"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the link for the dates by predicted crowd size? We are trying to plan ahead incase Irma makes landfall and our party (12th) gets canceled again (happened 2x last year for Matthew). So, thinking of Sept 15. We had planned to be at Universal at that point but we can adjust. And if the 10th gets canceled and the 12th is fine, I'm thinking the 12th will be super busy due to folks switching their tix so we may want to switch anyway.
I think the party on the 12th looks more promising than ours on the 10th. I wonder if it's too early to see if Disney will allow us to switch our party to the 7th.

Just got off the phone. They basically told us tough luck, it all still happened, they aren't responsible for cast members giving us incorrect information. So, yeah, good luck! I will definitely not be buying tickets in advance again. Cast member was pretty abrupt and talked down to me like I was a child.

Hi everyone! Question...

A friend of mine got tickets for the Halloween party but apparently the email with the PDF got sent to an incorrect email address. 2 different reps at Disney have told her that they can not resend the email, but they gave her the ticket numbers and she was able to link them to her MDE account. However, she and her husband only have 1 day tickets and the Halloween party tickets, without a Resort reservation so they do not have magic bands. Both reps at Disney said they don't need the magic bands, just the app. I haven't been there in 4 years so a lot of this is new to me but is it true you can get into the park just by showing the tickets in your app??

Thanks!

Hi everyone! Question...

A friend of mine got tickets for the Halloween party but apparently the email with the PDF got sent to an incorrect email address. 2 different reps at Disney have told her that they can not resend the email, but they gave her the ticket numbers and she was able to link them to her MDE account. However, she and her husband only have 1 day tickets and the Halloween party tickets, without a Resort reservation so they do not have magic bands. Both reps at Disney said they don't need the magic bands, just the app. I haven't been there in 4 years so a lot of this is new to me but is it true you can get into the park just by showing the tickets in your app??

Thanks!
How did she get the 1-day tickets? If she has an RFID enabled card with the 1-day ticket, it will be able to access her MDE with the party entitlement. If she has no band or card at all, she will probably have to stop at guest services and have one issued for both her and her husband.

Does anyone have the link for the dates by predicted crowd size? We are trying to plan ahead incase Irma makes landfall and our party (12th) gets canceled again (happened 2x last year for Matthew). So, thinking of Sept 15. We had planned to be at Universal at that point but we can adjust. And if the 10th gets canceled and the 12th is fine, I'm thinking the 12th will be super busy due to folks switching their tix so we may want to switch anyway.

Page 1. Post #2.

What's the best number to call? What about emailing wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com? That's what I did on Saturday night.

And how did that work for you? Are you still waiting for a response? If you're at the park and you experience inclement weather like this past party your best choice is dealing with Guest Services at MK to resolve this issue. If the lines are too long you should then go to Guest Services/Concierge at your resort or call: (407) 939-5277 and REQUEST to speak to Guest Services.

And how did that work for you? Are you still waiting for a response? If you're at the park and you experience inclement weather like this past party your best choice is dealing with Guest Services at MK to resolve this issue. If the lines are too long you should then go to Guest Services/Concierge at your resort or call: (407) 939-5277 and REQUEST to speak to Guest Services.
I just got off the phone with Shea at guest services. She was bitter from hello so I tried to be brief and she flat out was interrupting me and repeated the same phrase.we do not handle these issues over the phone. Go to guest relations in park. I have no idea why she was so rude but Disney has been super disappointing this trip with the attitude.

I just got off the phone with Shea at guest services. She was bitter from hello so I tried to be brief and she flat out was interrupting me and repeated the same phrase.we do not handle these issues over the phone. Go to guest relations in park. I have no idea why she was so rude but Disney has been super disappointing this trip with the attitude.

If you were calling about compensation for party tickets she's correct in telling you it cannot be handled by Shades it has to go through WDW Guest Services. I agree, she should loose the attitude.

I'm still waiting for a response. I know it takes several days for them to get back to you. I'm at home now and I didn't go to Guest Services at MK during the party because of the really long line. I also didn't stay on property. Should I wait for an email response or go ahead and call the number you provided?

If you were calling about compensation for party tickets she's correct in telling you it cannot be handled by Shades it has to go through WDW Guest Services. I agree, she should loose the attitude.

What is Shades?

Shades? The cast member I spoke with was Shea. I didn't call shades of green

Hi everyone! Question...

Thanks!

I've never heard of this but @mesaboy2 would certainly know.

Oh, my bad! You spoke to "Shea" not Shades. Sorry, I need to slow down! I still wouldn't give up. I'd hound them for compensation but that's me. Knowing full well others have gotten some kind of resolve, I should too.

CALL!

So I should call and not wait for an email response?

Not sure if this number will get you somewhere but @MissMaryQC was having issues with FP's this person might get you to someone in charge?

Call this number: 407-939-7410 I've talked to Audra extention #5273198

Page 1. Post #2.
Thanks!! I skimmed the first post with all the info but didn't even think to go beyond that. Didn't realize the second post has a bunch of info as well.

Not that this excuses her attitude but she is correct - you have to do it at guest services. We ran into this problem a few years ago with a regular ticket. They wouldn't do anything over the phone.Thankfully, we were still at Disney and the CM at guest services was able to help us. That's a tough situation once you are back home. I think the best thing to do is to write down everything and see if you can get a print out of the weather for that night (kind of hard after the fact, but maybe) so that when you do go down next, you are armed with documentation, including the names of whom you talked with. Also - with this new hurricane looking like it is going to either come really close or actually hit mid FL, I am sure they are getting bombarded with calls. Again, doesn't excuse but she may be just trying to get to the next call as quickly as possible.

How did she get the 1-day tickets? If she has an RFID enabled card with the 1-day ticket, it will be able to access her MDE with the party entitlement. If she has no band or card at all, she will probably have to stop at guest services and have one issued for both her and her husband.

She bought them at AAA so I have no idea if they are plastic cards with a chip or if they're paper. I'll find out and go from there. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter