******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is why people shouldn't book multiple places for the same dates because once they are released nobody can have them. I don't say that to be mean or start anything just true.
I agree. I work with someone who has 4 different reservations because she doesn't know which one she'll choose until it gets closer (nov). So many ppl trying to plan a vacation and they hoard rooms not even wanting them.

I agree. I work with someone who has 4 different reservations because she doesn't know which one she'll choose until it gets closer (nov). So many ppl trying to plan a vacation and they hoard rooms not even wanting them.
It appears from what others have posted that even when releasing a FD room it just goes back into regular inventory.

Here is a link for anyone that wants some help planning their 2017 trip. The first post has a bunch of links relevant to this year. https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-free-dining-plan-watch-wait-and-dream.3599732/page-1

It appears from what others have posted that even when releasing a FD room it just goes back into regular inventory.

Here is a link for anyone that wants some help planning their 2017 trip. The first post has a bunch of links relevant to this year. https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-free-dining-plan-watch-wait-and-dream.3599732/page-1

The point that I believe they were making along with what I had said was that people are booking multiple reservations at multiple resorts for the same dates but don't plan on using them, they do this because they don't know what they want and by doing this it's not allowing others to book rooms with FD at those resorts that are completely booked.

You need to correct the date on the 2018 free dining to July 7 book through date. You currently have August 31 .

Last edited:
You need to correct the date on the 2018 free dining to July 7 book though date. You currently have August 31 .
I took it directly from Disney. Did they cut back the dates for the offer?

I just checked, mine says through Aug. 31. Is it different for US?

The Disney site under the free dining states "Book through July 7, 2017" for the US.
Does anyone know if this was always the date? Interesting that only today was it noticed. I did add in that Movies was excluded but put it in brackets as it wasn't posted on my page when I copied it from their website.

Still haven't seen any values for 11/18-11/24. It's always YC and BW. If I wanted to spend 13k on one week I don't think FD would even be a thought. Thanks for letting me vent. I'm not giving up, just frustrated. Thanks to all.

Still haven't seen any values for 11/18-11/24. It's always YC and BW. If I wanted to spend 13k on one week I don't think FD would even be a thought. Thanks for letting me vent. I'm not giving up, just frustrated. Thanks to all.

If it doesn't come up, it might make more sense to stay off-site and just pay for meals out of pocket.

Exactly! My dates only have 2 resorts open at $9k or $11k for a 5 night stay. If I had that kind of money - - why am I looking for FD?

Boy, inventory seems pretty slim for free dining, especially in the value/standard categories. I have a value booked that I didn't grab until days later. There seemed to be so much availability that I took a few days to decide what I wanted. I'm glad I didn't wait longer because there is nothing showing up now. I wonder if they pulled rooms or if they all did indeed get booked. It will be interesting to see if any come back into the pool.

This morning while I checked the WDW website for FD for my dates that chat box popped up. It always pops up. But, this time I wrote my feelings as if it were a comment card. I was polite and expressed our love of Disney but that we have noticed the lack of value rooms this year. I told them that we also know there are rooms available that are not being released for FD. Also that many of us have been doing this promotion for years so we know what to expect. It probably will not produce change but my feelings are recorded in someone's records. And it felt kinda good. Thanks to all you guys for the support this year.

Hi everyone,

It doesn't look like there is an official thread yet, and it was suggested that I could begin one myself. Please point me in the direction to the thread if there already is one.

If there is not one, and this is the start then go ahead and feel free to dream, speculate, watch, and wait with the rest of us hoping for a release in the Spring for dates that we are all planning for :-)

What are you all hearing, if anything yet?

What are you hoping for in terms of release and promo dates?

Will you plan the trip regardless of release or not?

Questions are endless, and the sky is the limit. Just please be respectful of others and be kind to one another :-)
We are off to PORS in July for 2 weeks.
We have the standard dining plan.
Our holiday was booked to coincide with the free dining plan.
At the time of booking our Vacation in Sept 2016 the free dining plan was available to UK guests.
We love free dining as we get to try Restaurants we would not have normally.:)

I tried a TA once and she really didn't have access to anything more than me. Do you think TA's have an edge this year? I'm honestly checking like 3 or 4 times an hour. My gut says they don't. Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter