**@@** October 6th, 2007 Magic**@@**

WOW! glad to see some activity on here..miss talking on here terribly but we don't have any future cruise dates set..thinking about 2010 but alot of things will hinge on that. Biggest being money!
DM and I may go on a NCL cruise alone --> or something like that. But funny thing is, she is hesitating...said she didn't think any other line could compete with Disney... and she was not so sure she wanted a 'Disney' cruise in the first place. :lmao: :lmao: --> she just wanted a cruise.
I'll tell you with the 6" of snow we have on the ground, winds howling thru cracks I didn't know existed in the house ... a Caribbean crusie would feel REAL good right now! :thumbsup2 I am TIRED of shoveling already~!

It would be good to hear from you all and keep on cruisin' :banana:

I have heard good things about RCCL so I would not hesitate to book one, depending on the ship cruisecritic. com has lots of good info on that line...

I finished Christmas shopping today. Going to be a much smaller Christmas than normal around here but between our Oct cruise and our last minute trip to WDW next week ($49 airfare, DVC, and the new Castle were too much for me to resist lol)

It will be nice to not have as much to wrap this year... let's hope the kids think so too :lmao:

And it's good to see others Miss our thread too... I loved yapping it up with all of you for the months preceeding the cruise. (((hugs)))

We're set for 11/06/08, a 3-day Wonder, and we're trying to make it a family cruise. I booked onboard for us and my folks, now have my sis onboard, now just need to get my DD, DS and his girlfriend to agree to save their money and join us.
No one has joined the Cruise meets thread for that one.
Good chance we'll do the 4 day 10/11/09 that Laura and family are on, as well. Anyone else?

Hi Everyone,

We're booked for a 5-day, Sept 1. next year. It seemed like fate since we booked on board on points for a discount and 9/1/08 will be our 35th anniv. It's got 2 stops at CC! We hope everyone gets to cruise again, although the 2009 rates have us rethinking for that year. Wonder what the rates will be like with the 2 new ships??

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! We were booked for Thanksgiving week 2008, but just rescheduled for May 23, 2009, don't usually get to travel at the start of the summer, but thought this would be nice. I didn't think the prices were as bad as usual, I was booked w/ cat 10, moved up to cat 9 and it was $300 cheaper than Thanksgiving. Maybe some of you can join us for an Eastern trip to Tortola, I'm looking forward to the extra day on the ship, I have as much fun on the ship as I do off.

Merry Christmas to all the October 6th 2007 Western Caribbean cruisers.

Here's to a Happy and wonderful New Year.

Ham Ham & Family!

christmas3.jpg

I was glad when I found this thread this morning on the front page. We went on the Dec. 8 eastern cruise. The Captain said we were going thru a tropical wave. But it was a tropical storm (Olga) we went thru. It was quite memorable. It was reported waves got up to 37 feet, pools were closed, they would not contain water, deck 4 was closed, shows were canceled and replaced with movies, water excursions were canceled at St. Martin. Many, many passengers and crew were sick. My DH got really sick, even had a patch on, and I got a little sick, and I took dramine. Thank goodness we slepped thru the worst of it. That's what you get for booking a cat. 12 gty. WE were in the last cabin on deck 2. You could not stand up in that room. We survived and booked 2 more cruises on board; the Western PC and Oct. 09 ST Croix. Hope to see some of you on board.

Sorry about your trip being so rough...
At least you have new cruises coming up. We are also on Oct to St. Croix! See you then (oh, a thread was started for that cruise already - in case you have not found it yet!!)

I was glad when I found this thread this morning on the front page. We went on the Dec. 8 eastern cruise. The Captain said we were going thru a tropical wave. But it was a tropical storm (Olga) we went thru. It was quite memorable. It was reported waves got up to 37 feet, pools were closed, they would not contain water, deck 4 was closed, shows were canceled and replaced with movies, water excursions were canceled at St. Martin. Many, many passengers and crew were sick. My DH got really sick, even had a patch on, and I got a little sick, and I took dramine. Thank goodness we slepped thru the worst of it. That's what you get for booking a cat. 12 gty. WE were in the last cabin on deck 2. You could not stand up in that room. We survived and booked 2 more cruises on board; the Western PC and Oct. 09 ST Croix. Hope to see some of you on board.

Glad to hear you made it thru that terrible weather Nanatink, and weren't discouraged from booking a couple more cruises. Hope you have a wonderful New Year, and a Happy New Year to everyone else!

Sorry about your trip being so rough...
At least you have new cruises coming up. We are also on Oct to St. Croix! See you then (oh, a thread was started for that cruise already - in case you have not found it yet!!)

WE are just waiting to go to the 09 Oct. St. Croix thread until all is finalized. I thought booking on board would be a breeze. The agent there said our travel agent would know before we got home. We keeped waiting and waiting to be contacted, so we finally got in touch with our travel agent to see if the transfer went thru. We knew being the dis addict I am that the Disney Cruise Line site was down for quite a long time. Finally it came up and the log jam I guess cleared. Still waiting on the 09 St. Croix to be finalized one though. When this happens I will start to post.

Hi everyone! Hope the New Year has started off well for everyone!!

Just thought I would let you all know that I finally unpacked the last of my suitcases from the trip!!!! How sad is that!

I guess the cruise is officailly over now ;)

Yes - Happy New Year to everyone! Of course a couple of weeks late!:goodvibes

I decided to keep our ressies for the Sept. 2008 7 day Costa Maya double dip that I booked at the same time as the Oct. cruise we all took. After looking and looking at those prices I'm going to keep what I have and see if I can make it work. There are 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) and the cruise cost when I booked was about $2700 - that is for a SEVEN day cruise. I can't hardly find 3 day cruises for that price anymore.

We're going down to WDW over spring break in March - the busy Easter time. We've done WDW enough now that I think it will be a relaxing trip despite the busy season. We're also taking in some spring training baseball while we're there!:banana:

Its been a long time....Just curious anyone else booking the Dream? We are going 4/17....Anyone doing Alaska or the Med?
Hope Everyone is Well
Debbie

Doing well! I would love to book the Dream or any of the fun, new itineraries! I have a new baby, though, so we plan to hold off for a while. Who am I kidding??? If we won the lottery, I would be booking today! :rolleyes1

I have become a TA to live vicariously through my clients, though!

We took my son at 11 months old and he loved it......If I won the lottery I would be back in a suite and doing the med also!

HI!!! We have no plans to Book on the new Disney Ships, but I have learned, never say never! lol :goodvibes

I dont even know the cabin options for a family of five... how sad is that! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter