"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have interest in character mwets but would love to SEE the charachters in costume.

I hear appt of people say not to bother with Trick or Treating and other things during the first hour. What do people recommend doing during the first hour? We aren't doing charachters so I want to use that time productively.

Do any mnsshp shopping you want to do or go on attractions.

Of course not all the trick or treat lines will be long in the beginning, but I've found that for the most part they are.

Going on 10/31 this year does anyone have any suggestions on the best trails for trick or treating. Last year the tiki room was a good trail as well as the side show. Any other trails with multiple stops?
Kenny the Pirate is saying the one in Storybook Circus will get you the most stops

I have a quick costume question. This is our first time attending. Are the eye masks that the incredibles family wear considered "masks"? Since their just around the eyes? I know masks are a no no. But just wasn't sure on the eye masks! Thanks everyone!

`
Are the tickets only available from WDW? or can we buy it from a third party? I noticed some other sites offer discounts, but not sure if it's legit.
I noticed that Undercovertourist.com has discounted tickets this year. They are totally legit.

Watched the video and noted that for the parade Pooh and Friends were not in costume. Mickey and friends were. Is that normal? Could it have been due to the rain (before the second parade)?

We don't have interest in character mwets but would love to SEE the charachters in costume.

I hear appt of people say not to bother with Trick or Treating and other things during the first hour. What do people recommend doing during the first hour? We aren't doing charachters so I want to use that time productively.
rides, getting the specialty desserts, trick-or-treating when you see a small line, taking pics of the characters from afar. Even though I would never wait more than 10 mins in a meet and greet line, I do like seeing the characters that have Halloween costumes.

We're going Sept 17. We are doing a quick weekend trip because Brian's AP for Universal runs out on that Saturday. So we are going to do Universal with 2 HHN, then MNSSHP on Sunday, then a CM friend might be getting us into AK on Monday. Still searching for that FOP FP.

I highly recommend the first parade. I used to always recommend the second, then they changed the time to 11:15 for the last parade. That last hour of the party is just too good to spend it waiting and watching a parade. Lots of people head out after the fireworks.

My plan in the last few years has been to watch the first parade, a good last minute spot is right in front of the train station. For some reason people don't really line up there.

If you want my planning expertise (and I have had some A+ plans in the past)..

Are you going to be in MK before the party or just going for the party? If just going for the party, do fast passes at 3:15-4:15 and so on. Do rides or eat during that 4-7 time. Don't try to trick or treat early on in the party, all the lines are usually very long. Unless you see a short line, save that for later in the night. If you fill up bags, put them away in a backpack and they will give you a new bag at the trails.

I would see the last Hocus Pocus. It starts at midnight so watching that will, in effect, extend your party time. I would keep an eye on the weather though, and if there is threat of rain watch it earlier.

When you watch the fireworks, make sure to check the left hand fenced in area (in front of Casey's) the other side is reserved for the dessert party but the left side is open and usually somewhat empty.

That will be cool. Someday we will hit HHN. Maybe when Alex is a little older.

We attend the last party on our arrival day, and we land about 10am. We are staying at Beach Club, so I think we will go over to Epcot for a light lunch from an F&W booth. We will then head to MK. We have an Ohana reservation about 4pm. We might get a drink at Trader Sam's if we have time, and then head back to MK. I think we will get back there by 6pm at the very latest. I am thinking of booking our first FP+ for 2:30 and then book the other two for 5:30 & 6:30pm. I wanted to do some of the stuff that closes early, ie Tom Sawyer Island and the riverboat, before we go to Ohana. We do have another day at MK, so we have some flexibility on what we have to do. I absolutely have to do Haunted Mansion on the party day, so that's one of our after dinner FP+.

The tip about hitting trick or treating later is good. Plus, that gives us less time to carry stuff around and hopefully less candy that we will try and eat. I want to save room for some of the special treats, especially those pumpkin waffles. I just realized yesterday that the left side could be open for fireworks. I thought that was reserved.

That will be cool. Someday we will hit HHN. Maybe when Alex is a little older.

We attend the last party on our arrival day, and we land about 10am. We are staying at Beach Club, so I think we will go over to Epcot for a light lunch from an F&W booth. We will then head to MK. We have an Ohana reservation about 4pm. We might get a drink at Trader Sam's if we have time, and then head back to MK. I think we will get back there by 6pm at the very latest. I am thinking of booking our first FP+ for 2:30 and then book the other two for 5:30 & 6:30pm. I wanted to do some of the stuff that closes early, ie Tom Sawyer Island and the riverboat, before we go to Ohana. We do have another day at MK, so we have some flexibility on what we have to do. I absolutely have to do Haunted Mansion on the party day, so that's one of our after dinner FP+.

The tip about hitting trick or treating later is good. Plus, that gives us less time to carry stuff around and hopefully less candy that we will try and eat. I want to save room for some of the special treats, especially those pumpkin waffles. I just realized yesterday that the left side could be open for fireworks. I thought that was reserved.

You'll want to hit HM after 7. Sometimes some of the CMs dress up early, but they will all be dressed up after 7 and the fog machines will be going and the two ghost women will be out. The line will be long for most of the party, but I would keep checking the ap or else go during the parade that you don't watch.

You'll want to hit HM after 7. Sometimes some of the CMs dress up early, but they will all be dressed up after 7 and the fog machines will be going and the two ghost women will be out. The line will be long for most of the party, but I would keep checking the ap or else go during the parade that you don't watch.

I am thinking of getting a 6:30 FP+ for HM and hitting it closer to 7:30pm. Would that work?

I may have missed this in all the posts. If so, sorry. We are headed down to MNSSHP in 3 weeks. Are they having the poison apple steins again this year or no? Kids were looking forward to scoring one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter