October/Halloween Trip Reports

It didn't work on the morning of my 60 day mark and later that day I got an email and everything opened up. You do have tickets attached ??

It didn't work on the morning of my 60 day mark and later that day I got an email and everything opened up. You do have tickets attached ??

We have annual passes, and they are linked. I finally got it to work late this afternoon, so we are all set.

I also check out the 31st, but I plan on letting the girls ToT and also do the parade. Should I call the mian desk to see if this will be a problem? I know last year with Halloween being a weekend, it hopefully added to the insanity and this year will not be as bad.

I only live an hour away so if I leave the truck and trailer at worse loaded and ready to go and maybe pull over to the Ticket and transportation center if I can not park at FW after check out. I hope I can still allow the girls to do what they can halloween night as we are staying all weekend. I just only want them to miss one day of school.

So excited, I did not think I would be able to get, but...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1472763647770.jpg
    FB_IMG_1472763647770.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 27

After almost a year of planning and rearranging dates, I was able to merge (snag) 10/28 in a premium with Golf cart rental and make our trip 10/28-11/5. I think I want loop 900 or 500. Had 500 before and 1000 and liked both. We are bringing my sis and her boyfriend (who is planning a surprise Engagement session at the Castle Saturday morning). So excited. Its both their first trips to WDW. So special. Made all of our FP+, ADRs and Eat to the Beat Concert reservations. This is our 3rd Halloween at the Fort and with the kids wanting to TOT I'm not sure is we will be able to hand out candy. Time will tell...... Happy planning and safe travels to everyone!!!!! See you really soon!!!!1

We are staying at BLT and were wondering if campers would have Halloween decorations up on Sat Oct 29? After reading about last year's crowds on the 31st, I think visiting another night to see decorations would be much better, if they are going to be up.

We are staying at BLT and were wondering if campers would have Halloween decorations up on Sat Oct 29? After reading about last year's crowds on the 31st, I think visiting another night to see decorations would be much better, if they are going to be up.

From what I have heard, people decorate the whole month of October.

We are a group of 6 adults with AP's and have 7:00pm reservations for Trails End. We were hoping to catch some of the golf cart parade before our dinner. We will not be trick or treating but would love to see some of the decorations around the fort. In reading this thread, don't think we will drive there. I'm wondering if we should change our reservations to another night. Really want to see all the decorations but don't want it to be too crazy.
It will add some time to your commute but you could always park at ttc and take the ferry to mk and a friendship boat to the fort. You'll be dropped very close to trails end and could walk to the nearby loops to check out decorations before dinner. I haven't been on Haloween yet but if what someone said about the parking situation last year turns out to be the case this year it seems like making the trek from the ttc may be a quicker and less stressful option.

Everyone please report back on what happens this year! I just booked a preferred site for October 29th-November 5th, 2017 with the intention of taking my kids tot on the 31st and I may rethink my dates of it's really bad. My husband will stay at the site and hand out candy but I'd hate to run out before all the Fort kids get some. There's no way we can afford candy for 1500 kids, though. We are a homeschool family(in Tennessee)and I have always found the kids in our community to be MORE respectful than others. It's totally appalling that people are planning and discussing this in public. I would report the group to Disney because they will join, monitor and shut the situation down. I know they've done this in the past to Memory Maker share groups with members who will profit off of the share.

Everyone please report back on what happens this year! I just booked a preferred site for October 29th-November 5th, 2017 with the intention of taking my kids tot on the 31st and I may rethink my dates of it's really bad. My husband will stay at the site and hand out candy but I'd hate to run out before all the Fort kids get some. There's no way we can afford candy for 1500 kids, though. We are a homeschool family(in Tennessee)and I have always found the kids in our community to be MORE respectful than others. It's totally appalling that people are planning and discussing this in public. I would report the group to Disney because they will join, monitor and shut the situation down. I know they've done this in the past to Memory Maker share groups with members who will profit off of the share.

I think last years was out of control because it was a Saturday. And well "word" getting out about it. While I am sure some locals will crash the party so to speak I think with the leap year making it a Monday will help, but we will see. What home schooling forum did you see this on? You can PM a link?

Feeling like a kid who got a new toy for Christmas and is not allowed to play with it. :sad:. Our new TT has been sitting in the drive way since we brought her home in August. Come on October, hurry up and get here!

Feeling like a kid who got a new toy for Christmas and is not allowed to play with it. :sad:. Our new TT has been sitting in the drive way since we brought her home in August. Come on October, hurry up and get here!
I know how you feel. We had gotten our new TT in May.... Our (first) trip with her wasn't until August..... Part of me just wanted to hook it up and go take it for a drive just because I could (although I didn't).

Now we are waiting for her second road trip in about 10 weeks..... Counting it down! :hyper:
:dancer:

We are also getting anxious up here in the Great White North. DH, DD 20 and I will be attending MNSSHP on Oct. 25th and hoping to get costumes finalized this weekend. This will be DH and my third MNSSHP but DD20's first.
My past attempts at DIY costumes have been unsuccessful where DH is concerned.The first year we were to go as Mouseketeers. I made white T-shirts with our names on the front. Sadly I forgot DH's shirt at home. Last year I was to be Tinkerbelle and DH was to be Smee. After an exhaustive search I decided to make his shirt. When he put it on I couldn't stop laughing so he decided not to go in costume.
This year DH and I will be HM hosts and DD20 will be the HM bride. This weekend we will scour the local thrift shops in hopes of finding a dress which can be used for her costume. Sometimes I wonder if the trip planning isn't almost as fun as the trip itself?

We haven't camped since August, may have to go late September or early October before our trip. Besides we should really do some cool weather camping before our warranty is up on our new camper.

This is my first post.

We will be at the Fort October 23rd to November 1.

Welcome Stanley! :welcome: :disrocks:

Sounds like no one knows what to expect from Halloween and WDW this year. The last few years Halloween has been around the weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) so I hope you have a good time this year.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter