"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fully aware that the last fast pass might be cancelled. This was THE ONLY WAY I could schedule the fast passes without getting an error. If I booked before 3:55 AT ALL ON THAT DAY, then I could not schedule a non party day of fast passes. This is the only way I could do it.

Got it. That sounds like glitch city.

They loaded the dining, at long last!! The link is here. It's on a separate page this year, presumably so those without party tickets don't accidentally book.

Got the dining reservation I've been trying for two months to get. Finally, having to be up at the crack of dawn for works pays off!

Do the restaurants over anything different during MNSSHP? Are the characters in Halloween costumes at these meals?

I had no plans to do a TS during the party but I wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything special.

Sorry, I realize I didn't post the clearest earlier. I was able to get fast passes for 3:55-4:55, 4:55-5:55, and 5:55-6:55. I originally had booked my party day fast passes and then when I tried to book my last non-party day of fast passes, I got an error message. I then deleted the fast passes on party day, booked the last non party day and went back to the party day. I tried for a 3:30-4:30 fast pass on party day and again got an error message. I then tried 4-5, 5-6, and 6-7. I was able to do the first two, but when I tried to add the 6-7, I got the error message again. I deleted those and tried for a 3:40-4:40 and got an error message. Finally, I tried for 3:55-4:55, 4:55-5:55, and 5:55-6:55 and that worked.

It could just be a temporary glitch right now, or it could be that they don't want you to reserve fast passes until closer to the 4:00 start time. I have no idea. They may still cancel my last fast pass, but if so, I'll try to move them around again. I would recommend though that anyone having issues play around with the times and see if you can get it to work like I did.

Very interesting thank you so much for responding. If you make any changes or get a email from Disney cancelling your last FP please keep us informed.

Do the restaurants over anything different during MNSSHP? Are the characters in Halloween costumes at these meals?

I had no plans to do a TS during the party but I wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything special.

No they don't. The only characters that dress up in Halloween Attire during a meal is at Minnie's Halloween Dine in Hollywood Studios but nothing for Magic Kingdom.

I'm fully aware that the last fast pass might be cancelled. This was THE ONLY WAY I could schedule the fast passes without getting an error. If I booked before 3:55 AT ALL ON THAT DAY, then I could not schedule a non party day of fast passes. This is the only way I could do it.

That's interesting you could not book FP for 3:30-4:30. I'm glad you were able to get 3:55-4:55, 4:55-5:55, and 5:55-6:55.

So if this is the new path then it stands to reason those who have dining reservations that start at 6pm loose their third FP.

I wonder ... if you have an ADR for 6pm how much time will you be at the restaurant 1 hour, 1.5 hours and would this be enough time for larger parties?

Last edited:
I booked FP this last Saturday. I have a 14 day ticket and a party ticket, I was only allowed to book 14 days worth a FP.
On my ticket it does say expires 14 days after first use. I believe that is why I did not get 3 separate FP for my party ticket.

I booked FP this last Saturday. I have a 14 day ticket and a party ticket, I was only allowed to book 14 days worth a FP.
On my ticket it does say expires 14 days after first use. I believe that is why I did not get 3 separate FP for my party ticket.

So in other words you're maxed out? Is that how it works with 14 day tickets opposed to 5 or 7 day tickets? Just curious.

So in other words you're maxed out? Is that how it works with 14 day tickets opposed to 5 or 7 day tickets? Just curious.

I was maxed out when I tried to book the 15th day. From the website for the 14 day ticket (UK) 14-Day tickets expire 14 days from first day of use

Do we think there'll be any changes to characters meet & greets this year? I know it's been similar for a few years, but when do we usually hear about changes to the characters you can meet?

As far as I know, the dwarves don't come out early.

I don't know why I thought they did.

FYI - I created two printable pdf's one for Characters and the other for Trick or Treat that you have full access to. Both are based off 2016 information that will be updated immediately when released.
The Character List includes what time they came out and if they sign autographs. The main page lists who's rare and who is wearing Halloween Attire.

Please note this is not a Halloween thread take over. It's the only place I could put these pdf's for everyone to access. I asked @monique5 if she could put them up on her thread but realized how much of a struggle this would be for both of us. I have no intentions of hosting the Official MNSSHP thread - EVER. I would also like to add I consider @monique5 a good friend that I hold in high regard she and I have maintained contact with each other since last year. Not dissing the former hosts of the MNSSHP thread by any means @monique5 has made the Official MNSSHP thread the best with her hard work and dedication. :flower3:

Last edited:
Are you able to "modify" the existing FP+ to an earlier time now that it is already scheduled?

That's awesome! Can I ask---how did you get a reservation? The night we are trying for (10/5) is only showing until 6pm although we are checking daily. I even called last week and they were unhelpful about times
Thanks!

I logged into My Disney Experience today and reservations specifically for the Halloween parties were available. Check again. Hopefully there are some still available. I was also checking every day and just stumbled upon it this morning. Hope you get one!! Now if I could just land an O'hanna ADR, our trip would be made!

So I'm trying to finish my planning for my long weekend going to the Halloween party. For food I was trying to figure out where we should eat. I don't want to miss any party time so we've decided to just do a big lunch and probably some Starbucks right before. We'll be staying at the Yacht Club so I was thinking lunch at teppen edo for hibachi - it's a pretty big meal and filling, then hop on the monorail to go to Magic Kingdom.

Or should we just go to Magic Kingdom and eat at the plaza? We have a reservation at 2:20. Hibachi we have at 12:30 but there's a ton of open times we could switch to.

I don't want to be too tired this day since the party goes until midnight and I'm not a nightowl at all.

Is there anywhere to get a snack or quick service meal during the party in case we get hungry later into the night?

So I'm trying to finish my planning for my long weekend going to the Halloween party. For food I was trying to figure out where we should eat. I don't want to miss any party time so we've decided to just do a big lunch and probably some Starbucks right before. We'll be staying at the Yacht Club so I was thinking lunch at teppen edo for hibachi - it's a pretty big meal and filling, then hop on the monorail to go to Magic Kingdom.

Or should we just go to Magic Kingdom and eat at the plaza? We have a reservation at 2:20. Hibachi we have at 12:30 but there's a ton of open times we could switch to.

I don't want to be too tired this day since the party goes until midnight and I'm not a nightowl at all.

Is there anywhere to get a snack or quick service meal during the party in case we get hungry later into the night?

Here's a list of what was available in 2016:
Counter Service Dining Locations Open During Party:
Main Street U.S.A.
Main Street Bakery
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
Casey's Corner

Adventureland
Aloha Isla
Frontierland
Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn
Westward Ho

Liberty Square
Sleepy Hollow
Liberty Square market (until 9pm)
Columbia Harbor House (until 8pm)

Fantasyland
Pinocchio Village Hause (until 10pm)
The Friars Nook (until 10pm)
Storybook Treats
Gastons Tavern
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Cinderella's Royal table

Tomorrowland
Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe
Cool Ship
The Lunching Pad

I can't see significant changes but this will be posted to the main page once it's all confirmed.

WOOHOOOO hubby says we can get tickets. It will just be he and I while gma stays back with the kids (who will just be almost 3 and 1). I know I can get us both AP priced tickets even though he won't be an AP but am I allowed to have those tickets prior to the activation of my AP?

I'm going to the party on Aug 29th. I have a ten-day ticket plus party. I did my fast pass selections today -- did the 3:55, 4:55, 5:55 as suggested. It still said I maxed out and could only book 10 days of fast passes. Wondering if you are not allowed them at all with a party ticket - but don't want to cancel them to find out! :confused3

I'm going to the party on Aug 29th. I have a ten-day ticket plus party. I did my fast pass selections today -- did the 3:55, 4:55, 5:55 as suggested. It still said I maxed out and could only book 10 days of fast passes. Wondering if you are not allowed them at all with a party ticket - but don't want to cancel them to find out! :confused3

Are you going to a park the same day as your party? If so, did you book 3 FPs for your park day and are trying to book 3 more FPs on your party ticket?

Are you going to a park the same day as your party? If so, did you book 3 FPs for your park day and are trying to book 3 more FPs on your party ticket?

No. Those are the only FPs for that day. I have 9 regular park days booked. I am "saving" a BOG lunch on that day cuz it was the only one I could snag. I wonder if that's causing the problems with FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter