9:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.

Saturday Port Canaveral 7:35 a.m. —

What are the possible Dining Rotation times based on recent cruises?
7 day cruise
APL 5:30 and 8:00
PLA 5:45 and 8:15
LAP 6:00 and 8:30

For repeat cruisers the booking window is 90 days out... 07/08/2007
07-09-2007_90+days+out+booking+window_95-158-160.png

For first time cruisers the booking window is 75 days out... 07/23/2007
07-24-2007_75+days+out+booking+window_220-20-60.png

DCL Does hold back Some reservations for each time frame, and for booking on ship.

LINK TO THE KID"S CRUISER Message board INFO! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17512130&postcount=297

http://www.cozumelparks.org.mx/eng/parks-chankanaab.asp

Great thread on things around the port!

The Halloween party dates for 2007...
The dates for 2007 are: September 14, 21, 28, October 1, 4, 5,9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 18, 22, 23, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31

The Valhalla in Grand Cayman... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1295891

TIP CALCULATOR! http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/\

MAP OF CHANK PARK http://www.cozumelparks.com/images/Chankanaab-Park-Map.jpg

PICTURES OF Chankanaab Park
http://www.sjdistributors.com/chankanaab_park_pictures.htm

To see what other ships are in port.. http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn3/

As far as orientation on the ship -- the carpeting is NOT reliable (while many times the red anchor faces aft, it is not always). Easiest way for me to remember is that lower numbers are forward -- so if the numbers are going up you are going aft. Also odd numbers are inside; even numbers outside.

Finally, the second digit (the "hundreds") -- a "0" or "1" is port side; "5" or "6" is starboard side.

:cheer2:

I found this cool information on the web. Now you can find out the sunrise/sunset on the dates of your cruise, as well as phases of the moon.

The site is here: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.html

Info below for the shore excursion days...........

Sun and Moon Data for One Day

The following information is provided for Key West, Monroe County, Florida
(longitude W81.8, latitude N24.6):

Sunday
7 October 2007 Eastern Daylight Time

SUN
Begin civil twilight 6:59 a.m.
Sunrise 7:21 a.m.
Sun transit 1:15 p.m.
Sunset 7:08 p.m.
End civil twilight 7:31 p.m.

MOON
Moonset 4:42 p.m. on preceding day
Moonrise 4:15 a.m.
Moon transit 10:48 a.m.
Moonset 5:14 p.m.
Moonrise 5:08 a.m. on following day

Phase of the Moon on 7 October: waning crescent with 11% of the Moon's visible
disk illuminated.

New Moon on 11 October 2007 at 1:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

The following information is provided for Grand Cayman (longitude W81.2,
latitude N19.3):

Tuesday
9 October 2007 Universal Time - 5h

SUN
Begin civil twilight 05:56
Sunrise 06:18
Sun transit 12:12
Sunset 18:07
End civil twilight 18:29

MOON
Moonset 16:41 on preceding day
Moonrise 04:57
Moon transit 11:07
Moonset 17:12
Moonrise 05:46 on following day

Phase of the Moon on 9 October: waning crescent with 2% of the Moon's visible
disk illuminated.

New Moon on 11 October 2007 at 00:01 (Universal Time - 5h).

The following information is provided for Grand Cayman (longitude W86.9,
latitude N20.4):

Wednesday
10 October 2007 Universal Time - 5h

SUN
Begin civil twilight 06:19
Sunrise 06:41
Sun transit 12:35
Sunset 18:28
End civil twilight 18:50

MOON
Moonset 17:35 on preceding day
Moonrise 06:10
Moon transit 12:10
Moonset 18:06
Moonrise 06:59 on following day

Phase of the Moon on 10 October: waning crescent with 0% of the Moon's visible
disk illuminated.

The following information is provided for Grand Cayman (longitude W77.5,
latitude N26.1):

Friday
12 October 2007 Universal Time - 5h

SUN
Begin civil twilight 05:44
Sunrise 06:07
Sun transit 11:57
Sunset 17:46
End civil twilight 18:09

MOON
Moonset 17:53 on preceding day
Moonrise 07:18
Moon transit 12:54
Moonset 18:25
Moonrise 08:12 on following day

Phase of the Moon on 12 October: waxing crescent with 2% of the Moon's visible disk
illuminated.

Cast of Characters
Mom - Debbie, was working mom until 2/28/06 - adjusting will be difficult Dad - David - Super Dad
Daughter - Rachel - just turned 5- already thinks she is 15 (can you imagine what 15 will bring
Son - Jeremy - almost 2.5 - Happiest Kid on earth - but a crazy man - if he had been my first..........
We are from Long Island NY and this will be the third Disney Cruise for the grown ups - the second for the kids.
We are in Room 8032 (CAT 3)

When can the general public book this cruise. I'm wanting 2 category 10's for this cruise and have been watching for it to come open for weeks and weeks.

Congrats on booking! I'm so excited just thinking about it!!!

Lori P. :)

I think they go on sale tomorrow.

Our CAST

Me, Laura, the SAHM who will turn 45 freaking years old Oct 4th 2007
DH, Tom, The dad Great guy, hates getting there, but once there he is happy
DD's (6 and 5 right now) 17 months and worlds apart, and the boy kicker... he turns 3 this May and is a pickle!

This will be our second Disney Cruise, our first was a 3 day September 2005. We are DVC owners and love to travel.

As you can see I have been around the DIS boards for a while, and am a total over planner (note the current 7 day itineary above)

I know the cruise is 584 days away, but lets think of it as more time to get to know each other! :rotfl2:

Look forward to more people jumping in as the months fly by :wave:

Oh we we are in 8516, forward Starbord side

Okay guys! I'm official!!!!!!

We will be in 7006/7008.

Our Cast:
Me: A 37 year old who is so excited about another DCL cruise, she can hardly stand it.
DH: A 37 year old is is so tired of hearing me talk about the DCL cruise, he can hardly stand it. (Actually, it was his idea to book another cruise, lol)
DS10: A fourth grader who loves video games, bioncles and soccer
DS8: A third grader who loves socializing and, much to the chagrin of his mom, GIRLS.
DS6: A kindergartener who likes video games, reading books and computers
DS5: A pre-k kid who just likes to MOVE, funny kid, but you have to watch his every move
My mom and her DH (my wonderful step-father of two years): They joined us on our 2005 cruise and are actually crazy enough to go with us again, lol.

This morning, I put my seventh graders to work on a project and then hopped on the phone. I tried to get three of the SPR's, but they only had two available....at 8:01 in the morning!!! Whoever got the others must have been FAST!!!

I am a little disappointed and wonder will this cruise be as good as the other one b/c I absolutely LOVED our location when we had the SP rooms, but then I have to tell myself to stop being silly. Of course, I will love it!!!

Well, it's time to put the kids to bed, so I'll run. Hope everyone has a nice Thursday,
Lori P :)

That is soo awesome Lori!!! Welcome! You must be busy (and hear that a lot I bet lol)

Are you sure you got the cabins right?? THose two dont connect... just wondering? (7004 and 7006 do)

Your in the front of the ship like us!

We have 42 views so far... wonder if there are some people deciding if they like us before posting :rotfl2: Of course the fact that I realized there were 42 views could scare some people off, but hey folks... it is 583 more days... why not pass the time being tickled pink :Pinkbounc

I bet it's that my mom/step-dad have 7008 and we have 7006/04. I don't have the room numbers here at home since I left them on my desk.

Another thing that I have to let go of is that I am paying more for this room with a porthole than I did the level 10 "secret porthole". I HATE to pay more for something, when I know I could have had it for a lesser price. Okay...this is me...letting it go.....ahhhhhhhh....I'm alright now :hippie:

Laura, I kind of enjoy having a large countdown number. I booked our Oct. '05 Wonder cruise 20 months in advance and had fun planning and talking to people on the boards, especially the ladies in my DIS meet thread, so HEY! let's start planning :teeth:

I'd better go fix my hair, or I'll scare my students to death. :scared1:
Talk to you later!

Morning early birds!!

Oh good! I am glad you guys do have connecting rooms. On our 3 day we did 2 connecting Cat 6's I cant imagine having to go into the hall to get to the kids room (although it would ahve been quieter in our room, but DH likes his space for I figured, for our 7 day we would splurge on the 2. (hippo birdies to ME)

Oh and.... have you waitlisted for the SPH cabins?? Lots can happen in 582 days!

Lori... Is Chattanooga, TN onthe Knoxville end of town or the Memphis side?? We are heading to Pidgeon FOrge this summer on the way down to Hilton Head...

Chattanooga is about 2 hrs. west from Knoxville. I hope you enjoy Pigeon Forge. We went to Dollywood when we went there for our honeymoon. All I remember about it was it that I had a humongous headache. :headache: Do you mind if I ask where you're driving from?

Yes, I told my TA to waitlist me for those. That would be wonderful if they turned up available since I know the location is great, and the price would drop down quite a bit.

I'm glad to have found you. Last time we cruised, it took over a year for someone to reply to my post. I thought I would be the only one on the ship, lol. I guess there ended up being around 5 of us posting. Great people!

Happy Friday!

We live just outside of Chicago, but we are driving to Columbus Ohio to visit my dear Aunt before heading to Pigeon Forge. It should work out to be around 7-8 hours of driving a day for each leg of the trip. Not too bad. We are meeting friends there and then all continuing the road trip to HHI. I am very excited! Our first big huge super de dooper family road trip!!! That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger!

I think there was around 6 or so of us who chatted before our first cruise, but it was a 3 day, and due to a bomb scare, we all missed hooking up before the life boat drill and then we were all zoom zoom zooming around trying to do everything on the ship in just 3 days!! We did all see each other a lot though, but I guess on a ship you see everyone all the time! LOL

My guess is in about a year, we will get others posting with us :rotfl2:

I was thinking today... as I was reading the boards, I wonder how much of what they are currently doing, they will still be doing when we sail :rotfl2: I mean, in theroy all the shows could be different, etc. Can you tell I think way way way too much! hee hee

Okay... that's it for tonight... 582 days and counting..

Hi! Whew! I'm glad it's the weekend. Don't have much planned, and it feels GOOD.

Hey, have you thought about doing any excursions? When we went on the Wonder to Nassau, we didn't do anything like that. I don't regret it, but I'm wondering what will even be available on this cruise since we'll be going to different places.

I need to get my Passporter back out, I guess. OMGoodness, I am SOOOOO excited :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I feel as though I'm wishing my life away, but I'm ready to see that beautiful port again!

Okay...let's list our favorite things about DCL to keep this going and keep us dreaming.

Number One on my list: Sitting by the MIckey Pool, watching my kids swim, while I eat food from Beach Blanket. :coffee:

I have peeked at excurisions, just to get an idea what the boy can do (he will be 4, so that limits us a lot) but I wont really look at them until we are 7 or 8 months out. They can change, so why bother.

It is a lovely weekend here. 40's and sunny. I need to go and kick the kids outside for a while.

I have been researching Disneyland like crazy... I can make ADR's in a couple of days, and I need all those ducks in row. Very excited.

My favorite thing... is having the servers place my napkin in my lap.... silly huh.. for some reason I love it. It says, we are here to take care of YOU.

Beautiful here, too. I think it got to around 58 or so here today. The sun was shining, but a little wind kept it chilly to me. I hope it's nice again tomorrow. I have put off my kids doing their science experiment for the science fair project until the last minute, so if it rains tomorrow, we'll be in a fix. Their project isn't due until Wed, but I wanted to do the actual experiment part tomorrow.

#2 of my favorite things: getting up earlier than my family (I normally get up at 5:10 for school, so my body wakes up earlier anyway), heading to deck 9 for a cup of coffee and one of those delicious chocolate croissants. I hit one of the deck chairs and just take in the scenery.

Talk to you later!!! I'm going to go surf for a little bit. Haven't been on the computer very much today, so I need to get my fix, :goodvibes

Good Morning! What a beautiful day!

The sun is shining, and although it's only 37 right now, I think it's supposed to hit the high 50's today.

Laura, hope you get sunshine up in Chicago. If not, I'll send you some! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

My DH almost made me drop my teeth last night. He told me that he didn't want me saving money for the cruise until our debt is paid off! One of the first silly things I thought is, "I'll have to post on my cruise meets boards that I'm not going and Laura won't have anyone to chat with" :rotfl:

I finally got him to agree that the $1500 I saved for the deposit can go towards the cruise, and that I won't hoard money for the trip until our little bit on the card is cleared up (except for my change jar). Since my paycheck is basically going towards debt right now, it shouldn't take too long, then I can concentrate on paying off my REAL purpose for working, lol. So, for now, I'm safe. It doesn't hurt that he really enjoyed our first cruise, and wants to go back.

Gotta go get ready for church! Finding clothes for myself and four boys can be quite a scavenger hunt :)

Have a great day!

I am glad you set him straight about things! LOL I did mention this cruise to DH, told him I canceled our Oct 2006 cruise for 2007, but I have not told him I reservered a Cat 2! That will be my little surprize until we walk to our stateroom!! I may even forgo the preboarding perks... no, wait, I can just tell them, this is how all repeat customers are treated.... and he will buy it. He enjoys his space even more than I do, so the Cat 2 is the way for us to go, he just wouldnt see that right now, and would only focus on the bottom line...

(17 dollars a day everyday, between now and the cruise)

We are thinking about going to Curious George today, if the girls clean up like they are suppose to... it could just be me and the boy.

No sun here so far... a chilly 31 degrees according to my weather bug.... but heck, it is March so anything Mother Nature wants to throw at us is fine, since the end of winter is near...

Ugh... gotta fly... girls are fighting about who is cleaning more... lol

I saw it a few weeks ago with my 5 year old. She liked it...I LOVED it....the Music, the story....I thought it was great...Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Hey Debbie!! Yes, we saw it. I loved the music a lot! I ended up taking all the kids myself and they all were great! So that means they liked the movie... if they are bored, they get into trouble! (Dont we all)

Hi Debbie!

Well, I'm official! I put my countdown in my signature, so it's really happening, lol. :goodvibes

Laura, I think a category 2 would be just awesome. You'll have to host our DIS meet, hehe, Just kidding! I do bet you'll enjoy all that space.

Looks as though you girls are the same ages as my youngest two. Do they enjoy the kids' clubs? Mine used them quite a bit last time, especially my oldest son. He LOVED it.

I'm going to bed now, or at least going to go watch tV for a bit. 5:15 will come mighty early in the morning!!! Goodnight, all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter