Official 2012/2013 Disney Military Promotion - Updated Post #187

Officially the answer is no. However, as an exception to policy you might be able to do this, and my opinion is yes. But you would only get credit for the wholesale price of the tickets that Disney got when selling to the Military, and not the Gate price.

Okay, I don't know if this is going to be on the right thread and if it is not, please let me know. Has anyone heard of the Military tickets being able to be added to the magic bands when they finally become available? I talked to someone at SOG and she told me that they are starting to get the new RFID tickets for the 4 day tix but she doesn't know if and when they will be able to be added to the mm+ bands. Has anyone heard anything else?

We will be staying at the PORS starting on Dec 7th.

Okay, I don't know if this is going to be on the right thread and if it is not, please let me know. Has anyone heard of the Military tickets being able to be added to the magic bands when they finally become available? I talked to someone at SOG and she told me that they are starting to get the new RFID tickets for the 4 day tix but she doesn't know if and when they will be able to be added to the mm+ bands. Has anyone heard anything else?

We will be staying at the PORS starting on Dec 7th.

I would also like to know if any recent visitor has experience with this we are going in April 2014 staying at the contemporary

Right now the answer to this is nobody knows. One thing to consider is that until you activate your ticket at a WDW ticket or Guest Relations window the ticket does not exist. What you have is an exchange certificate and not a ticket, and it cannot be linked to a Magic Band. Once the certificate is redeemed and you have an actual ticket in hand, my answer would be a definite "maybe".

I've heard two positive things from within the company.

First I brought this issue up to my WDW Media relations contact a few months ago. While he still doesn't have any specifics from the big brain guys there at WDW, I did get the assurance that we will not be excluded, because of the AFS tickets, from the whole next gen stuff including FP+.

And WDW recently contacted my travel agent, who is their largest military booker, to proactively say they were aware of the situation and were trying to find a solution.

I know we all wish we knew now...

I have a trip next month, and we will be part of the magic band test at our resort. I ordered mine on MDE last night. I have a FL Seasonal Pass, but the rest of my party will be using the AFS tickets so I couldn't do FP+ for the whole party as they have no linked tickets. I'll have to wait till we are there then see if anything is left...

I've heard two positive things from within the company.

I have a trip next month, and we will be part of the magic band test at our resort. I ordered mine on MDE last night. I have a FL Seasonal Pass, but the rest of my party will be using the AFS tickets so I couldn't do FP+ for the whole party as they have no linked tickets. I'll have to wait till we are there then see if anything is left...

Well hopefully you will hear something. When I spoke to SOG (we decided to purchase them there b\/c we are national guard and the closets for is Knox about 2 hours away) and she told me that she has not yet heard anything definite yet but the new Salute tix do have the RFID chip in them so fingers crossed for our Dec trip.

We will be staying at PORS and I already have our MVMCP tix linked to our MDE so hopefully we can do the same with our other tix once we get them and get them activated.:confused3:hourglass

(sorry I just realized I repeated myself from my post above... its late and I probably shouldn't be trolling the boards right now. :) )

Just to let everyone know, we just used DLR military salute tickets back to back. I had no issues at all. Ymmv, but I was only asked to see ID once in the six days we used our tickets. Only once did a CM ask who the military member was. When I said my spouse, she said to say thank you to my spouse (spouse was not on vacation with us) and then thanked me too for my service. We had our pictures taken the 2nd day of the first three days, and on the first day of the second three days. Also, all six of the salute tickets I got from North Island were etickets and had my name on them. At the ticket entry, they took the paper etickets and gave us another ticket that you use for entry and fast pass. Those tickets also all had my name on them. So as to not mix up our tickets, the CM at the gate gave us a pen to cross out my name, and my kids each wrote their first name on the ticket.

We returned 3 weeks ago and when we exchanged our tickets we did get the same tickets all others receive., so I know we will be able to link are tickets once we get there. (BTW... Just got email to be selected for Magic Bands)....
So my question is.... Are there at limited amount of fast passes per day for everyone to choose from?? We won't be able to link them until we arrive in October. If are tickets are linked before the verification date, we will still receive the bands??
Really excited to be able to test this out...but don't wanna miss out on the experience either...

Thanks for your help!

We returned 3 weeks ago and when we exchanged our tickets we did get the same tickets all others receive., so I know we will be able to link are tickets once we get there. (BTW... Just got email to be selected for Magic Bands)....
So my question is.... Are there at limited amount of fast passes per day for everyone to choose from?? We won't be able to link them until we arrive in October. If are tickets are linked before the verification date, we will still receive the bands??
Really excited to be able to test this out...but don't wanna miss out on the experience either...

Thanks for your help!

Hi kramerzoo,

We'll be testing the magic bands on our next vacation at the end of the month. I already have the bands. They are resort dependent not tickets.

I have a FL Seasonal Pass linked to my MDE account and those going with me will be using Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets, which 1. are not available on base yet, 2. even if they were they are not the tickets (ticket numbers) they'll use in the parks due to the ticket exchange at activation.

So like you I have to wait till on property to link them in MDE.

I was able to browse FP+ for our vacation for me, they were greyed out as they have no tickets linked about 3 weeks ago as soon as our resort came out on the test list. I tried for our first day at Epcot and requested Soarin, Test Track, and Mission Space. At that point 7 weeks out the return times were all late in the day (earlier ones gone!) 3:40, 4:45, & 6:20. By the time I get there there wont be any left.

I've made Disney aware of this as has my travel agent friend. They have no solution yet.

Remember they are still in beta testing, they are just trying to get the basics going, let alone worry about us...

Steve

Hi kramerzoo,

We'll be testing the magic bands on our next vacation at the end of the month. I already have the bands. They are resort dependent not tickets.

I have a FL Seasonal Pass linked to my MDE account and those going with me will be using Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets, which 1. are not available on base yet, 2. even if they were they are not the tickets (ticket numbers) they'll use in the parks due to the ticket exchange at activation.

So like you I have to wait till on property to link them in MDE.

I was able to browse FP+ for our vacation for me, they were greyed out as they have no tickets linked about 3 weeks ago as soon as our resort came out on the test list. I tried for our first day at Epcot and requested Soarin, Test Track, and Mission Space. At that point 7 weeks out the return times were all late in the day (earlier ones gone!) 3:40, 4:45, & 6:20. By the time I get there there wont be any left.

I've made Disney aware of this as has my travel agent friend. They have no solution yet.

Remember they are still in beta testing, they are just trying to get the basics going, let alone worry about us...

Steve

Great! Thanks Steve!
I was more concerned cuz the email states that all 5 steps including linking tickets need to be completed prior to Sept 24...we leave October 4. So I'm thinking that we'll still get them and link our tickets once we get them...
Is my thinking correct?

Great! Thanks Steve!
I was more concerned cuz the email states that all 5 steps including linking tickets need to be completed prior to Sept 24...we leave October 4. So I'm thinking that we'll still get them and link our tickets once we get them...
Is my thinking correct?

ooh, well I did have my pass linked already in MDE. You could try calling the call center to ask, but I'm always leery of any "facts" they give out. Heard too many horror stories.

An option might be to buy a 1 day MYW ticket on base and link it. Then once there use it towards your AFS tickets direct from WDW. Just a thought to have a ticket linked in MDE as I did. IDK

I'm leaving the day you arrive.

So I was wondering about this...

We leave in 15 days and with ToT 10 miler and MNNSHP, we are probably going to be using the rest of our days during PHM weekend in Feb. so I was wondering so that we can participate in the FP+ option, when we redeem our vouchers, could we ask for 2 separate cards...one with 2 days and another with 2 days.

Just a thought...but if they really want a good feel for accommodating everyone maybe they would allow us to do that so we could evaluate the MB program... :) "praying,,,"

You can't alter the military tickets in ANY way-- but you can use 2 days now and 2 in February without any problem, the tickets are good from Oct. 2013-Sept 30, 2014. There's no 14 day expiration date once you start using them. On each trip, you'll be able to pick FP+, depending on how they change the program once they actually implement it.

We just returned and wanted to share that we were able to link the armed forces salute tickets to our bands with no problem. We purchased the tickets and then immediately linked them using MDE on our phone. We were able to utilize Fastpass + for our entire stay. We loved the new technology and the bands and had no issues at all.

We just returned and wanted to share that we were able to link the armed forces salute tickets to our bands with no problem. We purchased the tickets and then immediately linked them using MDE on our phone. We were able to utilize Fastpass + for our entire stay. We loved the new technology and the bands and had no issues at all.

What kind of return times did you get reserving them so late? Were they all the end of the day?

What kind of return times did you get reserving them so late? Were they all the end of the day?

We were able to get everything we wanted, including Toy Story Mania 9am-10am! We overheard people making Fastpass + selections on the bus to the parks in the morning and they were able to secure good times as well.
On our HS day we were also able to get the "real" fast passes using the actual ticket for TSM so we had two sets of fast passes!

We were able to get everything we wanted, including Toy Story Mania 9am-10am! We overheard people making Fastpass + selections on the bus to the parks in the morning and they were able to secure good times as well.
On our HS day we were also able to get the "real" fast passes using the actual ticket for TSM so we had two sets of fast passes!

Awesome thanks, we'll be using ours soon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter