"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

I have 2 party tickets that show up in the MDE account. Is it safe to scan my magic band when I enter? I am worried about a full day theme park admission being deducted instead of the party ticket! I'd still like to use the magic band for Memory Maker if possible.
I was wondering the same things...I have mine linked to MDE so I don't have hard tickets.

Okay y'all I've set up a Twitter account specifically to tweet my upcoming MNSSHP trip this weekend. I'm looking forward to the party and the experience! Can't wait for more details from tonight's sold out party.

I've seen a couple touring plans so here's my game plan. Keep in mind I'm solo, able bodied adult.

I have an 8:15 BOG ADR for the breakfast, then 7DMT at park opening. I have FP's for the three Mountains in succession for my day. Planning to head back to the condo after noon to rest and dress for the party.

I'm attending as Alice.

My priorities are:
#1 Jack & Sally. I will get in line for them at 5 pm. Yes, really.
#2 Alice & krewe.
#3 Winnie the Pooh and gang. (I have a special thing for Eeyore.)
#3 The Haunted Mansion to see the special CM's.

I will hope to catch the Headless Horseman's ride but have no intention of scouting a spot for the parade; I will see what I can see whilst wandering about.

I will find a reasonable space to see Hallowishes in the vicinity of Tomorrowland.

I will not be doing the candy trails but am willing to report in on lines thereof.

Any rides are gravy to my night. I'm there for the "experience" and the special characters. I'm going to stay as spontaneous as I can after I meet my character list.
I just followed you! I set up a special Disney twitter for myself about a month ago. I am @DisneyCelia. My trip isn't until 10/21-10/26 but will follow you this weekend!

At MNSSHP 9/22. 11:07pm. Sold out crowd. Bands were pretty strictly enforced early on. So that's an improvement. Even with a sold out event, the crowds have not been unmanageable. Worst we have encountered is 7 Dwarves meet and greet. It is still an hour wait after 11pm.

I would definitely do it again. After all the horror stories, I was not looking forward to it.

When we went to the party in 2013, I thought I had found suggested touring plans for the party on a couple sites (KtP, easywdw). I don't see anything like that on their sites this year. Are there any sites that still make these "plans"?

I asked a photopass photographer on Main Street about the Magic Cauldron shots and was told they only do them between the headless horseman riding and the parade coming through. That way the street is empty enough for the "magic" to work. I did not get one so I'm not sure of the accuracy but thought I'd share for those wanting it.

we got in line for Minnie, Donald and Daisy at 6:20 and were 5th in line. Sat, ate dinner (packed sandwiches) and rested after runnin around to get as much done as possible in the tiny 4-6 window. It worked out nice to not waste much party time while getting a meal in. Seeing the line when we were done, I'm very glad we lined up early!

We were at the sold out party tonight and it wasn't bad at all compared to the opening night stories I read. We arrived at 4 to make use of our park time with 3 young kids. Met talking Mickey, rode Jungle Cruise, BTMRR, and HM with FPs, Flying carpets in there too somewhere. At this time it was almost 7 so we tried to grab a quick bite at Pecos Bill's, but nothing is quick for us with the kids. So shortly before 8 my friend and I got in line for Jack Sparrow, DH and ODS went to gather candy and ride rides. The wait was a little more than an hour but we had fun and the littles slept in the stroller. Then more BTMRR and saw Hallowishes from the exit, ghost magic shot, Hocus Pocus show, photo pass in front of the castle. I got a party pin, they had plenty, saw the headless horseman but left as the kids were just done.
We enjoyed it. It wasn't overly crowded, I loved seeing the guests in costume. I wouldn't do it again with my kids at this age, but other kiddos appeared fine so late. I know we missed the parade but I'm ok with that.
We went to a few trick or treat trails without long waits and maybe a full bag all together, but we only invested about 5 minutes towards this all together. There was so much we would have liked to do, just not enough to time. Most of all I wish we would have eaten before coming as we originally planned. Oh well, this has been a trip of lessons. Hope everyone enjoys their parties!

Just got home from tonight's party. I stayed for the 2nd parade and the very last Hocus Pocus show, even though I was half asleep. It was definitely better than last Tuesday despite being another sold-out night. I made this comment to a CM and he replied that last Tuesday was "a trial."

I didn't do any characters, I rode Space, Big Thunder, and the Peoplemover once each, and I got a full bag of candy. That plus the fireworks, parade, and show was a pretty good night for me. And now I'm going to bed, because I haven't stayed up this late in MONTHS!

Hi all!

I have been following this thread with interest and I have some questions. It's our first MNSSHP and we are coming in from a hotel on I-Drive via a cab, probably to the TTC before taking the ferry over to MK for 3:30-ish.

I have two tickets for the November 1st party. I have managed to get three FP+s for between 4 and 6:30 but I don't know how I'm going to make them work as we don't plan on using a MagicBand and I only have print outs of the MNSSHP tickets (as we're in the UK).

We have MagicBands linked to our MDE as we were at WDW last year but I don't want to scan them as we will be staying at CBR later in our trip and I want our 10-day park hopper tickets to start during that stay and not sooner. Am I making sense?!?

Anyway, how do I get my FP+s if I have no MagicBand? Should I get into the park using the printed ticket for MNSSHP and then use the MagicBand inside the park for FP+ and MM?

Also, our priorities are Hallowishes, at least one show and a parade, meeting Minnie (she's my fave), lots of Trick or Treating (never been Trick or Treating before) and a ride or two on Haunted Mansion. Maybe meeting the dwarves but we might save this for MVMCP later in our trip. Is this realistic?

Many thanks!

Hi all!

I have been following this thread with interest and I have some questions. It's our first MNSSHP and we are coming in from a hotel on I-Drive via a cab, probably to the TTC before taking the ferry over to MK for 3:30-ish.

I have two tickets for the November 1st party. I have managed to get three FP+s for between 4 and 6:30 but I don't know how I'm going to make them work as we don't plan on using a MagicBand and I only have print outs of the MNSSHP tickets (as we're in the UK).

We have MagicBands linked to our MDE as we were at WDW last year but I don't want to scan them as we will be staying at CBR later in our trip and I want our 10-day park hopper tickets to start during that stay and not sooner. Am I making sense?!?

Anyway, how do I get my FP+s if I have no MagicBand? Should I get into the park using the printed ticket for MNSSHP and then use the MagicBand inside the park for FP+ and MM?

Also, our priorities are Hallowishes, at least one show and a parade, meeting Minnie (she's my fave), lots of Trick or Treating (never been Trick or Treating before) and a ride or two on Haunted Mansion. Maybe meeting the dwarves but we might save this for MVMCP later in our trip. Is this realistic?

Many thanks!

I should have also asked if I can get my party wrist band at the TTC or turn-styles? We've always already been inside the park on MVMCP nights.

Thanks!

No, but it keeps popping up in my Pinterest feed.
I don't know anything about the Magnetic Running Buddy but I had to lol about it popping up in your Pinterest feed. If your Pinterest is anything like mine, it mostly contains recipes.......how funny to have something pop up regarding fitness ;)

I asked a photopass photographer on Main Street about the Magic Cauldron shots and was told they only do them between the headless horseman riding and the parade coming through. That way the street is empty enough for the "magic" to work. I did not get one so I'm not sure of the accuracy but thought I'd share for those wanting it.
I think this makes total sense.....the timing would be pretty crucial, wouldn't it? It's only the two of us so if we were staking out real estate on the curb for the parade then we would have to bribe people next to us on the curb to save our seats while we did this photo!

Many thanks!
I think in order to make your MNSSHP run efficiently I would wait and do the dwarfs during MVMCP. How lucky you are to be able to do both parties in one trip! Since we did the dwarfs during our MVMCP in 2012 I don't feel too pressured to do them this year during the Halloween Party...although dh is a little sad!

Hi all!

Many thanks!

You don't get in with the printout. They will exchange that for hard ticket media before you're allowed through the park entrance. Since you're going to the TTC anyway, I'd just do it at the ticket window there rather than doing it at the MK.

I am seriously considering a second party now......our first party is Oct 1 which is a week from tomorrow! After looking at all of the logistics we'd only be missing Ragland Road for dinner (which is a bummer). This frees up a Table Service credit which enables us to not have to pay out of pocket for a later ADR. This saves us about $125 total (tip plus a little extra at Ragland Road and another TS meal)......do you see what I just did? I rationalized a second party. Now, let's see if dh will see it this way, lol!:rolleyes1

Someone talk me out of this........the party is in my shopping cart.

I am seriously considering a second party now......our first party is Oct 1 which is a week from tomorrow! After looking at all of the logistics we'd only be missing Ragland Road for dinner (which is a bummer). This frees up a Table Service credit which enables us to not have to pay out of pocket for a later ADR. This saves us about $125 total (tip plus a little extra at Ragland Road and another TS meal)......do you see what I just did? I rationalized a second party. Now, let's see if dh will see it this way, lol!:rolleyes1

I did the same thing yesterday. I ended up buying tickets for a second party. I figured that way maybe we will get to do everything we want and do not have to rush as much. I say do it!! :flower:

We are attending the party on Oct. 15 - so excited! We have been many times in the past, however, this is our first time taking a child under 3. (He actually turns 3 the day we get home.) Will he get a party wristband even though he doesn't have a ticket? (We received paper tickets in the mail.) If not, will he be questioned repeatedly by CMs asking to see his wristband?

I'm not going to talk you out of it...I just had to tell you that your post this morning...MADE ME SMILE AND LAUGH OUT LOUD!! Doing the Disney Math! I love it!
P.S.---enjoy those parties!!! :rotfl2:

Just got home from tonight's party. I stayed for the 2nd parade and the very last Hocus Pocus show, even though I was half asleep. It was definitely better than last Tuesday despite being another sold-out night. I made this comment to a CM and he replied that last Tuesday was "a trial."

Sigh. I'm so happy the party that I paid for was a 'trial' Disney better shut up their employees saying this or us first party people are going to get even more mad.

For those who attended after the 1st night (wherein reports of at least half the guests NOT having wristbands = overcrowding)...

did you notice many w/o the bands or whether the CMs were making an effort to check @ lines/parade routes, etc.?

We do the party every year & really enjoy it. This year, waiting for final confirmation we can extend our vacation to work in a party on 10/12 or 10/13. I was starting to 2nd guess attending after the early dismal reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter