• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bf gave me the go ahead to book regardless of FD but I'm still dying for it to be released - the hunt and catch is part of the fun. I know myself I won't be ok with my dates until I know about FD and that means I can't start planning - which I know is way early but I can't help it. Also was hoping MVMCP dates would come out this weekend and a big no to that too

I dont recall what were the 2016 dates for free dining . We are considering going with my brothers family and would consider that over using dvc points

And in the past I've always avoided parks with EMH.

That was my plan too, but when I messed around with dates, it ended up with most days being on an EMH day. But I'm hoping because it will be mid September they won't be that busy anyways.

We're going to parks Sun-Sun. One day for universal, one day for rest, and one day for rest/MNSSHP:
Day 1: HS, am EMH.
Day 2: AK, am EMH. Figured we would actually use this one because of Pandora. And I wanted to avoid AK on weekends because of locals using their APs.
Day 3: rest
Day 4: MK, pm EMH, we plan on using this one.
Day 5: EP, am EMH. Didn't want to go on a weekend during F&W so this was the only day it fit.
Day 6: rest/MNSSHP
Day 7: MK
Day 8: universal. I discussed with my sister about whether we should do HS and US first or last. Because of all the construction, HS may be a bit of a let-down, so we'd want to end our trip on a high note with Harry Potter.

If we get FD then we expect to need park hoppers so maybe we can adjust some things (otherwise we'll just get base tiks). But right now I'm touring plans we can hit everything and still have significant breaks during the day.

MK days are the only ones locked in now (have CRT and BOG ressies), so if anyone has any changes to suggest, go ahead!

That was my plan too, but when I messed around with dates, it ended up with most days being on an EMH day. But I'm hoping because it will be mid September they won't be that busy anyways.

We're going to parks Sun-Sun. One day for universal, one day for rest, and one day for rest/MNSSHP:
Day 1: HS, am EMH.
Day 2: AK, am EMH. Figured we would actually use this one because of Pandora. And I wanted to avoid AK on weekends because of locals using their APs.
Day 3: rest
Day 4: MK, pm EMH, we plan on using this one.
Day 5: EP, am EMH. Didn't want to go on a weekend during F&W so this was the only day it fit.
Day 6: rest/MNSSHP
Day 7: MK
Day 8: universal. I discussed with my sister about whether we should do HS and US first or last. Because of all the construction, HS may be a bit of a let-down, so we'd want to end our trip on a high note with Harry Potter.

If we get FD then we expect to need park hoppers so maybe we can adjust some things (otherwise we'll just get base tiks). But right now I'm touring plans we can hit everything and still have significant breaks during the day.

MK days are the only ones locked in now (have CRT and BOG ressies), so if anyone has any changes to suggest, go ahead!
If you have young kids, they probably won't like having the late MK EMH and then the early EPCOT one the next morning.

This was helpful to see your plan! What days in Sept are you there? We are currently booked Sept 23-30 doing Sat-Sat.

So is there an American version of Vegemite? Obviously we don't have a 'mite' item....but something all Americans eat that others consider an acquired taste?

I don't think all Americans have tried, but I would guess that salty black licorice would be similar. If you haven't grown up eating it I know people don't like it especially their first time.

I am joining in on the wait for FD! We are going December 9-16th and right now are booked at CBR. Hoping they will let us "double dip" with the gift card for the construction and free dining.

:offtopic:I know this is off topic but this is my favorite board to ask my questions. We're going in September and wondering about the crowds. Does anyone here have experience with the first few months after a new land, or attraction opens up. I'm wondering if Pandora will create larger crowds everywhere? Only in Pandora? All over AK?

Thoughts?

:offtopic:I know this is off topic but this is my favorite board to ask my questions. We're going in September and wondering about the crowds. Does anyone here have experience with the first few months after a new land, or attraction opens up. I'm wondering if Pandora will create larger crowds everywhere? Only in Pandora? All over AK?

Thoughts?

Personally I think that Food and Wine is going to make September busier.

Thoughts?
We have made many trips around the opening of new lands. Generally, overall crowds are no higher. Crowds in AK will be higher, but that will probably help by lowering crowd level in the other parks. But I don't expect to see anything major in Sept from this outside of AK. The early start of the F&WF will have a similar impact on weekend nights at Epcot. But, again, probably result in lower crowds in the other parks at that time.

With proper planning, these two things could really help make an early Sept vacation better than ever,

Thoughts?
Yes new attractions usually have a bigger draw, however September is typically a good time for lower crowd levels, can be a bit rainy a hot still, but it's one of our favorite times to go.....remember also if a new attraction is very popular it will be busy but the other attractions not so much so take advantage of that!!!!!

I'm on this board looking for free dining in the fall. That's what I did last year. But my husband has a work seminar he has to attend in June. So, my son and I will be able to tag along and go to parks for 2-3 days. We've never stayed off property. Our hotel is walking distance to Disney Springs. Is it easy to get buses from Disney Springs to all the parks including water parks? Can I reuse my magic bands even if you don't get tickets from wdw? It will be different but we still get our real trip in the fall. This is just a bonus. Also, is it super hot in June?

We are all in this together! I think he never finished his day to day reasoning behind the calendar so it was never officially posted
I believe you can find December 2016 also

I did find it as well and bookmarked it. Now I'm ready. When my dates are finalized I will change according to his calendar. It worked for us well in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter