**@@** October 6th, 2007 Magic**@@**

Oh, how I wanted to book while we were on the ship! :guilty:

But! I did this trip because I needed it so bad..not because I was totally prepared for it. So I am forcing myself to be prepared for the next one. You know..$$ save first... I stood by the booking desk and seriously thought about it because I figured..you can move the date out continually until you are ready..but I still would have had to put down the deposit and I wasn't prepared to do so. :sad2: <sigh> All you lucky people out there--think of us while you are on your next cruise! :grouphug: Maybe by 2010 I will be ready to go again and maybe we will catch up with some of you and join another cruise thread!

On another note: I do intend to write a trip report..just haven't gotten to it yet..still have one suitcase needing to be unpacked (paperwork, and stuff I have no clue what I am going to do with) --** Do I win the procrastinator's award? ** :cheer2: Anyone else still need to unpack? :confused3

Hey, does anyone have any more pics to share? I still haven't merged Mom's and mine together or prepared them for showing-- but I will..(procrastinator's annonymous just isn't working for me <sigh>) I do have some from the Dismeet too...and the room tour..etc. But I know I missed some opportunities for pics...so much to do ..so little time! How does anybody do a 3 or 4 nighter? You would no sooner get there then you would be getting off... YUCK!! :confused3

Anyone got their photos arranged yet? LOL! I'm trying to do a "Photobook" using some online software and let them print and send me one.

I still have the Sept. '08 cruise booked but I am considering moving or canceling it.:sad1: My older son just has too tough a time with making up work from school even though I had it all for him. It is a tough decision but he'll be in middle school next year - ugh! I'd love to do that 7 day double dip though - maybe I should do a 4 day double dip in the summer but wowza is the cost a lot more!!!:eek: I'm also thinking of joining DVC - those Animal Kingdom Villas look nice!:thumbsup2

I got my photos in order but I haven't gotten any printed yet. I have been doing online photo books the last few years but I might be creative and do an actual scrapbook for this Disney vacation. There are so many cute Disney scrapbook items out there!

Anyone got their photos arranged yet? LOL! I'm trying to do a "Photobook" using some online software and let them print and send me one.

I still have the Sept. '08 cruise booked but I am considering moving or canceling it.:sad1: My older son just has too tough a time with making up work from school even though I had it all for him. It is a tough decision but he'll be in middle school next year - ugh! I'd love to do that 7 day double dip though - maybe I should do a 4 day double dip in the summer but wowza is the cost a lot more!!!:eek: I'm also thinking of joining DVC - those Animal Kingdom Villas look nice!:thumbsup2

We booked the 9/1/08 DD 5-day on board using our brand new DVC points!! Yes, we joined on the cruise and we also booked the day before the cruise at AKV. Can't wait!

Our pictures right now are problematic. My DH put them on his computer and then wiped the memory stick. Now we're trying to get the pics on mine, so I can put them online for everyone (Carol, I've got you and the boys on one or two of my shots, as well as others from the DIS get-together on the first day of the trip).

Jennifer - did you like the online photobooks? I haven't tried one yet but I have a zillion digital pics. I have to start doing something with them!

Joanne - I hope you get the pics back - or are those on the stick gone for good? I'd love to see everyone's photos from the trip. I'll see if my photobook is shareable online. So you really got a great trip planned for Sept of next year - that is awesome! I gotta say that I don't like being limited to summers and other busy break times to do vacations but maybe we're gonna have to for the next 12 years - ugh! Maybe I should homeschool and we can do a "semester at sea" on DCL - LOL!:dance3:

we have picture, lots of pictures, just not sure how to put them here. :confused3 DD is the one with the knowledge, but oh, sooo busy all the time. DM, (DGM ) had such a lovely time, thanking all you nice people whe held the elevators and walked out so we could enter, and all that helpful stuff u all did, opening doors and holding them for us, really appreciated, wheelchairs are not the easiest to manage, THANK YOU ALL :grouphug: was afraid you all deserted this disboard, happy to see u back. :yay: :yay:

Wow, glad to see we're all starting to re-appear, after catching our collective breath ! We're in the middle of a home remodeling, so I'm only an occasional online visitor right now.

I, too, want to express my thanks to all we met - you are an awesome bunch! Just the casual "hi's", as well as the tours/tastings, and especially the good conversation, really added to the enjoyment of our trip.

As one of the pre-trip, self-proclaimed procrastinators on this sailing, I'll continue that mode now, and post a trip report/photos when I get a "round tuit".

And a question (or two) - The photobooks - are there Dis-themed ones available, or do I just use one of the services like Kodak and customize my own? Any advice on how and who to use is appreciated. And did ANYONE get postcards sent from Castaway Cay yet? We hit the post office early that Friday, but not a single one of over twenty I sent has arrived yet.

We, too, did a re-book, right now for 11/06/08, a 3-day on the Wonder, and a 4 day Wonder in April that I hope to change for a 2009 when those dates and itineraries are released. Hoping for Bermuda, or a repo, or, a real stretch, a NYC departure. Ya never know!

disdel

Glad to see you made it home OK.

OT question.

Any suggestions for an affordable hotel in mid-town?
We're thinking about a trip to Manhattan to catch some shows, museums and show the kids NYC.

I've found these 2 hotels that have not bad rates but they are in New Jersey.
One of them is right on the path train at the Pavonia Newport Stations.
I'm concerned about the time we will lose traveling back and forth. Since we plan to get around the city by subway anyway what's a few more minutes.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1177

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ewrnw-courtyard-jersey-city-newport

Any opinions or ideas?

"Ham Ham"
1530995-Roys_first_pic_of_New_York_City-New_York_City.jpg

Wow, those pictures of you guys in the underwater helmets are neat! Where were you, and which activity were you on?

I hope all of you October 6 cruisers had as much fun as we did on our October 7 cruise. I haven't rebooked yet (my TA can't stand that I don't do it on board) but will definitely do a 7 day next time. Our days on the ship were so wonderful, it was a real change to go to the parks afterwards and have to fight the crowds. But the cruise was amazing! The pirate party was a real highlight, but even just hanging out in our cabin was better than any hotel.

Thanks for all of your hints and comments along the way.

disdel

Glad to see you made it home OK.

OT question.

Any suggestions for an affordable hotel in mid-town?
We're thinking about a trip to Manhattan to catch some shows, museums and show the kids NYC.

I've found these 2 hotels that have not bad rates but they are in New Jersey.
One of them is right on the path train at the Pavonia Newport Stations.
I'm concerned about the time we will lose traveling back and forth. Since we plan to get around the city by subway anyway what's a few more minutes.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1177

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...rsey_City_Newport-Jersey_City_New_Jersey.html

Any opinions or ideas?

Kenny "Ham Ham"
1530995-Roys_first_pic_of_New_York_City-New_York_City.jpg
http://nymag.com/urban/guides/nyonthecheap/travel/hotels.htm

Disney has photobook options but it is expensive. It is at www.disneyphotopass.com and ranges from 49.00 - 69.00 for ten pages and 1.50 per page extra.
It is cute enough - I made one but my grand total was 97.00 so I didn't order it and they only hold it for a month so I have to find a coupon soon or I won't get it!

Shirley

Wow, those pictures of you guys in the underwater helmets are neat! Where were you, and which activity were you on?

It was called Sea Trek at Jeanies Beach and it weas GREAT! http://www.cometocozumel.com/english/sub/activities-seatrek-jennys.asp I found the site thru the Chakanaab park website. Of course we bought the video and pics...coudln't pass up the cool adventure. I didn't load the video but I can if anyone wants to see it.
It was a little confusing as to where to go...but we asked some locals and found out we were only about 2 buildings from the restaurant..kinda embarassing..but oh well, loved it!

I gotta catch up with the posts but I wanted to add that I mailed a postcard to myself from CC just for the scrapbook and it hasn't arrived either. How long does that usually take? !!!

I gotta catch up with the posts but I wanted to add that I mailed a postcard to myself from CC just for the scrapbook and it hasn't arrived either. How long does that usually take? !!!

. . . . but the one I mailed to our home reached here today, and I've heard from about 6 more of the folks I sent them to that they received them either yesterday or today. I just feel bad for someone I sent one to from the "Pay it Forward" thread - a Disboard member wanted one sent to a friend (from Mickey, of course) that was getting married at WDW, and honeymooning on DCL. The wedding was - tada - on Saturday, the 10th. The magic:wizard: didn't quite work this time:sad2:

I finally DID get my CC postcard but it arrived oddly wet - soaked through on a day that wasn't even raining! I have no idea what the postman did to it!:rolleyes:

What do people think of the 2009 dates? I was looking at those today (thinking of moving my Sept. '08 trip). Boy are those prices expensive though I'd love to do a 7 day in the summer. The new ports don't particularly interest me.

I'd probably book something just to get it (seems like the price usually goes up) but I always have to book the travel insurance right away too because of my son's pre-existing medical condition and I hate losing that money if we had to cancel.

I saw Laura had been posting on a 2009 thread - anyone else?:)

Hi! I can not beleive it cost TWICE as much to sail in summer... major sticker shock!!

So I just (like 2 mintues ago) sent DU an email asking them to book the Oct 11th 2009 4 day Wonder... It's $300 MORE than my Dummy date of Oct 2008, but $3500 LESS than sailing a 4 day in the summer of 2009 :lmao:

Kids will be a good age to go to Atlantis and play on the slides all day, and Castaway Cay... PLUS it's after the Wonder's Dry Dock, so new things to explore I hope I hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter