Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

booked our hotel for this year... staying at the super 8 this year because it was the cheapest one we could find that wasnt booked..

Are you staying at the one on Katella next to Garden Walk? I've stayed there for multiple races (including this upcoming one), and they're super friendly. It's nothing fancy but I'm really just there to sleep and you can't beat the price compared to other places around there.

Are you staying at the one on Katella next to Garden Walk? I've stayed there for multiple races (including this upcoming one), and they're super friendly. It's nothing fancy but I'm really just there to sleep and you can't beat the price compared to other places around there.

We are staying at the one on Disneyland Drive.

Same here. Peter and the whole team is awesome. They are changing names this fall to something new, so keep your eyes open.

Actually, the Coast to Coast medal is changing up this year. Looks like a nice upgrade. You can check it out here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/coast-to-coast-2017.3564929/

It looks like there are different C2C medals though depending which race you did. I found one that looks similar to the one you posted but it's pink. How would I know which one I will get? I did the WDW Full Marathon in January. :) Thanks for your reply!

It looks like there are different C2C medals though depending which race you did. I found one that looks similar to the one you posted but it's pink. How would I know which one I will get? I did the WDW Full Marathon in January. :) Thanks for your reply!

The pink is only for the combination of Princess & Tink. Runners may or may not get the blue one along with the pink depending on who you ask, as well. Regardless, as a WDWMW and DLH runner you'll get the new blue one.

Woot! Just bought my plane ticket, so now I'm totally in. Two races= 4 medals :). Booked at the Courtyard by the entrance using Marriott points instead of IHG points (I have a lot of hotel points with work travel). Thanks to all for the insights as to how far away the hotel I originally booked was.

Next question--I'm going with a friend and I'd like to gift her a massage after the runs are done. Are there good spas at the nearby hotels? Any recommendations? Would it be better to do on Monday than on Sunday? I've never had a post-race massage but it sounds like such a good idea, I may book one for me too!

I want to see the medals so bad!!!

Also anyone from Sac flying down? Im flying down on Thursday morning and then heading straight to the expo! It needs to be September already!

So I haven't registered for the half yet. I realize that it "could" sell out and then I'd be out of luck. It's just the last few races I've done with RunDisney I've paid full price...only for the bibs to go on sale closer to the race. I hate that cause I'm already losing so much $ with exchanging from Canadian$. Did this happen with the half last year? As far as I can see it didn't sell out for 2016. Thanks in advance guys!

So I haven't registered for the half yet. I realize that it "could" sell out and then I'd be out of luck. It's just the last few races I've done with RunDisney I've paid full price...only for the bibs to go on sale closer to the race. I hate that cause I'm already losing so much $ with exchanging from Canadian$. Did this happen with the half last year? As far as I can see it didn't sell out for 2016. Thanks in advance guys!

I can't recall off the top of my head whether the 1/2 sold out last year or not. I would point out that the first time RunDisney does anything it tends to sell a bit more quickly. With this being the first Pixar themed weekend, I'd be hesitant to wait too long. Only you can answer whether saving a few $$$, be they American or Canadian, is worth the risk of missing the race entirely to you. Maybe you could consider paying the full price now a type of reverse trip insurance cost!

I believe people got discounted bibs for the challenge last year, but at least Acclaim travel seems to be running low on stock already. I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to wait and see if there are any sales ... I'm also waiting to see how my work schedule is going to line up ...

I know there are a few people from the Sacramento area on here so I thought this would be helpful to see... Southwest is starting service between Sacramento and Long Beach in August. I just booked my round trip for the Disneyland half for $98 (flying in Thursday, flying out Tuesday). In comparison Orange County was going to be $250 and LAX $198. If you've already booked into one of the other airports you may want to research changing.

I was a bit bummed I didn't sign-up since I *love* the Pixar theme. This morning I saw something on Facebook that all the races were open and decided to try the 10K.

I'm happy and terrified. I can make the time requirements, but eek. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter