• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal Palace November availability is now open so go get those ADR's if you've been waiting.

Thank you!!! I wish I checked earlier though so I could've gotten one for my actual MK day but that's ok I have hoppers so I will eat at CP and then go to EPCOT. I'll keep checking. :)

Planning my ADR's for our 180 tomorrow. We haven't been to Chef Mickey's in 10 years. What's the food like? Anything like Crystal Palace?
We did CM last year in September and the food was not good. We will not be back. Plus to many kids screaming and parents not watching them.

Don't you need a subscription for touring plans. I went on their site and it won't let me past the front page without a subscription.
For some parts yes, google touring plans reservation finder or you could try the search tab on the site and you should be able to sign up for that part for free! It literally took me hours to figure it out! Haha! They do not have a very user friendly site.

Is anyone else hoping and waiting on a particular room or date? I'm going with a large group of 26. Most of us are already booked at POP. We already have 5 FD rooms booked. We have the other 2 rooms booked without free dining. We plan to only put one adult and only children under 10 and buy the dining plan for those rooms. We will only be paying for 2 adults and 3 children.

Is anyone else hoping and waiting on a particular room or date? I'm going with a large group of 26. Most of us are already booked at POP. We already have 5 FD rooms booked. We have the other 2 rooms booked without free dining. We plan to only put one adult and only children under 10 and buy the dining plan for those rooms. We will only be paying for 2 adults and 3 children.

I was until yesterday. I booked CBR for 11/25-12/3 with GC but wasn't able to add FD so I booked AOA with FD and planned on just cancelling CBR if I couldn't get FD by the end of last week. Yesterday I go on ready to cancel and decided to check one last time. There it was! CBR with FD so I changed my reservation and I now have CBR with FD and GC's. Don't give up because there is still hope.

I was until yesterday. I booked CBR for 11/25-12/3 with GC but wasn't able to add FD so I booked AOA with FD and planned on just cancelling CBR if I couldn't get FD by the end of last week. Yesterday I go on ready to cancel and decided to check one last time. There it was! CBR with FD so I changed my reservation and I now have CBR with FD and GC's. Don't give up because there is still hope.

So jealous - this is exactly what I've been trying to get (with a couple extra days on the end) and keep checking but no go. At least I know I can keep checking!

Ok 50's Prime time or Scifi? Do you think Sci Fi is worth a table service credit since it's mostly burgers and fries?

Ok 50's Prime time or Scifi? Do you think Sci Fi is worth a table service credit since it's mostly burgers and fries?

My husband and I always enjoy sci-fi. I think the theming is fun and personally I enjoy the food and the milkshakes! I've never been to 50s and don't care to. I've heard the food is good but I really would not enjoy the antics.

All 3 of my kids love Sci Fi! We think it's worth a credit because it's so much fun and looks really cool.:) It is popular and sometimes it is a harder to get ADR after the 180 day mark.

I would say 50's, its an extremely fun atmosphere and looks like you just stepped out of your grandmas kitchen in the 50's. Also their PB&J milkshake, fried chicken and onion rings are amazing. We go every year on our HS day. We've done Sci-Fi a couple of times and they are ok but you sit in cars and it's dark, the seating is ok if it is only 2 of you however if you have more it's not so much fun to interact.

Our family has been to both. If you like the "give and take" with waitstaff, fun antics, and talking with each other during the meal I'd give 50's Prime Time a nod. The food was good as were the milkshakes. Fun theming as others mention as well. Sci-Fi is fun for overall effect. It's just cool to walk in there and sit in the cars. The food was decent there too. But, you won't really talk to each other much and its dark. Our two kids sat in front of my wife and I. Also, the movies on the screen at Sci-Fi might be a little creepy for very small children so that's a consideration. You can't go wrong either way though.

M
Food at Holiday Dine is not the best, but better (imo) than Chef Mickey's dinner. Holiday outfits and Santa Goofy pic are really cute.

We booked H&v holiday dine for Thanksgiving. I thought the pics of food on Disney food blog looked really good! Is it just going to be Golden Corral with characters??

M

We booked H&v holiday dine for Thanksgiving. I thought the pics of food on Disney food blog looked really good! Is it just going to be Golden Corral with characters??

Better than Golden Coral, but dishes can be hit or miss. I'm sure you'll be able to find reviews before you go to give you an idea of which items are better than others. I think I tried just about everything. Some items I really enjoyed, but with others one bite was enough. We left with plenty to eat each time.

I like both. I love 50's for atmosphere and went to Sci-fi for the first time 2 years ago and had such an enjoyable time. Went with my extended family and we had a lot of fun having the car to eat in. It was FREEZING in there though. I think that is how they keep people moving and not hanging around too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter