******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
A standard room finally opened up at the Poly this morning for our dates - September 9-16th! It does pay to check the free dining offer daily. We started off booked into a royal room at POR, but missed free dining on it, so we changed to a pool view at Animal Kingdom Lodge. That was fine, but I really wanted to be on the monorail line. I am so excited to get what I finally wanted with free dining.
Congratulations!

Are you trying to modify it online or have you called? I had to make a reservation with 3 extra days that I didn't want just to get something. I couldn't modify online but I called and they were able to take off the extra days. The CM I spoke with couldn't do it but sent a request to customer service and within 24 hours the changes were made.

Thanks! We will give that a try.

I check my dates everyday 11/18-11/24. The only thing that ever comes up is CR or YC, never any values. Do you think it's because it is the week of Thanksgiving. I've never been during that week. I'm trying to be patient. It's never been this hard for me before on other dates.

I check my dates everyday 11/18-11/24. The only thing that ever comes up is CR or YC, never any values. Do you think it's because it is the week of Thanksgiving. I've never been during that week. I'm trying to be patient. It's never been this hard for me before on other dates.
We are going November 14 through the 19th and I'm having a difficult time trying to find different places.

I'm going Nov 19-25. I was lucky enough to get CBR from the 19-23 when FD came out, but was never able to add the extra days. I gave up trying and decided to do a split stay and pay OOP for meals those last couple days.

If you have a Disney Visa, you might want to check that way...I saw some availability for the cabins.

I am keeping an eye on our dates (Nov 25-Dec 9th) and have seen almost no changes. Nothing available from the values or moderates. AS music was an option in a preferred room right at FD drop and the next day I did see AS music in a standard room as an option, but these disappeared very quickly. I saw nothing else in the value or moderate categories (except Art of animation suites and the cabins), but the cost on these made them more expensive then some of the cheaper deluxe options once you factored in upgrading to the DDP, unless you had more then four in your group. It is a long trip and falls over pop warner, but compared to other FD years this feels very different. Other years we found far more availability and far more changes to availability following the drop. I will say though that even searching our dates without FD shows that many of the values and moderates are unavailable. Anyone else finding a lot less available this year?

I am keeping an eye on our dates (Nov 25-Dec 9th) and have seen almost no changes. Nothing available from the values or moderates. AS music was an option in a preferred room right at FD drop and the next day I did see AS music in a standard room as an option, but these disappeared very quickly. I saw nothing else in the value or moderate categories (except Art of animation suites and the cabins), but the cost on these made them more expensive then some of the cheaper deluxe options once you factored in upgrading to the DDP, unless you had more then four in your group. It is a long trip and falls over pop warner, but compared to other FD years this feels very different. Other years we found far more availability and far more changes to availability following the drop. I will say though that even searching our dates without FD shows that many of the values and moderates are unavailable. Anyone else finding a lot less available this year?

My first time booking, and I'm also keeping an eye out for the last week of November after Thanksgiving. I can confirm that I did see availability for a couple of the All-Stars at around 7AM the day the promo started, but I ignored them because at the time, I was focused on wanting to stay at POP only, since I already had a reservation there (regular room price and tickets). I haven’t seen or even heard of anyone booking Pop Century with the promo. In past years, have extra rooms been made available at later dates? Is it best just to stalk the booking page several times a day and hope to luck out? Or should we really only do this closer to “drop” (final payment) dates?

My first time booking, and I'm also keeping an eye out for the last week of November after Thanksgiving. I can confirm that I did see availability for a couple of the All-Stars at around 7AM the day the promo started, but I ignored them because at the time, I was focused on wanting to stay at POP only, since I already had a reservation there (regular room price and tickets). I haven’t seen or even heard of anyone booking Pop Century with the promo. In past years, have extra rooms been made available at later dates? Is it best just to stalk the booking page several times a day and hope to luck out? Or should we really only do this closer to “drop” (final payment) dates?

I think the best option is to continue to check as often as possible... Seems to be the way lots of things work with Disney! I have read elsewhere that some people found more availability by calling so you could try that as well. Good luck!

I decided today that I would like to add a day to the end of our trip but sadly no opening. I wish I would have thought about it sooner when I added a day to the start. Maybe something will open up but if not it's okay.

Yes I'm in the same boat. But I will keep trying and trying, and hoping something will open up at the 60 day payment window.

When I do search these dates without FD, lots of rooms are available, even standard. POP has standard available, so do moderates. They have rooms just no FD offers. This is what really bothers me. Just venting. Thanks to all of you for the support and ideas. I'll find something.

I was able to book Pop Standard room with the promo, but I booked within an hour of it releasing (and I am going in September which seems to be a slower month). I did see Pop availability that first day on and off, but nothing from any values since. I have a feeling they are trying to get the Deluxe's booked up before they release more values. I would just keep checking.

I was not able to get pop nov 27-dec6th the moment it was released that morning. It went so fast.

CSR avail now for the 17th-24

When a FD reservation is cancelled it goes back into the rack rate offers, it does NOT go back into FD offers. The only way resorts open up for FD is if Disney decides to add more rooms to certain resorts.
I suspected this was the case since I cancelled 2 FD reservations and never saw them return to the FD pool of rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter