Official 2012 Princess Half Marathon Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not officially in yet, but I'm really thinking about doing this next year! I'm going to start the Couch to 5K program as soon as it gets a little nicer outside (no treadmill for me :confused3) and if I can make it through that, I'd like to do the Wine and Dine 5K in October, and then maybe I can work my way up to the half marathon!

I am hoping to do it again next year - just want to train more this time and hopefully be able to relax and get some pics this time around! Haven't committed 100% yet but am going to pretend like I am to keep myself motivated!

ALso - wanted to say hi to newfie mom - where in Newfoundland do you live? My hubby and I traveled there (and Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI) in 2000 and absolutely FELL IN LOVE with your amazing province - have been trying to figure out a way to move there someday! It is such an amazingly beautiful place with such wonderful people. We stayed in St. John's and then drove west across to the other side - almost hit a moose and loved every minute of it! We will probably never really move there but are hoping to come back some day and bring our kids so they can experience it, too!

I'm planning on participating. Just have to figure out if we will have enough money for a big vacation out of it or just a short trip for the race. I will be a solo participant with my husband cheering me on from the sidelines.

I had to sit out for 2011 because of an injury but will definitely be in for 2012 with my Mom this time!! I wonder what color stone 2012 will have? This year seemed to follow the Princess and the Frog...maybe next year will be Tangled?

I'm in!!
At this point I'm a solo walker/runner. Not sure if DS14 will be joining me.

I've just wrapped up week 3 on C25K. I have my first 5K at WDW in May, and I hope to make the October 5K there as well.

Count me in. My "sister" encouraged me to do it. I started training in Sept 2010.We are doing several 5 and 10k events as part of our training. We have great shirts I made on Zazzle that helps to keep us motivated.:cheer2:

I'll be there! I've talked two of my sisters into doing it.
We all are very excited. They loved all the pictures I took while doing the run.
I had so much fun!:cool1:

Just bought a Garmin 205 tonight and will try it out tomorrow! Ive heard good things about it, here's hopin'.....

Count me in! Right now it is just me traveling but I'm trying to recruit a few friends (and/or my sister too). I'm on week 6 of c25k tomorrow and am trying to decide if I want to start on the Galloway program next or do the bridge to 10k in between? Anyone have any advice or experience?
Thanks!
Molly

Molly,

I am starting week 9 of the C25k tomorrow and have decided to combine that week with week 1 of the Galloway's 1/2 training program. My first 1/2 marathon is scheduled for July 17th, so his 21 week 1/2 plan fits perfectly with my training calendar. If you have more time, the bridge to 10k would work too.

Just bought a Garmin 205 tonight and will try it out tomorrow! Ive heard good things about it, here's hopin'.....

Michele,

I just got the Garmin 305 this week and I love it. I used it twice so far. As a new runner, I wasn't sure how to track how far I was running, but this works perfect. I am going to buy the 205 for my DD for her birthday. Makes training so much easier!

Let us know us how you like it!

Count me in! The last two years I've planned for the race, trained for the race - and when it came down to registering, my DH would balk at the cost and say no. Little does he know, I've already got enough saved for the race fee and a room at a value - HA HA! I *will* be there in 2012 - he's not going to make me back out again!

I'm moving over from the other board. :) I'm in...well, thats the plan anyway. I'm only up to 3 miles right now but think I can do it!!

Another from the other thread! DH and I are definitely in for next year! Thinking it will be our first adult only trip.

I'm on week 3 of c25k, just did my first "magic mile" @ 12 minutes exactly-lots of time to improve that! We are running our first 5k on March 20th (my birthday!) with SIL & BIL. I'm really nervous!

Another from the other thread! DH and I are definitely in for next year! Thinking it will be our first adult only trip.

I'm on week 3 of c25k, just did my first "magic mile" @ 12 minutes exactly-lots of time to improve that! We are running our first 5k on March 20th (my birthday!) with SIL & BIL. I'm really nervous!

Nice job!

I'm in again for next year! I'm going to try the whole costume thing too. I saw so many cute outfits, and I hardly saw anything tossed to the side of the road.
This years princess started my path to become a 1/2 fanatic. I have 2 more races to run in the next 2 months to become official. I'm totally addicted!

Question for those of you who ran in the first 2 princess races. Were the host resorts the same in previous races as they were this year? We want to book our room later this month when we get to the 11 month DVC window. If the host resorts stay the same, the only 2 official host dvc resorts would be OKW, and AKV. Has that been the case in the past?

After experiencing this year's Princess 1/2 I will be back! It was my first half ever and it was magical. DH will run again as well. I am looking forward to being part of the excitment with you all. I too am addicted to the halfs...DH and I are running one in 4 weeks.:scared1:

Count me in! The last two years I've planned for the race, trained for the race - and when it came down to registering, my DH would balk at the cost and say no. Little does he know, I've already got enough saved for the race fee and a room at a value - HA HA! I *will* be there in 2012 - he's not going to make me back out again!

I have a change jar that I have been saving since the 2010 race. I always put the kids, my hubby even the dog ahead of me. This is the first time that I want to do something for me. I am a newbie at this running thing but I just want to do something for ME. Anyway, I am glad to see all of you here and hope to get to know all of you over the next 11 months!!

I'm definitely in! My BFF and I ran this year's Princess Half and were blown away by what an amazing time it was and how good we felt about ourselves when we finished! We decided that we're going to do this every year from now on. I can hardly wait for next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter