• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

What are the costume rules regarding skin showing? My boyfriend's still trying to think of characters and decided on a shirtless character from Tekken.

What are the costume rules regarding skin showing? My boyfriend's still trying to think of characters and decided on a shirtless character from Tekken.

The park policy is that shirts and shoes must be worn. The costume policy for Not-So-Scary makes no mention of this being different for the parties.

The park policy is that shirts and shoes must be worn. The costume policy for Not-So-Scary makes no mention of this being different for the parties.

Perhaps a long sleeve / t-shirt in a flesh colour would be a suitable compromise? as per the previous poster, I really wouldn't risk going shirtless; its still WDW after all.

Another quick question ... can anyone recommend an alternative viewing location for the fireworks? I don't want my son with autism to have to cope with the crazy crowds on Main Street. We don't care about watching from the front of the castle ... I think last year we went somewhere near the Belle attraction. But I'm wondering if there is a better place.

Also, some places sell nylon skin tone "tops" for theatre stuff that way your still wearing a shirt but its not noticable.

Another quick question ... can anyone recommend an alternative viewing location for the fireworks? I don't want my son with autism to have to cope with the crazy crowds on Main Street. We don't care about watching from the front of the castle ... I think last year we went somewhere near the Belle attraction. But I'm wondering if there is a better place.
We've enjoyed an out of the way different view of the fireworks standing on the bridge in frontierland towards splash/big thunder. Not sure anymore with all the reports this year that the frontierland secret seems to be out...

Well we went on Friday too. The rain made the party seemed not-so-festive but we made the best of it. We got in Cruella's line at 6:30, 4th party in line. Aaand then the lightning and thunder came so all outside characters were down. :sad2: So at 7:30 we gave up and started getting candy. I never liked Hocus Pocus :rolleyes1 so I wasn't worried about the stage show personally. But I got to see the fireworks and 2nd parade. Got a spot in front of Heritage House right in front about 20 minutes prior. We did go back to Cruella but we waited almost an hour. :sad2: It was a good interaction which I think made the line go slower. But she's one I've never met before so it was okay. We then did Pooh & the gang right after fireworks, about a 20 minute wait. We also found the witch from Snow White in Liberty Square before the 2nd parade. No wait! Walked right up, which I was happy about because I've never seen her before. Tiana's line also had no wait at the time. We stayed till 12 with our umbrellas in tow. We bought the poisoned apple cup, the AP pin, the Halloween sugar cookie ice cream sandwich, and a mummy cake pop. Tons of candy. We were also the first ones of the night to get the SotMK card right at 4pm in Liberty Square. I put some pictures up on my Instagram account, xxliz28xx, if anyone's interested. All and all about C- for the day. Totally the rain's fault.

and Sunday Sept. 27th just sold out....wow!

Anyone else think Friday's bad weather contributed to people trying for another night? (I secretly suspect if people complained, they may have been comped tickets to tonight's party rather than getting a refund.)

Anyone else think Friday's bad weather contributed to people trying for another night? (I secretly suspect if people complained, they may have been comped tickets to tonight's party rather than getting a refund.)
Hadn't thought of that, but quite possible!

I would never consider complaining about the weather to the point of asking for a free ticket to return! I purposely bought tickets for 2 parties just in case the weather is bad for one of them....

If he can handle the loud noise, anywhere from behind the carousel to Gaston ' s is great because fireworks explode all around you and it's usually not crowded. However, if noise is also an issue, from on top of the train station is pretty quiet in comparison. We use to have to avoid fireworks all together for ds. Now he lives them!

At this point, I have nothing to wear except SWW clothes, but I'm excited and gearing up for tonight's sold out party! ! Been to many sold out parties in past years. They are still fun, but requires a change in mindset. We are going to take our time and see what we get a chance to see.

It's suppose to be around 90 degrees so temps are up which usually means people's tempers are quick to flare. We are not going to be one of those type of party goers. We already know a sold out party and heat don't make for the best conditions, so we are going to make the best of it and have the best time ever. We're going on hunt of the little things. The things people usually pass up in a hurry or frenzy to get from one place to another. I'll try to report back as I find those little things.

I would never consider complaining about the weather to the point of asking for a free ticket to return! I purposely bought tickets for 2 parties just in case the weather is bad for one of them....

I didn't mean to suggest people were complaining with this outcome in mind. I just wondered if there were enough who were complaining, where Guest Services began offering, "Would you like to go to Sunday's party?", which could contribute to a sell out. Alternately, maybe some folks decided to take their chances and bought tickets for tonight given Friday's poor weather.

Either way it was just me speculating. Personally we always buy tickets for 2 parties since it can't all be done in 1 night. We've not even thought what our backup plans would be if 1 of the 2 parties was like this past Friday's!

So here's hoping Disney magic can keep significant rain away from most (or all) of the remaining parties!! :tinker:

Did you meet them? If so, what time did you get in line and how long did you wait? Thanks.
We got in line at 5:00 - there was already 3 rows of people in line. Jack and Sally came out around 5:30 and we saw them around 6:15. They took a 15 min break right when we got to the front of the line :(
Captain Jack Sparrow was a different story, he came out fashionably late around 7:20.

Has anyone waited on line for the 7 Dwarfs? What time did you get on line and how long did you have to wait? I could be at MK by 6:00, any idea how long the line will be by then?
We got in line a little after 5 at The 9/25 party. They came out at 645. We met them before 7, right before they went back in because of the rain.

image.jpeg

I think the secret is out about September having been low crowds and free dining was so limited in October, I bet a lot of people just picked sept to go. I know so many people down there right now it's not even funny. we don't even have off school around here.
We were here 9/23-27. Parks were very crowded. VERY different than what we've experienced the past 2 years (same dates). There was a line for the People Mover...we will be giving up on September - if there are going to be crowds and the Halloween party is not going to be fun, may as well just go some other time of the year when it's not a sauna outside!

I didn't mean to suggest people were complaining with this outcome in mind. I just wondered if there were enough who were complaining, where Guest Services began offering, "Would you like to go to Sunday's party?", which could contribute to a sell out. Alternately, maybe some folks decided to take their chances and bought tickets for tonight given Friday's poor weather.

Either way it was just me speculating. Personally we always buy tickets for 2 parties since it can't all be done in 1 night. We've not even thought what our backup plans would be if 1 of the 2 parties was like this past Friday's!

So here's hoping Disney magic can keep significant rain away from most (or all) of the remaining parties!! :tinker:
I think your speculation is valid...we usually do 2 parties a year. In 2013, the first one started out raining and apparently many people were able to change their tickets to the next party (several people told us and we overheard from many others) - rumor was (from CMs we spoke to) that's why the next party sold out. Neither was like the 9/25 party we went to this week, though. Glad we didn't get tickets to 2 parties this year. I plan to take at least few years off from the Halloween party after the one I went to this year...

You might be in minority (I'm there with you!) I overheard SO MANY people DETERMINED to get a refund Friday night. Disney cannot control the weather, people...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter