"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Hm, got my costume (Yuffie) ordered. Now, while I wait, I was thinking of making a shuriken to go with it. My party is going to be mere hours after I arrive in Orlando so I won't be able to put it in my checked luggage, if I do it. That leaves me either the option of not doing a prop, doing one as a sort of overly-stuffed plush (I haven't sewn anything since sixth grade) or foam/insulation foam/wood that I can assemble. I'd be more comfortable with insulation foam as I've worked with it before but...then TSA may have more of a fit over it and it'd be easier to break from bumping into crowds and going on rides...

Oh boy, guess I'll attempt to sew once my finger blisters heal.

I was scanning through pictures on Twitter/Instagram, and I think these two are helpful for expectation setting. Main Street will look like this pretty much the entire evening of the parties, regardless of whether a party sells out. We've been to sold out and non-sold out parties in the past, and Main Street has always looked like this. So just be prepared.

CP8pkS9XAAAV3GO.jpg

CP8iINzUsAAZO80.jpg

If you already have tickets for the party on one day but want to switch to a different day...is this allowed?

If you already have tickets for the party on one day but want to switch to a different day...is this allowed?

You can call Disney and plead your case, it's up to them. Some have done this successfully, some have not.

Been lurking on this thread for awhile. Thanks to everyone for all of the info! Hoping for some dry nights for future parties...

I was scanning through pictures on Twitter/Instagram, and I think these two are helpful for expectation setting. Main Street will look like this pretty much the entire evening of the parties, regardless of whether a party sells out. We've been to sold out and non-sold out parties in the past, and Main Street has always looked like this. So just be prepared.

CP8pkS9XAAAV3GO.jpg

CP8iINzUsAAZO80.jpg

I think its important to remember though, that those people are moving. Its not stand-still grid lock (except for maybe during the parade). So while it looks bad, its really not that bad at all. If thats all I have to worry about, we're in good shape. I remember going to Disney in June/July/August and haven't found anything that beats the summer months yet.

I'm getting so excited. My daughter and I have decided to make a last minute stop before our cruise just to attend MNSSHP on 10/8. My mom has decided to go with us too.

Spent this weekend getting our costumes together. We are going as Peter Pan characters. DD is Tinkerbell I am Wendy and Dmom is Peter Pan. I thought it would be difficult to get costumes together but it's surprisingly coming together. I think it will make it that much more fun for us.

Is it possible to see both Jack and Sally and the 7 dwarfs? We plan to be there by 3:45. We hope to see tinkerbell and Mickey, ride Peter Pan with FP+ and be in line for one of them about 5-5:30 ish and then see the other during the first parade. Is this going to be possible?

If all, and I mean ALL you wanted to do was meet those 2 sets of characters, it's possible if you lined up for one around 5pm. But, that is literally all you could likely do. That, and maybe catch the 12am Hocus Pocus.

Your night will sell out.

That was a fun party! It didn't feel like a sold out crowd to us.

It's amazing how people can have such varying experiences at the same party. It definitely felt like a sellout to us! But we attended a party last year on a Sunday in September and it was not nearly as crowded. We walked on all rides, trick or treating was quick and easy, and we walked up to the parade and fireworks just as they were starting and got great spots. Tonight - not so much! We still rode some rides but we felt like we didn't get nearly as much accomplished. We did one ToT line and it took forever only to get a measly amount of candy compared to last year so we abandoned that idea. We staked out parade and fireworks spots 30min in advance, and felt squashed like sardines, especially for the parade. The only character we wanted to meet was Jack Sparrow and although we booked it to him right after the parade passed Frontierland, the line was already much longer than it was last year around the same time. So we skipped him for the second year in a row. Don't get me wrong, we certainly had fun, but it was sort of a letdown compared to last year, and I highly doubt we will go again. They need to either reduce the amount of tickets sold for each party or start the parties at the beginning of September like they did last year.

Despite the rain and crowds we had fun tonight. Just got in! We saw the parade, fireworks, HP show, rode lots of rides, danced with the monsters, and got a little candy. But we had to work hard to get all those done... And we didn't get any character meets during the party. Most characters were just not out when we tried due to the rain so we moved on. We did get the magic shot in front of the HM, but didn't see story teller.

Last edited:
Despite the rain and crowds we had fun tonight. Just got in! We saw the parade, fireworks, HP show, rode lots of rides, danced with the monsters, and got a little candy. But we had to work hard to get all those done... And we didn't get any character meets during the party. Most characters were just not out when we tried due to the rain so we moved on. We did get the magic shot in front of the HM, but didn't see story teller.
Since the last 2 parties experienced rain can anyone confirm rain locations for the characters? So far Tarzan moved to Island Supply and Minnie and the ducks by the railroad. Wondering about the dwarfs, old hag, cruella and pooh's gang?

Since the last 2 parties experienced rain can anyone confirm rain locations for the characters? So far Tarzan moved to Island Supply and Minnie and the ducks by the railroad. Wondering about the dwarfs, old hag, cruella and pooh's gang?
Most of them just close up shop and don't meet at all during the rain.

So now that there have been a few sell out parties, how long does it take to do the trick or treating on a sell-out night? We're going 10/29 and planning the dessert party that night too. I'm trying to figure out if we should do the trick or treating before or after the dessert party. Or maybe both???

So now that there have been a few sell out parties, how long does it take to do the trick or treating on a sell-out night? We're going 10/29 and planning the dessert party that night too. I'm trying to figure out if we should do the trick or treating before or after the dessert party. Or maybe both???

We went to both of the first two parties (two completely different experiences ;) ). Each time we found the trick or treating to be much better the later the night went on. Unless you happen to walk by a line that you can get though in just a couple of minutes (does happen) I would wait until after 9:30 to start. The lines should def thin out by then. Other than that, I don't think it's worth waiting in line for.

We were there last night...it poured buckets a couple times. We ended up buying ponchos, and spending time huddling under cover.
We didn't too much for our first party, and I thought the candy lines were ridiculous. Not too many lines for rides, and we rode a few. We did get momentarily stuck on Pooh and Peoplemover. Only caught part of the fireworks, but they were great! Had a good spot for the parade, but I think the other shows and events were cancelled. We never did get to see Hocus Pocus. I am surprised that people were requesting refunds....I was under the impression that parties occur rain or shine - and you take your chance :)
We had fun making our costumes and dressing up, but not sure if I'd do another party, or at least not until my kids are grown! :)

You're probably right. I definitely don't want to waste time standing in line. I'll pick one line to stand in and then play the other by ear. I was just curious to see if anyone has been able to do both. The way the parties are selling out I doubt it has been possible. We will be at a party most likely to sell out.

I agree with the PP. I think it's possible but you'd eat up so much time. Last year I did Jack Skellington at MVMCP & waited 1 hour 15 mins and I got in line at 6pm (he came out early or I would have been there even longer). A few years ago we did the 7 dwarfs and waited about 1 hour again getting in line about 6:15. Since the party starts at 7 I always try to get near the front of the line so I'm done with the "one big wait" by 7:15 or so and can enjoy the party. I wouldn't want to do both in one night.

I wouldn't hold our a lot of hope on seeing J&Sally AND the Dwarfs in one party. I suppose it is possible but that would also mean you would probably be spending all of your time in the lines for those 2 M&Gs. I could be wrong, though.

I was able to do both last night. I got in line for Jack and Sally at 4:20, they came out at 5, I was done by 5:15. Went over to 7D immediately after and had the rain stayed away, I would have been done by 7. But the torrential downpour meant they came out an hour late and I was done at 8.

Tarzan and Jafar both are at Island Supply.

Minnie/Daisy/Donald/Goofy are by the railroad on the left side of the bathrooms (when looking at them), and Cruella is on the right.

7D move over to the Friars Nook. Not sure about the hag. Pooh's area is covered already and when I went by they were there.

Jack Sparrow is at Tortuga Tavern.

Is the only time Jack Sparrow meets right after the parade?

No, he meets throughout the night, generally starting his first set fashionably late around 7:20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter