Official 2011 Disneyland Half Thread!

But the Coast to Coast is the pretty, pretty Walt and Mickey "Partners" statue...only flat. <3

Yes it is! It is my favorite so far and the only reason I ran the DL half in the first place! :goodvibes My Mom surprised me with the Partners Statue you can get through Art of Disney after finishing the Marathon. There is no statue in all of Disney that means more than that one! That is true Pixie Dust! :love:

For those of you that want to do something special for your trip to DL, sign up for the Disneyland Tour - Walk in Walt's Footsteps - it is a wonderful tour and if you don't get teary, you don't have tear ducts! ;) There are discounts for being a Disney Visa Card Member, etc. We really enjoyed it. I think I will do the California Adventure Segway Tour this year though.

Has anyone else who signed up at the Expo gotten their confirmation yet? I'm wondering who to call to check - I was told I should get something Tuesday or so. Hmm...

We won't know unless Disney decides to post it. It looks different every year! But, I can say that Disney doesn't know how to make horrible medals - they are all great!

Slight correction, the medals for the first four years were identical besides the year on the bottom changing. The 5th year was a "special medal" that was different. But you're right, we won't know about the 6th year until they post it.

I need to figure out how to swing a trip to DL to do the Half in September then to Hawai'i for 2 weeks over Christmas. It is going to be tough but I really want that C2C medal.

Anyone know if you get any special swag if you sign up for DL Half at the Princess Half Expo? I ask because the Disney folks were at the expo for the Chicago Rock and Roll Half this summer and if you signed up for a Disney race then you got a backpack :cool1:

Anyone know if you get any special swag if you sign up for DL Half at the Princess Half Expo? I ask because the Disney folks were at the expo for the Chicago Rock and Roll Half this summer and if you signed up for a Disney race then you got a backpack :cool1:

There wasn't any swag that I saw at Marathon weekend. Just the no extra fee thing.

Yep, same at NYCM.

Disney always seems to pass something out at the other races for their races but I haven't seen any special swag at their own Expo. I guess they figure they already have your attention?

I am looking to sign up for next years 1/2, I saw on the web site that you and your family can get a deal on tickets...any one have the info on this?

The Disneyland Travel stuff is through gettravel.com. If you go to that website, there's a DL 1/2 logo, click on that and they'll have info on tickets and hotel rooms.

Signed up at the expo last Friday and I got my confirmation on Tuesday. Now I just have to decide whether I want to do the 5K on Saturday, hopefully space will still be open until they announce the theme for this year. Just checked the Angels schedule, and they have a day game on Sunday, so no home plate this year. Just the outside of the park like the 3rd year of the race.

Now to find a cheap hotel...

The Disneyland Travel stuff is through gettravel.com. If you go to that website, there's a DL 1/2 logo, click on that and they'll have info on tickets and hotel rooms.

Signed up at the expo last Friday and I got my confirmation on Tuesday. Now I just have to decide whether I want to do the 5K on Saturday, hopefully space will still be open until they announce the theme for this year. Just checked the Angels schedule, and they have a day game on Sunday, so no home plate this year. Just the outside of the park like the 3rd year of the race.

I see everything BUT the DL Half. lol

If you scroll down to "other events", it's in the 2nd row, 4th over. It says Disney's Half Marathon and the logo is Mickey running with a blue castle in the background.

Since everyone's definition of cheap is different - I will throw this out there for your consideration. I have booked a room at the Howard Johnson's right across the street from DL - the front of the hotel is about even with the Matterhorn. We have stayed there before and it is very clean. You get free parking, fridge and microwave, and free WiFi in room.

I love the fact it took us about 8 minutes to walk from front door of HoJo to main DL entrance.

I used this link from Mousesavers.com Make sure you put in promo code LKMS

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers

and got a rate (with tax) of $115.86 a night - arriving Friday and checking out Monday. If you are like me and have an AARP card that rate is even better - $109.05 a night.

Ugh. I signed up on Friday as well but haven't heard anything!! :( I did email them, and the person who emailed me back said that a lot of people signed up for things and everyone was working diligently to get things entered. If I haven't heard anything by next Wednesday, he said to give them a call.

Ugh. I signed up on Friday as well but haven't heard anything!! :( I did email them, and the person who emailed me back said that a lot of people signed up for things and everyone was working diligently to get things entered. If I haven't heard anything by next Wednesday, he said to give them a call.

That happened to me with the full when I registered down in San Diego last June. They had my reg, but it wouldn't come up on the confirmation page for some reason, even when I tried last month. But I do know that while I got the confirmation email the other day, when I clicked on a link to look at the reg info, it said I couldn't access that page. So it's probably like they said and they're just inputting everything and it's a little backed up.

Has anyone else who signed up at the Expo gotten their confirmation yet? I'm wondering who to call to check - I was told I should get something Tuesday or so. Hmm...

I called Run Disney directly a few days ago as Hubby had received his confirmation email but I had not. There was a typo in the email address they entered for me, so my confirmation got lost in the ether and will not be re-sent. (Drat! I wnated that email. Yes, I'm crazy-sentimental about this tusff.) But I was able to verbally confirm my registration with a member of the staff. You'll find the number on the lower left of all of the Run Disney screens: "Contact Us"

I called Run Disney directly a few days ago as Hubby had received his confirmation email but I had not. There was a typo in the email address they entered for me, so my confirmation got lost in the ether and will not be re-sent. (Drat! I wnated that email. Yes, I'm crazy-sentimental about this tusff.) But I was able to verbally confirm my registration with a member of the staff. You'll find the number on the lower left of all of the Run Disney screens: "Contact Us"

Thanks. As of now nothing's shown up on my credit card...when something shows up there and i haven't heard from them I'll call. Or if I haven't heard anything by Wednesday per the email response I got.

I do have a 2-bedroom suite reserved for me, my sister, my two running partners, and one of their roommates at Portofino Inn and Suites! :) Got it at a rate where we'll basically be paying $188 each for the whole 4-night stay! WOOHOO!!!!!

Is it in your active.com profile or when you registered was it only through Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter