"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the party on the 12th looks more promising than ours on the 10th. I wonder if it's too early to see if Disney will allow us to switch our party to the 7th.
I know for DVC, you must be within the 7 day window of the storm and there must be a warning issued for the policy to take effect. I don't know if the policy is different for tickets and regular reservations.

Hi everyone! Question...

A friend of mine got tickets for the Halloween party but apparently the email with the PDF got sent to an incorrect email address. 2 different reps at Disney have told her that they can not resend the email, but they gave her the ticket numbers and she was able to link them to her MDE account. However, she and her husband only have 1 day tickets and the Halloween party tickets, without a Resort reservation so they do not have magic bands. Both reps at Disney said they don't need the magic bands, just the app. I haven't been there in 4 years so a lot of this is new to me but is it true you can get into the park just by showing the tickets in your app??

Thanks!

I've never heard of this but @mesaboy2 would certainly know.

I've not heard of this either and am skeptical this would work.

I would plan to stop by a Guest Relations with those ticket numbers before attempting to enter.

We were told Lotso was not signing. Spouse is pretty sure he saw Jane signing.

Thank you too. I'll deal with no Bear if necessary. But Jane is my number 2 wanted signature after Megara from Hercules, even before Esmeralda from Hunchback.

Thank you for the info! Do you just buy the video when you go and purchase whatever pics you want from that night if you dont have the MM? Ive only bought pictures that were printed and sent to me so not sure how it works :)
I am not sure about the videos but I remember playing the regular Tinkerbell video before activating my memory maker.

Here is a thread about photopass and maybe you can get a better answer there. Have fun planning!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-about-photopass-and-memory-maker.3566699/

So question with memory maker, which probably had already been answered... so, you can buy it after you get photos taken, let's say a day after? If so, how can you make sure you get a one day memory maker?

So question with memory maker, which probably had already been answered... so, you can buy it after you get photos taken, let's say a day after? If so, how can you make sure you get a one day memory maker?

Yes, you can. The option for the one-day Memory Maker only shows up once you've had a photo taken in the park. You can't pre-purchase it, or at least you couldn't a few months ago. I haven't seen that that has changed.

Yes, you can. The option for the one-day Memory Maker only shows up once you've had a photo taken in the park. You can't pre-purchase it, or at least you couldn't a few months ago. I haven't seen that that has changed.

Sweet that works out for us perfectly then. He pays $30, I pay $30.

Question about the HalloWishes fireworks show. We were wanting to watch the fireworks but will not have tickets to the party. Are there places outside MK where you can watch the fireworks and hear the piped music? Can you watch them from the transportation /ticket center or is Disney discouraging crowds there by not providing the Halloween music? Where would you recommend watching the fireworks?

Question about the HalloWishes fireworks show. We were wanting to watch the fireworks but will not have tickets to the party. Are there places outside MK where you can watch the fireworks and hear the piped music? Can you watch them from the transportation /ticket center or is Disney discouraging crowds there by not providing the Halloween music? Where would you recommend watching the fireworks?
The Contemporary Resort has an outdoor patio area that is an awesome area to watch. It has the music and it has a cool look with the monorail coming by. We went up the outside stairwell a few levels and could see great. EasyWDW did a post about it once, you could probably google it to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

You need to have at least one photo in your PhotoPass account, that's how the system knows to select and limit you to that one specific day. On the MDE app, tap on the three bars at the top left of the screen. Select "PhotoPass" (NOT Memory Maker) and then choose a photo. The next screen will give you three options: 1. Unlimited downloads of Your Vacation Photos for $169.00, 2. Unlimited downloads of Your Photos for This Day for $59.00 and 3. Unlimited downloads of This Photo for $14.95. Choose the second option and make sure the date you want is the one that is listed.

It's all posted over here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/"]Magic Shots - Current Listings[/URL] Might want to check out this site :-)

Can anyone tell me if the Hallowishes fireworks have the light projections like HEA? Trying to decide which dessert party we want to attend.
There are some projections during Hallowishes, but nothing like HEA. If you are choosing between the HEA dessert party and the MNSSHP dessert party, the garden view would be much more beneficial for HEA.

We entered at 3:20 and had to go back to get it. At 7 we walked right up and got the shot. ( maybe could have before that )

I could be wrong, but I don't think they do the headless horseman shot till closer to 7:00 (maybe earlier as the sunset gets earlier) because I think it needs to be dark for it to turn out correctly.

It's looking like the parties on the 7th and 12th are about to get a large bump in attendance, courtesy of Madame Irma. That is, unless people just stay home altogether.

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the best place to post this but it is important for airline travelers!

Your candy or any goodies from Disney and MNSSHP are now considered dangerous and if in your carry on's all the candy will need to be inspected so I suggest putting in your checked luggage. This is new and not all airports are doing this yet but Orlando is, it started two weeks ago. We had tons of candy from our party and some other snacks and it all was searched and wiped down so a big pain! The TSA worker was very nice and said unfortunately bomb making material is now being hidden in candy, snacks, books, magazines, and IPad devices.

We did get all our candy back and it was not real busy yesterday at the airport so did not detain us long and we were there super early thanks to ME!

We had a great party on 8/29/17!

Your candy or any goodies from Disney and MNSSHP are now considered dangerous and if in your carry on's all the candy will need to be inspected so I suggest putting in your checked luggage. This is new and not all airports are doing this yet but Orlando is, it started two weeks ago. We had tons of candy from our party and some other snacks and it all was searched and wiped down so a big pain! The TSA worker was very nice and said unfortunately bomb making material is now being hidden in candy, snacks, books, magazines, and IPad devices.

thank you for this info. Will pack extra ziplocs for candy.

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the best place to post this but it is important for airline travelers!

We did get all our candy back and it was not real busy yesterday at the airport so did not detain us long and we were there super early thanks to ME!

We had a great party on 8/29/17!

We took our candy through the Orlando airport in our carry on bags on 8/31 (Thursday) without an issue. 4 travelers, with 4 bags of candy and no one was stopped. Two travelers went through PSA Pre-check, and two others through the regular line.

Apologies for what I'm sure is a really dumb question. I've seen people mentioning having paper tickets and/or card tickets. I bought my party tickets online and linked them to MDE. I never got any kind of physical ticket. We have magic bands - I'm assuming I can just tap my magic band and they'll "see" my party ticket - or do I also need some physical ticket as well?
I received plastic card tickets. Wasn't expecting them but I'm going to use them just for peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter