Offical free dining watch 2008

Is the only way you that were offered the bounceback dining was because you were there during the free dining in 2007? We went in April 2007 for our anniv so we did not use the offer for Free DDP in Sept 2007. We did receive something from Disney Visa last year and am hoping that it comes out again. Our next trip is in April 2008 when the free DDP is NOT offered, but we would surely do a quick trip again in Sept 2008 if we were able to do the free DDP. I guess we'll just have to play the waiting game.

:goofy: :ccat:

Well, during certain times of the year Disney offers free dining as a promotion. It has been offered the last several years for Sept. It is in place of a % off on rooms. If you book with % off you can not use the free dining and vice-a-versa. It has been announced in April for Sept. I along with many others are waiting (not so patiently) for the day it is open to book and holding our breath that it will indeed be offered this year.

I hope this helps.:goodvibes

Would I be better off with 40% off at the GF GV or with Free Dining. We are 2 adults, 1 DS (14), 1DD (9)?

Thanks for any advice!

Would I be better off with 40% off at the GF GV or with Free Dining. We are 2 adults, 1 DS (14), 1DD (9)?

Thanks for any advice!
Well you'll have to crunch some numbers. For us the free dining is so worth it. We are staying at POP with 5. The free dining will save us about 900.00. To me thats a big savings.

:goodvibes

Thanks for any advice!

The previous poster is correct, you'll have to crunch the numbers yourself - many of us here could do that, but we would need to know when you will be at the GF GV. That way, we would know the rack rate for the room, and how much a 40% discount would save you.

What we CAN tell you is that based on the ages you've given, paying for the DDP would cost you roughly $124/day.

If you're saving more than that with 40% off a room at the GF (easily done, especially in any season other than value), then stick with that deal.

If you are staying as a DVC'er, can you still get free dining?

No. The free dining promo is only offered thru CRO and you have to pay full price for the room (so your meals may be free...but you are paying quite a bit more for the room). A lot of DVC members rent their points out and use the cash proceeds to pay for the free DDP package.

Add me in! I am currently schedule to go july 23rd thru July 29th but if disney is going to offer free dining in august! I am willling to switch to August because we originally discussed going in august anyways! It is a trip for my daughter's 8th grade grad trip!

(Subscribing)

I'm currently booked POR for last week in Sept (to catch the two days of value season + food&wine festival overlap), but if free dining goes public I'm gonna try to snag an earlier week to catch it. Would work out to about an equivalent 33% discount for us, better than the 20% we're getting with a AAA room-only resv.

Has the free dining period ever overlapped the food & wine festival? snack credits for F&WF booth food :eek: what a concept!

-Keo

Subscribing

We are planning our second trip to Disney in September and I'm hoping that the free dining is offerred this year as well!

pixiedust: pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter