• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In January we had to exit the park to get our lanyards, which was very annoying. I got my DVC discounted ticket for June 30. DVC says, no confirmation email, and they will not mail anything, they just give you a code to link to in MDE (it worked).

I see the dates tickets went on sale for the Jan-March 2018 DAH dates. Does anyone remember when they were announced? Hoping one will fall on the Friday we’re thinking about going in 2019.

I see the dates tickets went on sale for the Jan-March 2018 DAH dates. Does anyone remember when they were announced? Hoping one will fall on the Friday we’re thinking about going in 2019.

It was announced / tickets went on sale the same day - 9/14/2017. It was several months earlier than for the same time period the year before. I'm tempted to think timing could be similar this year, but if you had asked me last week if they'd do summer DAH dates, I would have bet against it. :-)

It was announced / tickets went on sale the same day - 9/14/2017. It was several months earlier than for the same time period the year before. I'm tempted to think timing could be similar this year, but if you had asked me last week if they'd do summer DAH dates, I would have bet against it. :-)

Thanks for the reply! And I was also surprised about the summer DAH dates!

I have 2 questions, in February we did after hours and we bought tickets online can that not be done this time?
Also last time I bought them my daughter and I were annual pass holders so we got the discount this time we are not but my son is. Would he be able to buy all the tickets at the annual pass discount or just his??

I have 2 questions, in February we did after hours and we bought tickets online can that not be done this time?
Also last time I bought them my daughter and I were annual pass holders so we got the discount this time we are not but my son is. Would he be able to buy all the tickets at the annual pass discount or just his??

At the moment, tickets are only available by calling (407) 827-7185, they aren't available online. Somewhat odd, but they did the same with MNSSHP and MVMCP this year (dates announced, tickets on sale by phone only at first, then later added online).

Good question on the AP holder being able to buy other other discounted tickets, I'm not sure?

Booked July 28! Arrival day. Going to be crazy, but all the reviews make it seem worth it. My daughter and I are going to ride rides and eat all the Mickey bars we can (and sneak some back to the hotel room?)

Quick question

I already have two days dedicated to Magic Kingdom and one of those have EMH till Midnight

Is it even worth it for me to do this Disney after hours?

Just bought 4 tickets with my AP discount for July 9th. I had to rearrange the 9th and 10th, but I am very excited for this. We love MK at night and since it is July it will be cooler for us. One ticket was for my three year old granddaughter. I wish the children's tickets were a little less than the adult tickets, but not that big of a deal. Love that they are having it in summer, but sad that the hours for the rest of our trip probably won't be extended beyond the 10:00 close now.

Booked July 28! Arrival day. Going to be crazy, but all the reviews make it seem worth it. My daughter and I are going to ride rides and eat all the Mickey bars we can (and sneak some back to the hotel room?)
You forgot about the popcorn! And yes you can take some ice cream to the hotel lol. We ended up taking gallon ziplock bags to pour our popcorn in and took some back to the hotel with us to eat later.

Quick question

I already have two days dedicated to Magic Kingdom and one of those have EMH till Midnight

Is it even worth it for me to do this Disney after hours?
Yes it's still worth it. The amount of things you can get done during DAH is amazing and it's so much fun to walk around the park with so few people. Plus, you get unlimited snacks which is great! We got some good pictures in the park with hardly anyone else in them which we've never had before. Could you switch one of your MK days to a different park? When we went in March we changed our 4 day tickets to 3 days and did DAH in place of a park ticket.

You forgot about the popcorn! And yes you can take some ice cream to the hotel lol. We ended up taking gallon ziplock bags to pour our popcorn in and took some back to the hotel with us to eat later.

My daughter asked if we could bring a bag that keeps things cold and fill in (we have a cool Disneyland one that we use fro groceries). But that might be a a big big :)

My daughter asked if we could bring a bag that keeps things cold and fill in (we have a cool Disneyland one that we use fro groceries). But that might be a a big big :)
Honestly, we could barely find the time to sit and eat ice cream. Our first snack stop we did stop over by the bathrooms near Space, but after that it was hard to eat ice cream because they won't let you take them in the queues for rides. We wanted to do rides majority of the time so it was just really hard to get ourselves to stop and scarf down ice cream lol

I think by the time you get back to your room, your Mickey bars will be Mickey bar soup! :teeth:

I bought 4 tickets. Only my two sons have annual passes and we all got the discount.

If you have dinner reservations at comtempary lets say,

Can you leave there after HEA, and then go in for after hours?

Would that be hard to do with people leaving, or will there be a place where I can enter at 10pm? Thanks

We have just booked for 7th July, all linked on to MDE. So exciting. Just trying to decide on a resort for this 1 night now. Unfortunately the Contemporary is out with the budget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter