******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NOW THAT really stinks.

How does a room discount compare to the FD?

My friend said I should just show up and beg at the door! Hahaha, that's not actually how it works! My boss knows I check this thread first thing every morning along with the Disney website to look for availability, this morning he rolled his chair over and just said "Hey, when you are done stalking Disney, I need your help with a system, I'll wait... I know I can't compete with Disney." :rotfl:

My friend said I should just show up and beg at the door! Hahaha, that's not actually how it works! My boss knows I check this thread first thing every morning along with the Disney website to look for availability, this morning he rolled his chair over and just said "Hey, when you are done stalking Disney, I need your help with a system, I'll wait... I know I can't compete with Disney." :rotfl:

That's awesome. Have you called? Availability comes up for that date alone. And what is your end date again? I'm useless until this next Monday is over and then I will have to return to life until May when I do ADR's. LOL!

Who was going to be at Disney from 9/2-9/9 here? :) those are my dates!

I may be bumping over to POP if my CBR Plan A goes down in flames.

I just made an official plan with my TA of CBR, POP, Music. Hopefully it works out.

Still debating grabbing up POP with FD if it drops at 4am. Just worrying about how to transfer my payments over.

It could. Hasn't been in a few years but I think there was a midnight drop at some point. It's going to be a long night. What should we say? Party starts at 11pm EST? LOL!

Ugh don't tell me that! I want to go to bed super early and just set my alarm for 3:45. I have to work Monday morning with ten 2-3year olds! I need my rest lol

Ugh don't tell me that! I want to go to bed super early and just set my alarm for 3:45. I have to work Monday morning with ten 2-3year olds! I need my rest lol

I'm sure that is the safest bet if you have to work Monday.

It could. Hasn't been in a few years but I think there was a midnight drop at some point. It's going to be a long night. What should we say? Party starts at 11pm EST? LOL!

Whew, luckily my boyfriend is up until 1am and will check until then. Then I'm up at 3:30am!

Just got my Tom Bricker email for the week - HI TOM! And he is saying all signs point to the 24th. SO... be ready and be ready for a lot of people to have the heads up.

Here we go!

4 Days
17 Hours
46 Minutes
8 Seconds
So did I but notice his December date shows start of 8th not the 3rd - which to me makes WAY more sense than the rumored 3rd during pop warner stays.

So did I but notice his December date shows start of 8th not the 3rd - which to me makes WAY more sense than the rumored 3rd during pop warner stays.

Good catch! It does make a lot more sense. Historically and Pop Warner wise. Now I have to go run numbers with a start at 12/8 just in case I can't get the 27th.

Last year we had a chat room for when the Dis goes down for maintenance...is this still a thing? I have serious disney FOMO :faint:

I did see CS was completely booked that week already, so lets hope that is the case!

We really don't eat in the food court anyway, so I think we will be ok. I'll plan to ask for a room away from the pool and football field again this year and hope for the best!
I never book near pool just for extra noise and foot traffic in general, but I only use food court for coffee runs and maybe end of night snacks before going back to the room. But for the amount of time spent at a resort, for me at least, I didn't notice the kids that much.

Good catch! It does make a lot more sense. Historically and Pop Warner wise. Now I have to go run numbers with a start at 12/8 just in case I can't get the 27th.
Hopefully by Friday we have some more info to solidify - i just really wish I knew if it was a 4am release again or not. I am worried I will try to stay up all night and then crash just before it drops.

Who was going to be at Disney from 9/2-9/9 here? :) those are my dates!

I may be bumping over to POP if my CBR Plan A goes down in flames.

I just made an official plan with my TA of CBR, POP, Music. Hopefully it works out.

Still debating grabbing up POP with FD if it drops at 4am. Just worrying about how to transfer my payments over.

We are there those same dates too! My plan is CBR (if mods get DDP), then POP, then Sports. I am getting so excited! Just hope I'm not disappointed.

Hopefully by Friday we have some more info to solidify - i just really wish I knew if it was a 4am release again or not. I am worried I will try to stay up all night and then crash just before it drops.

Me too! I'm not a night owl at all, so I'm already worrying about staying up. Then I'm facilitating our staff meeting on Monday morning. Thank goodness for Diet Coke! lol

It's kind of like booking with SouthWest on release dates. Everyone gets up super early and keeps hitting the refresh button and then it doesn't end up being bookable til almost 8am. :crazy2: You're just not going to know what time it will drop, until it drops.

Chocolate and coffee. We won't let you crash. Looks like a 12/8 start would cost me about $250 more. Ugh. So I gotta snatch the 11/27 date if it really is right.

I too am looking at backup dates now, in case the 12/8 start is right.

Maybe it's a sign we should not go this year!?

Nah!

A lot of people assume us planners are uptight, inflexible, neurotic control freaks who need structure. But that's not it!
I'm a very laid back, flexible person, but I refuse to be a sucker and be one of those people waiting for 3 hours in a ride queue and seeing others walk up and on the ride and wondering why they get special treatment. Or walking past a restaurant and thinking "Ooh! That looks great! Let's eat there" only to be told it was booked out months before. Or being at a park that is super busy, to the point of ruining the trip, and not realising there's other parks half empty we could have been at if only we knew.

We're not crazy, we're just not suckers!!

EXACTLY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter