Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

If anyone is still looking for the 10k, Acclaim has bibs with no requirement for tickets or hotel stay. The price is a bit higher, but includes Active fees and a cancellation option. I just registered DW who was upset she was going to miss out on Monsters by doing only the 5k. Hopefully Mike Wazowski shows up on the medal now!

Mom and I are in for the 10K!! Ended up getting bibs through Acclaim. Excited for the Monsters Inc theme! The 2016 DL Half was so much fun! (Truth be told, I prefer that DL Half course to the WDW Half course from January.) Am always looking for an excuse to get back to CA. It will be mom's first time to DL too! :)

When do we think we'll be seeing the medals released? Last year we didn't medals until August. Shouldn't we be due around April/May so we can see them at either Dark Side or Tink?

The Tink medals were at Princess and were GORGEOUS. I love the redesign they've been doing this year.

I have a question. We registered through a TA for the 10K, but they didn't ask for shirt sizes or pace times. Should I be worried? I'm honestly more worried about shirt sizes than I am about corral placement.

ETA: Never mind. I guess I missed an email. Geesh! I'm terrible about things like that.

When do we think we'll be seeing the medals released? Last year we didn't medals until August. Shouldn't we be due around April/May so we can see them at either Dark Side or Tink?

The Tink medals were at Princess and were GORGEOUS. I love the redesign they've been doing this year.

I think we should see them at Tink this year, especially if the Half and Double Dare don't sell out before then. When they released the Tink medals it totally drove some people posting online to register. Can't wait to see what they do with Pixar themed medals.

My family is signed up for this race-my 12yo and I for the 10k, dh and my 9yo for the 5k and my 6yo for the kids race.

I would love some advice on hotels. I think finances are going to dictate we stay offsite. We aren't going to have a car and we will be there Tuesday through Sunday. Would you rather stay on Harbor for ease of access on park days or stay on the other side to make the walk to the race shorter?

My family is signed up for this race-my 12yo and I for the 10k, dh and my 9yo for the 5k and my 6yo for the kids race.

I would love some advice on hotels. I think finances are going to dictate we stay offsite. We aren't going to have a car and we will be there Tuesday through Sunday. Would you rather stay on Harbor for ease of access on park days or stay on the other side to make the walk to the race shorter?

I usually stay next to the convention center or at the Super 8 on Katella next to Gardenwalk. Both are easy walks to the park.
Hotel Menage isnt bad and I have heard great things from Tropicanna on Harbor.

If you need a bigger space, most of the ones (Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites) on Harbor offer the shuttle to the parks or have close access to the ART.

I stayed at Candy Cane Inn for Super Heroes last year and it worked out for my needs. It was a little bit longer walk than I had wanted but during the day, they have a shuttle that we definitely took advantage of. I was a little bit nervous that I would be the only one walking from there in the morning, but I wasn't. There were others that stayed there and we weren't the only ones who were walking along Harbor and through DTD to get to the corrals. In the future when I need a hotel for race mornings, I think I will find something either right in front of DTD on Harbor (BWPPI, etc.) or something across from PPH (Anabella, etc.)

A lot of the hotels around the DLR area also have buses that run the morning of the race so you could theoretically stay further away, instead of right across the street on Harbor, and not have to worry about getting to the corrals in the morning.

One place that I always recommend is BW Raffles. It is next to the Toy Story lot so you can walk over there and ride the bus to the Esplanade and I am pretty sure the buses will pick up there for the race mornings. It is usually less expensive than the places that are on Harbor across the street and it is clean. I have never felt unsafe there either (I have stayed there at least 5 times now). The only downside is their incredibly tiny parking lot - the good news is, when it is filled up, they have a free valet who will park your car for you. Again, I haven't stayed there for a race weekend but every other time, it has been really great for us.

I stayed at Ramada (anaheim convention center one) last year was a bit further up harbor. In the morning my boyfriend drove me to the parks and dropped me off and he went back to the hotel to sleep (hes not a morning person) and then when I was done running I hopped on ART and rode that down as a far as I could and then walked one more block to get to ramada. Saw a lot of people walking the whole way though.

I made my first trip to DL for DLH last year and stayed at the Fairfield on Harbor. It was a very easy walk to and from the parks and not too much further to the Expo and race start. I liked it enough to stay there again this year.

Thank you for all the hotel suggestions! I haven't looked at most of them so it will definitely give me options.

Our thread fell onto page 2 so just popping in to bump us up so we don't get lost. Nothing of importance to see here :wave2:

Kind of reminded me of Star Wars.... these are not the droids you are looking for. Or maybe Star Wars is just too much on my brain. I swear the moon looked like the Death Star yesterday.

Thank you for all the hotel suggestions! I haven't looked at most of them so it will definitely give me options.
Whatever hotel you look at I would start booking now. It being Labor Day weekend it will be busy. A friend told me there are some huge soccer tournaments that weekend too. Most DL property hotels are at capacity already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter