October People: What have u left to do??

All I have left to do is pack and then confirm all of my ressies the week before we leave - everything else is done and we can't wait.

Well I'm already to go. The camper is packed except for the food and that won't take long to throw in, we do that the morning of our departure.

Now I just get to play the waiting game.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

We're done except for buying rechargable batteries for our camera and finding a pair of sensible shoes for my halloween costume. :rolleyes:

the only thing we have to do is put snacks in the suitcase as well as our toothbrushes.

Yes, our clothes are already packed, though we don't leave for a month. DH even said he will put everything in the car the night before so all we have to pack is food.

Hotel is reserved

Disney tickets are bought

"Surpise" bags for our 24hr road trip with 3 kids are ready

Rain ponchos bought as well as everthing else

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I have or tickets and PS made. I need to:

Get costumes for the kids. I don't think DH and I will dress up.
Pack
Get snacks together for the car.
More ebay for spending money.
Wow! Not too much left to do!

Hotel/tickets-purchased

MNSSHP Tickets-Purchased

PS-Reserved (I keep changing things around though)

Airline Tickets-purchased

Towncar-Reserved

Itinerary-Done (I will keep tweeking it until we leave)

Need to:Buy snacks for flight, stop mail the week before, and pack.

I am a last minute packer so we should be fine. :)

Hi all, not long now!!

I thought we were really doing well, bought more insect repellent today!

I noticed though that a lot of you will be confirming your PS's. As a first time what does this mean??

We have 3 PS's - CRT, PSB and Breakfastosaurus.

I thought this was done and dusted, but do I need to ring and confirm?? What if my CRT isnt there!!! Theyve taken money from my credit card!!

Why do you confim if you have confirmation numbers??!!!

Lorraine :Pinkbounc

Ressies made, changed, changed again. Finally set on 2 nights (10/6&10/7) at WL, courtyard view. Hope DH likes it, the 6th is his birthday. We move to the Poly on 10/8 for two days, GV, $244 per night. I requested Samoa, 3rd floor, volcaon pool side. May try for upgrade if possible. On the 8th we have MNSSHP so the Poly is idea. I have PS's for every day but Thursday, 10/7. Unsure which park we'll be at. Dinner that evening is at CM. Our Park Hoppers arrived on Saturday, less than one week from time of order. I still have one day left on the ones from June, if there's a lot of extra cash from this next paycheck I was told that I could upgrade them to AP's on arrival and have that one day that's left prorated on. Close to $600 the way I calculate (2 adult, 2 kid) that I'd have to come off. May wait till later. We tend to spend a lot on food, especially dinner there. Just hoping now that the refrigerators are going to be installed in the hotels by the time we arrive.

Have I missed anything? The only thing I think I need to replenish is our dispo ponchos from the dollar store.

This is my first post to the DIS Boards. And I have to say I love it here. It's so nice to have a place where people with our addiction can chat together.

I'm going in October with a Disney virgin. He's 28 and never been. Poor thing! I think we have everything under control....MNSSHP tix, airline tix, annual pass, car res, PS. Am I forgetting anything? I want him to have the best time EVER!!!! I love converting people to our way of life........princess:

I love the whole planning process.. So all thats left to do is pack.. I will do most of that when the weather changes from shorts to Pants here. Other than that, Nothing, Im done..

We're going 10/30 but have already finished-

timeshare reserved & paid
SeaWorld tics paid & ready
airline paid
rental car reserved
PS made for CM, CRT, CP & Sci Fi
DD purchased - need more to put aside for park tics
travel games ready

need extra film, batteries, etc. & won't pack til week before. I know once school starts, things will get busy so nice to have a majority of it out of the way now. Plus then it doesn't feel so expensive if the major purchases are spread out. :p

Still have to book my transfers ( anyone have any ideas ?)
Finish my P.S.'s-I do have a lot though
Get Halloween costumes
Buy the rest of my family's AP's(hey, I have mine!)
Try and get concierge instead of my lagoon view room at the GF
Who else is going to be down there with me on Oct.23rd. I see WELOVETHE POLY is going to be there with me. Probably see you on the monorail and I won't even know it!
Happy Planning people!

Remaining things:

1. Make Mousekeeping envelopes

2. Fill Mousekeeping envelopes with tip

3. Buy a few items remaining (i.e., shampoo, soap, toothpaste)

4. Pack (the week of trip)

5. Get digital camera ready

6. Get snacks ready (two days before)

7. Take dogs to kennel (night before)

8. Get everything at work caught up.
out
9. The most important.....SAVE MONEY

I'm sure if I really sat down thought about it, I would a lot more.

I like this thread, thanks!!!!!

:wave2:

Chris

OK, let's see - we started this 'going to WDW in October' process back on January 12th - 10 days after we came home from our first trip to our new favorite place :teeth: ! So, what have I got left to do???

Airfare - booked, ticketed, and seats reserved. Printouts 3-hold punched and placed in THE FOLDER (everything goes in THE FOLDER - all paperwork, vouchers, tickets, maps - it all goes in THE FOLDER :D)

Hotels - thanks to my DS, 4 nights at Boardwalk on DVC points, and thanks to a nifty little email I received a few weeks ago, our first night will be at CSR! And yes, our reservation confirmation is 3-hold punched and in THE FOLDER ;) .

Transportation to/from airport - still going around and around about this one - we flap from getting a rental car to taking the bus :earseek: !

Food - Got my Connections vouchers, got my VKL vouchers, cancelled my Connections membership. Got my PS for Rainforest Cafe to USE the VKL. Because of the vouchers and the Food and Wine Festival, we're not making any other PS's...:smooth:

Planning - we're going into major league hyper speed with this one . . :chat:

Costumes - Arrrgh! We be trying out our garb at the Ohio Renaissance Festival the weekend after next - look for a scurvy lot o'Pirates pirate: !

Packing - Dag, I knew I forgot something . . . .:crazy:

I just purely can't hardly wait no how!!

KC:earsgirl:

hmmmmm....

1. Confirm EVERYTHING (it's my Type A personality)

2. Pack

3. Move into a new house... yeppers, doing one inter-state move into a new house ONE WEEK before we go to WDW

4. New batteries for Pal Mickey

5. Halloween costumes for the MNSSHP.

What do you confirm When??

When should i confirm.......
airline reservations?
hotel?
rental car?
ps's?
anything else??
:rolleyes:

I made towncar reservations and bought MNSSHP last week. My priority seatings and airplane tickets were made/bought months ago ... so the only thing I have left to do is to buy an AP. :) I wish I could speed up my counter some how *lol*

I still haven't decided if I want a costume for MNSSHP yet :scratchin

We'll be there 10/7 to 10/14. Let's see.

1 Find some birthday items for MIL's surprise birthday dinner.

2 Get DS either a kids camera or disposable one. Anyone know where to find a kid's camera? Walmart has Princess ones, but I didn't see anything for boys.

3 Pack.

4 Start trying for baby number 2. ::yes::
(doctor advised waiting until right before the trip to avoid possible morning sickness during)

5 Confirm PS's again and order MIL's birthday cake.

I think that's all. Now if time would just go a little faster. My DS, 3yrs, is so excited. He is going to be Peter Pan for MNSSHP.

Lorraine-
One reason to check on PS's- We called to see if we could get a later PS than we had, well they had it booked on the wrong day. So if we had not decided to change the time we would have gotten there and had no PS time. So we checked them all and will check again right before we leave.

Have fun counting down the days everyone!!!:sunny:

I am a total slacker!!

I still have to:
1. Order FITS
2. Order US/IOA tickets
3. Order HHN tickets
4. Join hotwire savings club; order vouchers; cancel membership
5. Order Cirque tickets
6. Reserve a tour (still deciding)
7. Pack
8. Hit the lotto!

We have our plane tickets, reservations at BCV, rental car and PS's. I have to get on the ball!!:Pinkbounc

I just need to purchase 1 more park ticket and learn how to use my new digital camera. I have never used a digital before so I keep putting off reading the paperwork. Hoping someone will come along and just show me(LOL). Still need to pack:earseek: .Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter