• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do room only offers usually come out the same time as FD? I am trying to see which offer would be better for us.
I looked at the last two years and yes when the release the announcement for fall free dining a room discount had came out at the same time. If you Google historic Disney discounts you can see a few sites that have them. What I didn't find was the requirements. I'm pretty sure you have to buy park hoppers plus to qualify. If you don't already use those that's a considerable expense. For use of they offer a room discount and we don't upgrade tickets is pretty close for us. Sorry about the lines my phone is freaking out.

My boys (3 teens) and I went to Sci-Fi and loved it. I am totally into the cheeze (yes, so much so that I spell it with a z). We loved the movie previews and even had to look up a few on imdb to make sure they were real movies. Next time we go I want to check out Prime Time!
Unless you want your server at Prime Time to have a little fun with you, make sure to keep your elbows off the table and eat all your veggies! ;)

Unless you want your server at Prime Time to have a little fun with you, make sure to keep your elbows off the table and eat all your veggies! ;)
Our last trip my husband didn't want to eat the collard greens that came with the meal so he "hid" them under the leftover chicken bones. When the server went to clear the plates from the table he moved the bones and food around and found the collard greens. He made my DH stand up in front of everyone in our area and sing I'm a little teapot and do the motions. It was pretty hillarious!

Ooh, nice tip!
What is Tonga Toast? I'm picturing thick toast with butter and a drizzle of condensed milk or something? I could Google it, but I'd rather hear from you guys about it!
Tonga Toast is thick sliced sourdough bread stuffed with bananas, battered (like French toast), deep fried and then dusted with cinnamon sugar. The toast at Kona comes with a strawberry compote, but the toast at Cook's does not :confused3.

Our last trip my husband didn't want to eat the collard greens that came with the meal so he "hid" them under the leftover chicken bones. When the server went to clear the plates from the table he moved the bones and food around and found the collard greens. He made my DH stand up in front of everyone in our area and sing I'm a little teapot and do the motions. It was pretty hillarious!
See and I just swap them out for corn. If I don't like something on the menu I look at what other items they have with other entrees and pick what I like. Why order a meal with something you know you won't eat.

Had this happen to me"..I changed it a bit and he made me do it again. His name was Luchini (sp?) from Moroco...was the best server I've had there with Janice running a close second.

Is it just me or was it a tease to see a couple of messages from Steve and Black.....hoping we get an update of what they know or at this point what they don't know. Guessing my times will not be free dining, but love this thread and will always return.

I got so excited about the personalising of the magic bands and I spent hours browsing all the etsy decals etc people are selling and I saved heaps I thought my husband and daughter would like.

Then I told them all about it and I sat them down with the lap top and said we could play around with all the different options and look at the accessories etc.

My 11yo looked at them all and went, "Meh. I'll just have a plain green band"

Then my husband said "I just want grey".

And I flipped!
"You can't have grey! Grey is the default. Grey means you don't care! Grey is for LOSERS!"

I tried to compromise and said he could have grey if he put some Star Wars decals or something on it, but he is adamant he just wants plain grey.

Why don't my family want to have fun with me???!!!!
:charac2:
Haha! My husband picks blue every year (this is our 4th year in a row) and it drives me nuts!!! Same with my boys....everyone wants blue!!! I'm stuck making a rainbow by myself over here! Lol this year I'm going with yellow!

lol!! I didn't know about most of that stuff. I've heard of vegamite because my teenager is on an all Britain kick. Lol.

Vegemite is Australia and Marmite is British. Very similar taste but the textures are different. Vegemite has the consistency of softened butter whereas Marmite has a cold honey texture - viscous.

And of course, Vegemite is far superior!!!
:cutie:

I wouldn't have know about vegemite if it wasn't for "Men At Work".:rockband: What does it taste like?:)

Ah, yes. "He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich".

It's savoury. Salty. Umami (the fifth basic taste). It has a sharpness to it like tomato paste can have. There's no way you would dip in and eat a spoonful from the jar like peanut butter.
Most people make the mistake of spreading it thick like Nutella and that's deadly. You need hot toast (preferably plain, empty calorie white bread), melted butter and a light scraping of Vegemite over the top.

Bliss.

Comfort food. If you're sick, that's what your mum makes you to ease you back into food.

Not as nice as Marmite, bwahahahaahahah

Actually really hard to explain, but both have very strong, acquired tastes. Salty bitter taste. But yummy if you are raised on either of them!

You looking for a fight??!!

:crutches:

When I lived in England I had Marmite all the time when I was at other people's houses or travelling. But there was always a jar of Vegemite in the cupboard at home. I always found it bizarre that Vegemite was put on the shelf with Bisto and Bovril near all the gravy things. It was like Sainsbury's didn't want the Vegemite and Marmite fraternising!

Tonga Toast is thick sliced sourdough bread stuffed with bananas, battered (like French toast), deep fried and then dusted with cinnamon sugar. The toast at Kona comes with a strawberry compote, but the toast at Cook's does not :confused3.
Omg, that sounds amazeballs. I LOVE cinnamon toast, so this sounds lush. A bit Elvis.

Last year after FD dropped, a thread was created so we could all continue to plan our fall trips together. Maybe someone will start another thread like that this year. :)

I started that thread & the mods closed it. They said it was too soon to start a Free Dining 2017 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter