Official 2011 Disneyland Half Thread!

I'm hoping to do this race; I really want that Coast-to-Coast medal! There is also a conference in San Deigo that starts the Tuesday after the race, that I would love to go to. So I'm trying to figure out how I can jet of to CA for a week and be able to afford it!

Well, the charge is now pending on my card! WOO! No email though. I wonder if they mistyped it like they did someone else's. I'll give it a couple of days and then call to check.

If the email address is wrong, it likely wouldn't show up in my active.com profile though would it?

Well, the charge is now pending on my card! WOO! No email though. I wonder if they mistyped it like they did someone else's. I'll give it a couple of days and then call to check.

If the email address is wrong, it likely wouldn't show up in my active.com profile though would it?

Well, it depends. Some of us have our e-mail address as our active.com login but others have a username similar to what we would use for this message board. I have no idea what information you had to provide to register as I would imagine they didn't connect you to your active account. But, they should be able to cross reference some information like your date of birth, address, city/state. I hope that the runDisney folks can straighten it out with Active because I have found in the past that Active.com has some inconsistent customer service. But, I have always gotten great response from the Disney folks.

Gotcha. Well, like I said, I'll give it a couple of days to get the email in case they're waiting on making sure the charge goes through to send it, and then I'll call and make sure they input all my information the right way.

Hooray! Also going for the coast to coast. We live in South Korea and myself and 4 girlfriends are flying to Orlando for the Princess Half in Feb. The kids and I are home in the states for the summer and our last event is fiddle camp in SanJose which wraps on Saturday. Since we usually fly back to SK from LAX we'll be RIGHT THERE. I sprung the idea on DH and he goes "Oh you'd be crazy not to go for that!" He's the best! Now I just have to find someone to come with us and sleep over with DD and DS so I can sneak out of the hotel at 3am. I have 7 good months to figure that one out! I'm running this alone so if anyone else is a solo runner let's meet up. Can't wait to get my bonus medal!!

I'm already planning some other races closer to home that are within driving distance. Still trying to decide if I want my first full to be Chicago in Oct of this year or DIsney World 2012!

I don't know much about Chicago but I can tell you that I was so happy that I chose to do my first Marathon at Disney. It is more of a fun race whereas I just imagine Chicago to have a lot more elite and hardcore runners. Plus, I know Chicago doesn't have all the distractions that Disney does! Either way, I am sure your first Marathon will be an enjoyable experience regardless of where it is.

DH and I are planning to do this race to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary, which will be in July. We went to DL for part of our honeymoon, so it will be extra special for us.

We did do the WDW half, so we are VERY excited about getting the C2C medal!

You know I'll be there... 6 years running! A note on DVC at VGC, studios are full for Sat/Sun. We're in a 1 bedroom on Sat/Sun and swap to a studio for Mon, waitlisted for the others. And we reserved at around the 10 month point...

Matt, GCV is your home resort? They're already full? Yeesh!

Based on Matt information, I've made a backup reservation for Saturday and Sunday nights at the Travelodge on Disneyland Drive in case I can't get on property for points. It looks to be about 1/2 a mile or so from the start. It looks to be about 2/3 mile from the Disneyland Hotel at the corner of Disneyland Dr. and Ball. It was $61 from Sat and $57 for Sunday with AAA Discount.

I'm going for the C2C medal as well! I saw them last year and all but begged my parents to help me out with travel and what not. They know it's better for me to have some sort of competition to keep me training and in shape (and usually injured and on some sort of level of recovery).

We got a DVC at GC as soon as we could so luckily we have the rooms figured out. I'm just hoping work or nothing else will get in the way... Being a college senior I'm not exactly sure where I'll be or what I'll be doin around the race...

I'm going for the C2C medal as well! I saw them last year and all but begged my parents to help me out with travel and what not. They know it's better for me to have some sort of competition to keep me training and in shape (and usually injured and on some sort of level of recovery).

We got a DVC at GC as soon as we could so luckily we have the rooms figured out. I'm just hoping work or nothing else will get in the way... Being a college senior I'm not exactly sure where I'll be or what I'll be doin around the race...

The advantage is it's Labor Day weekend, so most jobs unless you're doing service industry or something will be closed on Monday. Good luck!

DH and I did our first 1/2 at DW this year and are 90% sure we are in for DL and our C2C medal! Very excited- just need to line up our rooms this week.

Me too!! Me too!! I want to play!! I love the Disneyland 1/2! This will be my 4th year :thumbsup2 Might try to go for a C2C next year, we'll see.

Anyone have good display ideas for medals/bibs? I'm going to do my 7th 1/2 marathon this Sunday (Surf City). I have all my medals and most of my bibs, but not sure how to display them. My apartment is just a little 1 br (limited wall space) and I'm on a very tight budget so not much extra $$ to spend on frames or shadowboxes or whatnot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter