Official 2012/2013 Disney Military Promotion - Updated Post #187

Your local ITT/MWR office may be able to get them for you at a discounted price, also. I have gotten our FL Resident APs at our local bases for significant discounts.

I'm sure Cheshirefigment will start a new thread, but I wanted to post that Disney has renewed the AFS for 2013-2014!

information at the military tips blog

Excellent news! I didn't see the price on the page - any clue what it'll be? I need to know what the black-out dates are, too, because we're going for my birthday, 12/31-1/5 and if the black-out lasts longer than 12/31, I'll have to get MYW tickets.

ETA: I just went through the Blog post and the price is $169. Black-out dates for the holidays end 12/31, so I will be able to use them.

Looks like everyone will need to be there to activate the tickets, which wasn't true this year. Probably a good thing.

Ok... Question: we have a trip planned dec 15-21. Because of leave, trip is not moveable. Since we will not be able to take advantage of military deal now, can someone please explain my best case scenario: we are now hoping to get in on free dining. This requires two day base tickets. I THOUGHT I had read military can buy the base two days and upgrade them with the free dining. Am I correct on this thought or totally wrong? two day base Tickets and upgrade to Military ticket... Our is it cheaper to just keep out 5 day base? I'm getting so confused with Disney math!

Edit to add: I asked this a little while ago on other thread as well. Sorry to double post.

sorry if this is a repeat ?, but I can't find anything....

WestPoint lists two prices for tickets $156 and $184 I believe the difference being the base vs. parkhopper and WPF options.

But we are buying them at SOG because of timing issues and there it only lists
$156 and doesn't really have details. Can we get the Park Hopper with waterpark and more options at Shades of green with a discounted price.

I just want to be sure I have correct amount of $ and that we can get this ticket at SOG. My kids are looking forward to water park.

Also just confirming those WPF options can be used on different days then the 4 park days. J:)

sorry if this is a repeat ?, but I can't find anything....

WestPoint lists two prices for tickets $156 and $184 I believe the difference being the base vs. parkhopper and WPF options.

But we are buying them at SOG because of timing issues and there it only lists
$156 and doesn't really have details. Can we get the Park Hopper with waterpark and more options at Shades of green with a discounted price.

I just want to be sure I have correct amount of $ and that we can get this ticket at SOG. My kids are looking forward to water park.

Also just confirming those WPF options can be used on different days then the 4 park days. J:)

The current promotion ends in September, and yes, the $184 ticket can be purchased at SoG and includes the park hopping option, as well as the water park option. Here is a link to the details of the current promotion from Cheshire Figment. The SoG ad does look deceiving, but if you click on this link, you'll see the $184 ticket listed, too.

I believe I've read that the WPF days are separate from the PH days, so you could, in theory, do 4 days at parks and 4 different days at water parks, giving you 8 days total of park/water park time. I was trying to find something somewhere to link for you, but I couldn't find anything. Hopefully Cheshire Figment will chime in here and confirm this.

ETA: You can also purchase the Military Salute tickets at any ticket window at WDW, but you will have to pay tax. You save the tax at SoG.

Thanks the SOG website is confusing....
I just wanted to be 100% sure because for my husband to take time off to get up to WestPoint would be tough.
I'd like to save the tax if possible and we bought them there last time and it worked out fine but we need the Waterparks this time!

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks the SOG website is confusing....
I just wanted to be 100% sure because for my husband to take time off to get up to WestPoint would be tough.
I'd like to save the tax if possible and we bought them there last time and it worked out fine but we need the Waterparks this time!

Appreciate your quick response.

I found a CF message that speaks to the WP&F option on the tickets! They are separate!

I found a CF message that speaks to the WP&F option on the tickets! They are separate!

For $156, you get EITHER 4 day park hoppers OR 4 day base tickets plus the WP&M option (4 entries into water parks, Disney Quest, etc). For $184 you get 4 day park hoppers AND 4 entries under WP&M.

Ticket prices are the same at any military base or SoG with no tax. You can also buy the tickets AT the gate at Disney but will incur the 6.25% tax.

Does that make it clearer?

Hope I can post this link, but Steve gives lots of details: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Disney-Armed-Forces-Salute-2012-2013.html

I'm so excited! Dh and I already had our package booked at PORS for December with a 5 day hopper and deluxe dinning. Once the military offers for the new year came out, I was able to save us $900 between the discount on the room and tickets. That's our car rental to get to florida and USF tickets. Such a huge difference from either the RO discount or the free dine (which don't fall on our dates anyways this year.) Now if he will just hurry up and get home. Cause the faster he gets home from deployment the faster we will get to WDW.

I'm so excited! Dh and I already had our package booked at PORS for December with a 5 day hopper and deluxe dinning. Once the military offers for the new year came out, I was able to save us $900 between the discount on the room and tickets. That's our car rental to get to florida and USF tickets. Such a huge difference from either the RO discount or the free dine (which don't fall on our dates anyways this year.) Now if he will just hurry up and get home. Cause the faster he gets home from deployment the faster we will get to WDW.

Congrats on DH coming home and trip.

Did you find a discount on car rental?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is there a military discount for this year for MNSSHP tickets, and if so, is it just for September dates as it has been in the past?

Is there a military discount for this year for MNSSHP tickets, and if so, is it just for September dates as it has been in the past?

From AllEars.net:

Active and Retired U.S. Military, including members of the U.S. Coast Guard and active members of National Guard or Reservists, may purchase discounted Halloween party tickets to select event nights. They may also purchase additional tickets for up to five family members or friends. Prices are $41.30 for ages 10 and up. Children ages 3-9 are $37.80 plus tax. Military staying at Shades of Green receive the same discount, but their tickets are also tax exempt.

DATES: September 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, and 27
Guest Ages 10 & Up $41.30 + tax
Guest Ages 3-9 $37.80 + tax

Discounted military tickets are available at all Vacation Planning and Guest Relations locations. (Not available at military bases, disneyworld.com or at 407-WDISNEY.)

From AllEars.net:

Active and Retired U.S. Military, including members of the U.S. Coast Guard and active members of National Guard or Reservists, may purchase discounted Halloween party tickets to select event nights. They may also purchase additional tickets for up to five family members or friends. Prices are $41.30 for ages 10 and up. Children ages 3-9 are $37.80 plus tax. Military staying at Shades of Green receive the same discount, but their tickets are also tax exempt.

DATES: September 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, and 27
Guest Ages 10 & Up $41.30 + tax
Guest Ages 3-9 $37.80 + tax

Discounted military tickets are available at all Vacation Planning and Guest Relations locations. (Not available at military bases, disneyworld.com or at 407-WDISNEY.)

*SIGH* It's always the September dates, never the October ones. Oh well.

I was thinking the same thing Oh well

I just did a search and found last year's thread. It looks like after October 1st they added a few discounted October dates until mid-month. I don't know if the tickets weren't selling as well because the FLE wasn't open yet, so I don't have my hopes up for a repeat of that this year, but you never know. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Just because I know this is going to happen to somebody....

CF, if someone has the 2013 Salute tickets in hand, but arrives, say, October 1st, can they take their 2013 tickets to the window and just pay the difference between the 2013 and 2014 tickets, plus tax?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter