"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY DO I ALWAYS WANT THE PASSHOLDER PINS?!?!? :sad:
lol I was showing these to my boyfriend and was saying how I wasn't really into the villain pins but I would like the Hades one ... then I realized it was PASSHOLDER only :sad2:

No I don't have an annual pass (yet, one day!). I do like the overall event pin though, that's cute, so there's a positive :woohoo:

That was the pin out of those that I liked most, I'd love to be an AP but I would never get to visit enough to make that happen.

I like the Mickey one, I also like the Hocus Pocus one but I'll go with what I can find.

Anyone know if there would be any problem packing the candy we receive at the Halloween party in our carry on bags for the plane? We won't have any checked baggage and like to bring a lot of that Halloween candy home with us. I was thinking of bringing a gallon ziplock bag from home to pack and bring home the candy.

Anyone know if there would be any problem packing the candy we receive at the Halloween party in our carry on bags for the plane? We won't have any checked baggage and like to bring a lot of that Halloween candy home with us. I was thinking of bringing a gallon ziplock bag from home to pack and bring home the candy.

Ha no problem at all. They only care about liquids and gels.

:thumbsup2
I am so glad to read this. My husband and I will be getting the boys off to college and going to our first MNSSHP! Glad we are not the only ones! Enjoy
They are REALLY mad because our youngest is getting to go and we are doing the party on his bday......told them 'that is what happens when you get to be an "adult"'

I also have tickets for the 26th and am also considering getting them for the 29th. The parties are great!
We will be there the 29th!! I wish we would be onsite for 2 parties because I would probably do both so that we can get everything in without stress.... Hope to see you there!~

Ha no problem at all. They only care about liquids and gels.

Thanks! :goodvibes

They're kind of small. As other posters mentioned, you can get as many as you would like, but I put them in a larger bag since I collected a lot of candy last year haha

View attachment 260459
So do they just give them to the kids? or each member of your party? We will only have DS with us and not sure what kind of a mood he will be in to trick or treat so just wondering if we will get them as well.

So do they just give them to the kids? or each member of your party? We will only have DS with us and not sure what kind of a mood he will be in to trick or treat so just wondering if we will get them as well.

They give them to anyone attending the party. Why would they only give them to the kids? :)

Give some extra pieces to the flight attendants! I did that on a transatlantic flight once and the flight attendants loved me! Gave me first class headphones and extra drinks and snacks!

They give them to anyone attending the party. Why would they only give them to the kids? :)

Yup! They give them to anyone with an open bag. Some CMs just give a piece, some give a couple pieces, some give whole handfuls! Each treat trail has multiple stops, so you enter, everyone files to one cart, then onto another, and another, until the end. I don't know how they are laid out at WDW, but at DLR they used character meet queues whenever possible. So there was one trail in Toontown that went in through Minnie's house, then over to Mickey's house-that one had like 15 stops; another went through Goofy's playspace and Donald's boat! And another in Fantasyland went through the Pixie Hollow space, which is really well themed. Some were just out in the open, but CMs used ropes/tape to try to direct people on the actual path.

This will be my first time attending MNSSHP, is the candy that they give out during the party at any of the locations in the park unique to Disney at all or is it just regular candy you can buy at the store? I don't want to waste time at my very first party doing a trick-or-treat throughout the park for candy I can buy at the store.

Regular candy
There was a unique peep flavor but not sure it is only avail at Disney
I think it is more the novelty of trick or treating at MK than really getting the candy (except for little kids lol)

ETA last year they gave you your treat bag in the Main Street bypass along with your first trick or treat stop-it took only a minute or so and you got a small baggie filled with various goodies-even if you don't plan to trick or treat I'd stop there (assuming they do it again)

This will be my first time attending MNSSHP, is the candy that they give out during the party at any of the locations in the park unique to Disney at all or is it just regular candy you can buy at the store? I don't want to waste time at my very first party doing a trick-or-treat throughout the park for candy I can buy at the store.
A special Peep candy the last few years. It is normally good quality, brand name type candy. I will tell you, we love trick or treating during the party, but we make it a low priority compared to the other activities. We wait and do trick or treating around 11pm, and you can do it fast. The last two years, we have filled up our bags within 30 minutes. You can make good time going to the different stations, and we like to just loop back through some of the ones with multiple stations like the Tiki room. So I suggest saving it for later in the night.

just the kids but seeing as though everyone's a kid at Disney... (yes, adults get them too. they better with the cost of the tickets! :eek:

just regular candy but if you plan it right, you can get a lot of candy in just a short time while still enjoying all the festivities. Bring it home and use it for trick or treating on Halloween (if you're not at Disney for Halloween).

So far what I've read here & there Disney has not sent emails. People have been watching their MDE accounts and have noticed the FP's are gone. What is confusing is some have reported not loosing their FP's at all, just some are affected which begs the question why? What exactly do people have tied into their MDE accounts, AP, PH, party tickets and/or phantoms with/without resort? And how many days park days? It appears (I could be wrong) those with longer than 5 day tickets are experiencing difficulties when MNSSHP tickets are "somehow" attached to their profiles.

Again I am only going by with what I've read. My booking window doesn't open until the last week of August. I whole hardheartedly hope/wish fellow DIS'ers keep us informed on this thread and thank those that have.

Thursday was my day of booking FP for my trip 10/9-10/15 and I can tell you the really popular FP are going extremely fast. I set an alarm and was on the site ready to book by 7am and the FOP FPs were but extinct and that was what I tried for first. I was finally able to book one for Saturday of our trip (not my planned AK day, but I have a park hopper) for late afternoon as that was all that was left. I'm hoping I don't have to use it. I hoping to be able to ride FOP during EMH without a FP. Was able to snag a FEA FP for my planned Epcot day but it is also late afternoon and I was hoping to go back my room for a rest period. That FP seriously messes with my plan. Surprisingly I didn't book all of the FP that I could have. Some days I just booked one or two. Maybe one or two days with all 3 booked. With this extended trip planned I just feel like I can get most of what I want done. I have never been let down by a Disney trip in the past and I have never used FP before, so we shall see :)

Can you do this on the website? I can't get the app on my (outdated) phone. :( I can't find it on the site anywhere!

All photopass information can be found on my thread [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/"]Magic Shots - Current Listings[/URL]. It also includes WDW Official Facebook link to all magic shots located at the four parks. I highly suggest keeping that link on your phone too so you can show the photographer exactly what you're looking for. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter