Offical free dining watch 2008

What's the best way to get to the resort you want? Can you book the resort at regular rate now and apply the code later when it comes out.

We will not be able to go again this year. But I am trying to learn as much as I can since both of my boys will be "adults" next time we go. Free dinning seems to be best discount we can get.

What's the best way to get to the resort you want? Can you book the resort at regular rate now and apply the code later when it comes out.

We will not be able to go again this year. But I am trying to learn as much as I can since both of my boys will be "adults" next time we go. Free dinning seems to be best discount we can get.

This is what I am planning on doing. Book in March, make all my ADRs at the end of March and hope for the free dining code! The only thing that has really got me wondering is about the rumor of having to book a moderate or deluxe. I really hope thats not true, but if it is I suppose I will have to cut a couple days off of our trip and do so.

There has been quite a few rumors out there this year, as there were many last year. Only Disney knows for sure. But, with the bounceback promotions that they had this year values, moderates, and deluxes were included in the promotions. I am not to sure that Disney would want to lose the business if they don't put the values up for the free dining promo. Especially with economic slow down. I think it would be in their best intrest to include the values. But, that's just my little opinion.
Now, I would love to know when they are going to annouce the promotion. Because I have heard both March and April.
I was very lucky and was able to take advantage of the bounce back. But, now all of the people that say we are crazy for going to Disney every year, now want to go along with us. And I would love to add 2-3 additional days to the end of our vacation and there hasn't been any availability for it. So we will see how everything turns out this year.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

If you book before free dining is available it does not reserve a room for you at that particular hotel and if anything it will hinder the chances of rooms being offered for free dining if they have too many rooms booked at that resort already before it is offered. The choice is yours but IMHO I would not book unless you will go either way with or without free dining and you are prepared to rebook to a resort that it is offered at if the resort of your original reservation is not available.

HTH

From what I am seeing here, free dining has not been offered in the summer. Is that correct? I am new to the "free dining". I didn't even know that it was offered in the past.

Nope it is usually only offered late August through late Sept to try to draw people in. That is one of the slowest times of the year at the World.

If you book before free dining is available it does not reserve a room for you at that particular hotel and if anything it will hinder the chances of rooms being offered for free dining if they have too many rooms booked at that resort already before it is offered. The choice is yours but IMHO I would not book unless you will go either way with or without free dining and you are prepared to rebook to a resort that it is offered at if the resort of your original reservation is not available.

HTH

I am not too worried that All Star Sports will book that quickly. I have a Disney Visa as well, so I am hoping to be one of the first ones to get to book.

We've gone in both September and December the past few years, and I'm completely drawing a blank on whether free dining was offered in December too, any of the past few years. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 Does anyone remember? Thanks.

HTH

Exactly...The cm I recently talked to said alot of people are already booking with hopes of adding free dining, and he said it doesn't work that way.If people book and the resorts reach projected occupancy..NO FREE DINING.i already booked my trip, but I got a better deal thru AAA and won't be eligible for free dining anyway:sad2: ...wish we could stack discounts...:sad2:

We've gone in both September and December the past few years, and I'm completely drawing a blank on whether free dining was offered in December too, any of the past few years. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 Does anyone remember? Thanks.

Nope, only offered in august/sept...hurricaine season/low season:goodvibes

Subscribing...popcorn:: We are booked with the bounceback offer from last fall, but we have friends who are looking to go to WDW for the first time with their three children this fall. I am REALLY hoping they will get free dining. I think Disney will offer it, only a matter of time hopefully! :goodvibes

Exactly...The cm I recently talked to said alot of people are already booking with hopes of adding free dining, and he said it doesn't work that way.If people book and the resorts reach projected occupancy..NO FREE DINING.i already booked my trip, but I got a better deal thru AAA and won't be eligible for free dining anyway:sad2: ...wish we could stack discounts...:sad2:

If that many people booked in hopes of getting free dining, do you suppose can we expects a lot of cancellations in June if it doesn't materialize?

I am finally booking this week...just HOPING :shamrock: that the free dining comes to all of us!

I am new to this board. This is all fasinating to me.
I am plannng a trip with my girls 8 & 6 for August. This will be the 1st time for them.
Can someone explain this to me like I am a 6 yo?
I would greatly appreciate it. I haven't booked my trip as of yet but will be in the next several weeks.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter