October People: What have u left to do??

still have to go in for surgery (and recover)
we leave Oct 1st

ACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!
I'm no longer an October person! I'm now a September person!
My trip has been bumped up one week because my Husband had to change dates with someone at work.
I now have TWO WEEKS to pack because I'm going to our house in the Berkshires next week.
Oh holy STRESS...

I still have to make my PS for a character dinner, book a towncar, and hit Old Navy for a comfy sweatsuit to wear on the plane. The day before we go I'll have to pack and fax my order to the grocery store.

Oh, I also have to find a restaurant where we can celebrate my mom's birthday. Yikes, I forgot! :earseek:

The reason we started planning this trip is because we found airfare from DFW-MCO on American for $188 per person What a deal! So with the airfare bought in June, October has been sooooo far away.

I still have to pay the remainder of our balance for OKW $261. My husband put a check in the bank that was from out of state and they put a 10 day hold on it. I guess it being out of state and a large amount they are allowed to do that sort of thing. I get paid once a month and the entire month's payment is put right through. I am a speech therapist at a school district so I guess it's not a large enough amount to warrant being held haha.

I have the CSR on a courtesy hold with Disney that I need to pay as well. $209 total to pay

I have put in so many codes into the rental car company that if I find anything better it's bound to be free! I am leaving it alone and being thankful for a good rate. $149 for Oct5-12 on a full-size.

US/IofA tickets $380

HHN stay and scream tickets $130ish

Check that the kids still have shorts and tennis shoes that fit. It's a long time between back to school shopping and October for a 12 and 14 year old. They grow like weeds!

Make a signature book that is safe to add to my scrapbook when we get home and am still obsessing over the trip.

Make ressies for the dogs at their vet. Beg someone to feed Jack Sparrow the gerbil.

Buy costumes- Jack Skellington for DH, Sally for me and Zero for DD. Talk 14 year old son into something that won't terrify young children and get us kicked out of MNSSHP on the 8th.

Pack all the useful things that I read about on the message boards and the boring stuff like undies.

Continue reading/obsessing over the DIS boards to learn about things that my husband says won't make his trip any better anyways (I AM finding the well outside Indiana Jones and the Umbrella at MGM and the ring at Haunted Mansion, and the butterfly garden at Epcot..and the...and the..)

Getting on the Pal Mickey swap for yet another thing to drive my poor family crazy.

Park hoppers- done
MNSSHP tickets-done
PS's- done
Wishes Cruise-booked
surf lessons at TL- done
I am beginning to think that this isn't a vacation, rather a marathon!

Finally, counting every last dragging slow aching second until we finally leave!

Tracey
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I have booked my airline, hotel and rental car. I bought my MNSSHP tickets. That's what I did between yesterday and today-- not bad considering we just decided to take the trip in the last few days. Tomorrow we are headed out camping and if I get time I'm going to try and make a few PS's. Looks like it may be counter service for us though.

What haven't I done? My husband is sooooo tired of hearing my "plans" for this trip. For me planning is half the fun!

I made sure to look for and find a lot of the little things I've heard of on the tip boards:

* Vouchers - cancelled membership w/Hotwire
* Disney Visa - just requested my Disney Dollars today
* Body Glide - ordered (no whammies...no blisters.....stop)
* Annual Passes - bought/ still need to be activated at park
* Hotel- confirmed res
* Car- confirmed appt. for oil change/check for 2 weeks before trip
* Pack - have all items on my packing list, just waiting for the day before to pack them
* Badge- ordered princess badge for DD3 from Laughing Place
* PS - confirmed/ purchased Cindi custume for DD3 for CRT res
* Toys- bought tons of dollar store toys to keep DD entertained in car/ and in lines (no whammies...no lines....stop)

MAN AM I READY - I am literally checking my timer first thing in the morning now....this realllllly is a sickness....you guys weren't kidding!

:jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2:

Except that I realize I am a little behind everyone. And why does my counter still say 50's and some of you are twenties! No Fair.

PHP's purchased and copied(3 copies)
Airline tickets-done, do I need to confirm if I already have seat assignments?)
Car rental-reserved(not paid for yet)
Condo rental-Paid
MNSSHP-ordering them as soon as DH's big paycheck(46hours of OT) hits our bank acct on Friday!
PS done-only doing CRT
Q&C also ordering of Friday!
tons of other stuff to do between now and then
Thanks for reminders about Mail, newspaper etc..
and now need to find someone to watch our dog. I don't know how she will do in a kennel.

Only 3 things left to do :

1) Check all reservations (Train, Hotels,Meals, Etc......) 3 days prior,

2) Put the suitcases in car( They were packed last week),

3) Leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And after a night on the AutoTrain................The Pirates Life for WE (All 3 of us)!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Captain and Crew of The Black Pearl pirate: :teeth: :hyper:

i bought park hoppers, mnsshp, universal , universal halloween hrr nites,
made almost every PS possible, planned out each day, meal
bought DISNEY STAMPS at my post office today and already packed them in my fanny pack for post cards the first day ------ unless i wait to go to that world of memories store for tinkerbell postmark.

i confirmed air, will confirm hotel, car in few days

have touring plan for each day (basically a DONT MISS list) and
a table w/ all of our dining plans.......

i also have copies of the mk touring companion (book) which has rest's and resting areas listed for each park - will keep handy

bought backpack this past weekend and half packed it already

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter