******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chocolate and coffee. We won't let you crash. Looks like a 12/8 start would cost me about $250 more. Ugh. So I gotta snatch the 11/27 date if it really is right.
This will end up being the one morning my cat doesn't decide to be hungry at 5 AM - Dbf said he will get up with me so we can have one on the computer and one on my phone but I know myself, I won't be able to handle him helping because he won't move at my crazy thought process should I hit a road block LOL

A couple people slipped through a day early with the promo code applied, reported back here, others called them liars, nastiness ensued. Folks bombarded Chase with calls, talked to supervisors, were demanding, etc.
that was an ugly, ugly day on the DIS. black was "attacked" too because FD did not drop on the day it was rumored too.

many members should have been ashamed of the way they acted.

A lot of people assume us planners are uptight, inflexible, neurotic control freaks who need structure. But that's not it!
I'm a very laid back, flexible person, but I refuse to be a sucker and be one of those people waiting for 3 hours in a ride queue and seeing others walk up and on the ride and wondering why they get special treatment. Or walking past a restaurant and thinking "Ooh! That looks great! Let's eat there" only to be told it was booked out months before. Or being at a park that is super busy, to the point of ruining the trip, and not realising there's other parks half empty we could have been at if only we knew.

We're not crazy, we're just not suckers!!

Ok, this just made me think of something. I always check the crowd calendars before I go and plan my days ahead of time, but what is the best way to check on the spot when you are in a crowded park and want to hop to a less crowded one?

So did I but notice his December date shows start of 8th not the 3rd - which to me makes WAY more sense than the rumored 3rd during pop warner stays.

I came here after reading Tom's email to ask about the 8th being a possible typo and I agree, it makes sense but it SUCKS :sad: Our plans were to fly in on Dec 1, spend a few days at Universal and Sea World, and then check-in at WDW on either the 3rd or 4th. We have to leave on the 10th so the 8th really doesn't do much for us unless we want to do a split stay for the last 2 nights. Ugh, I feel sick now!

Chocolate and coffee. We won't let you crash. Looks like a 12/8 start would cost me about $250 more. Ugh. So I gotta snatch the 11/27 date if it really is right.

We had considered the later dates in November but December was a better fit. Now I may need to go back and re-work the plans to possibly fly in on the 24th instead of the 1st but I am worried that flights will be outrageous and the crowds too heavy :(

Maybe Black can weigh in here with news from the underground regarding the 3rd vs the 8th :rolleyes1

Who was going to be at Disney from 9/2-9/9 here? :) those are my dates!

I may be bumping over to POP if my CBR Plan A goes down in flames.

I just made an official plan with my TA of CBR, POP, Music. Hopefully it works out.

Still debating grabbing up POP with FD if it drops at 4am. Just worrying about how to transfer my payments over.

We are! We're currently with CSR and hoping that Plan A doesn't burn to the ground.

I don't want to rethink all my dining reservations per the regular dining plan. :worried:

Ok, this just made me think of something. I always check the crowd calendars before I go and plan my days ahead of time, but what is the best way to check on the spot when you are in a crowded park and want to hop to a less crowded one?

What I would probably do it pull up my Touring Plans app and look at wait times for rides I would want to go to if I hopped. If you don't have TP you can do this on MDE app but times are usually overstated on there.

The December 8th date does make more sense and would be more in line with the bounce back offers from last fall. That said I trust Black's information. He is usually spot on.

I agree and I pray you are right. Black HAS always been spot on. Hence the reason that I start stalking this site around this same time every year ;)

Last edited:
We are! We're currently with CSR and hoping that Plan A doesn't burn to the ground.

I don't want to rethink all my dining reservations per the regular dining plan. :worried:

I get the dining thing too!

Either way I will upgrade to DDP because my boyfriend is a garbage can. It will be worth it.

If it comes down to it we may move down to value and upgrade to save a couple hundred. We don't spend too much time in the rooms anyway.

My friend said I should just show up and beg at the door! Hahaha, that's not actually how it works! My boss knows I check this thread first thing every morning along with the Disney website to look for availability, this morning he rolled his chair over and just said "Hey, when you are done stalking Disney, I need your help with a system, I'll wait... I know I can't compete with Disney." :rotfl:

Your boss is a keeper!!:love:

So we did FD in 2015 and 2016 (hello to all the 2016 planning friends - long time no see!) and had no intention of doing Disney again this year...until my sister called and said they want to go. So, we *have* to now :flower:

HOWEVER - the only week that works for us both is 12/3...Pop Warner week. And we had planned to stay at Sports. How doomed are we?! Anyone gone during Pop Warner week that can give me the good, bad, and ugly? in 2017 we left for home on 12/3 as the football kids were taking over the resort. But, we are really only there at night to sleep.
Hi Meeko!!!!

Contemporary! I've wanted to stay there since I was 6 - so there is NO way we are changing! :rotfl:I am so excited to be able to go that I should probably stop whining, but it's ONE DAY! AND we will already be there - we were just planning on staying at the Hyatt MCO on 9/30, I'm just kicking myself.... :sad2:
What do u
Hi Meeko!!!!
Is it better to use laptop or iphone on FD drop day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter