Official 2011 Princess Half Thread Part II!!!

Kelley - I just can't resist...what happened with the balloons??

That crazy pace lady with the balloons . . . I was in corral F and that didn't leave much spare time for pace. Anyway, I stopped to help a lady whose friend was woozy and she couldn't hold her up by herself. Anyway, little bit waiting for the medical bikes (and believe me I took off as soon as they came) caused me to be able to see the balloon lady for the first time and for the rest of the race . . . last 3.4 miles. It was horribly stressful. My runner friends who all finished way ahead of me were threatening to send me a balloon -a - gram on Tuesday at work.:scared1:

K

I apologize if the crazy pace lady is on here, I am sure you are not crazy . . . this is just what I infered from my fear and the situation. Sorry

I was close to the balloon lady once or twice myself during the race.

After the race, I saw her as I was getting some water and I thanked her for helping keep me moving.

Just finished my video TR of the Princess Marathon. Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn0Fla_-hfI&feature=channel_video_title

-nat

thank you thank you thank you natale for doing SUCH a wonderful job with this video. i have tears in my eyes after watching it. there's nothing like seeing great pics and video for me to really be able to relive that experience! i've read and written trip reports but that video of the end and seeing the gospel choir was just awesome. thank you!

thank you thank you thank you natale for doing SUCH a wonderful job with this video. i have tears in my eyes after watching it. there's nothing like seeing great pics and video for me to really be able to relive that experience! i've read and written trip reports but that video of the end and seeing the gospel choir was just awesome. thank you!

Nat Great video. Love your music choices.

Thanks guys!!! The princess marathon was an experience I will never forget. What an empowering event. I would have never tried a 1/2 marathon if it wasn't for Disney. :cheer2:

-nat

Just finished my video TR of the Princess Marathon. Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn0Fla_-hfI&feature=channel_video_title

-nat

I'm crying too! Great job on the video. You captured everything. Do you mind if I post it to my Facebook page? I have several friends who after following my training all year have expressed an interested in running the Princess in 2012. Your video would give them an excellent idea of what to expect.

ETA: Nice to know that I wasn't the only one who took a picture of the alarm clock!

Thanks for watching guys!!!
Feel free to post links anywhere you want. It's cool knowing that people are watching.

Doing this with friends and knowing that we were having fun and not necessarily going to get a 'great' time was awesome!! Amazing day!!!
The 10 minute wait at a port-a-pot didn't help and one of the girls ended up hurting her knee really bead so there was a bunch of waiting. (When we were not waiting) I feel that I put everything into it that I had.

Did anyone else stay out late? I didn't get back to my resort until 11:30pm!!!

-nat

Just found this thread and wanting to know when they will post the dates for the 2012 race and when do you have to sign up?? Thanks!

Feel free to post links anywhere you want. It's cool knowing that people are watching.

Doing this with friends and knowing that we were having fun and not necessarily going to get a 'great' time was awesome!! Amazing day!!!
The 10 minute wait at a port-a-pot didn't help and one of the girls ended up hurting her knee really bead so there was a bunch of waiting. (When we were not waiting) I feel that I put everything into it that I had.

-nat

NAT GREAT JOB! I am going to post it on my blog if you don
t don't mint since I was camera battery challenged that day.

Totally agree about doing with friend...even though my group did not run together, we all had a blast. And the just hanging with the girls leading up to and afterwards was amazing. it was so much fun....you video shows it all.

We weren't planning on it but stayed out to see the firework at MK....that was the best day ever! So much fun.

Yogamom aka Mary, there is an 8ish minute video on youtube I totally saw you at the end. :-)

-nat

Great video! I shared it with my mom who wants to run the 1/2 in January after watching me run last week.

We flew home on Sunday evening, and I didn't get to bed until almost 24 hours after I woke up on Sunday morning. It was a long day for sure, but totally worth it!

Just found this thread and wanting to know when they will post the dates for the 2012 race and when do you have to sign up?? Thanks!

I thought I read a post a few days ago that it would be on Feb 26 in 2012, but not sure about that or where the info came from. I believe registration opened up in July last year so I would assume it would open around the same time this year for a Feb race again so you have some time!

On the back of the race program there is a save the date page that lists the Princess weekend being February 24-26, 2012.

I have to wonder, did you take the Mears bus to the airport early Monday morning? my friend and I rode one with a lady (she was solo to the airport) who looks just like you :rotfl: There were a bunch of other ladies on it too (but we weren't with them).

THAT WAS ME! You had on your I DID IT SHIRT and we saw eachother in the terminal later?

Did the other ladies get evacuated from Pirates? I am kicking myself now wondering how in the world they got people off the boats from that cannon area...its like in the middle of a lake!

I'm late here, but congratulations, fellow Princesses!! I ran the half with my BFF and spent the next two days in the parks, then left on Wednesday which meant I got home on Thursday, jetlagged but bursting with pride!

This was the first race for either of us and we both had just the most amazing fun! I was jumping out of my skin with excitement and nervousness in the two days leading up to the race. I'm so glad we slept well on Friday night, because Saturday night was not what I would call relaxing. I think I didn't sleep more than 17 minutes at a stretch before waking up and lunging for the clock to make sure we hadn't overslept. 2:30 am was a relief -- at least no more lunging!

The race was just such a blast and I can't wait for next year! I'm so proud of myself for setting this goal and achieving it -- and no blisters! The worst part afterwards was that both second toenails were terribly sensitive; also, stairs were not a favored sight in the next couple of days. Also, who knew how painful toilets could be? On Monday especially, I was taken by surprise by how much my upper thighs protested when I took my place on the throne, so to speak. :rotfl:

I'm back to training tomorrow and I'm looking for local 5ks and 10Ks to keep my focus going.

One question: I've been asked a few times since the race, "So, how did you do?" I always answer that I finished, which was my goal, and I'm totally happy about it. But they always seem to push it: "No, really, how did you do? How many people were behind you?" As far as I'm concerned, there were three people who won the race, and everyone else was running either for a PR, or to finish, or to have a great time, and asking about my placement is missing the point entirely. Or am I missing the point? What answer can I give beyond what I've been giving? (Which is: "I don't know and I don't care. I was running my race, and my goal was to finish, and I did, so go me!")

Go all of us! :cheer2::yay::cheer2:princess:

THAT WAS ME! You had on your I DID IT SHIRT and we saw eachother in the terminal later?

Did the other ladies get evacuated from Pirates? I am kicking myself now wondering how in the world they got people off the boats from that cannon area...its like in the middle of a lake!

OMG that's soooooo funny!!!! :lmao: That WAS me!!! And yes, their story was crazy! Evac'd from Pirates... ha ha. Bummer too, huh? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter