"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Thanks, that's good to know! Oh, another crazy question - what do people do with their candy when they're riding roller coasters, etc.? I'm guessing just putting it in a zip-up backpack and stuffing it by their feet? Do you get a trick-or-treat bag with admission to the party? I know people say don't "waste time" with trick-or-treating, when you can buy candy at home, but I think we'll get a lot of push back from our eight-year-old if we try to skip it - I know she's more interested in that than the meet and greets.

Trick or treating with your kids is a must! This is the only time you get to play dress up and go trick or treating with them. This is one of the best perks Disney offers so pay no attention to nay Sayers, play with your kids!!!
Yes. you'll get treat bags, keep them in the bins and you'll be good to go!

Some bring totes and/or zip-lock bags.

As a person going solo and interested in everything but candy, I'd prefer not to go trick or treating but when I'm with my family I would not miss it for the world! We love it!

How bad is the line to get in at 4? I was able to get a dining reservation at 4 and wonder if I will be too late to make it there. Thanks

If your ADR is at 4pm you'll have to go through the regular entrance. You should arrive no later then 3:30 at KM entrance just tell the CM's you have a 4pm ADR and they will check, once confirmed they'll let you in.
Do you have a regular park day that day at MK? If yes, then you can just walk in and with your costumes too.

@Cluelyss recommends 3:15-3:30 and I agree. It will take time with the CM and to walk to your ADR location but just to be clear, you need to use the REGULAR park entrance, do NOT stand in the MNSSHP entrance!

Yes, we live right outside of NYC and school is closed those days here. First day of school is actually Sept. 5, so there's school for three days before being off for the weekend and Rosh Hashana. My daughter's only going into 1st grade, but I cleared being out of town with her principal just in case. So our family is taking advantage of an awesome deal (DVC rental) I stumbled upon. :)

This is actually our first September trip. I've heard good things about the week after Labor Day (putting aside the heat/humidity) so I'm interested to give it a try. Glad to hear that you love going that week. Based on your posts, I trust your opinion! ;)

Anyway, I'm still torn! I think I want to do DHS on a Sunday or Monday to give us a chance to rope drop Slinky Dog since the AP mornings happen every other day in Sept. But our arrival and departure both fall on Mondays, so that probably leaves Sunday, 9/9 as the best choice for DHS. The Friday, 9/7 party is the date the "Ultimate Fall" package people have tickets for, but I doubt that will make too much of a dent. I do wonder if Disney picked that date for that package due to low crowd estimates, even though it's a Friday.

Some of the lowest crowds we’ve ever experienced at Disney have been in that early Sept time frame. Granted it’s hot as blazes (I find it worse than July heat we just experienced a few weeks ago) and you have more of a calculated risk with hurricane season.

Full disclosure, I’m still chasing the memories of one of those random, magical trips in Sept 2015 that was low crowds at every turn and what I consider a very low crowd MNSSHP. I’ve never quite been able to repeat that exact magic since, but early Sept has the right conditions for it to happen. :-)

But anyway, reading your comments/plans, it sounds to me like Friday is you better option. Usually when I find myself in a “which park, when” debate, if I pick whatever works best for the flow of the trip, it all works out.

Plus maybe you do the Friday party and have so much fun you decide to go back Sun night. :rolleyes1

If your ADR is at 4pm you'll have to go through the regular entrance. You should arrive no later then 3:30 at KM entrance just tell the CM's you have a 4pm ADR and they will check, once confirmed they'll let you in.
Do you have a regular park day that day at MK? If yes, then you can just walk in and with your costumes too.

@Cluelyss recommends 3:15-3:30 and I agree. It will take time with the CM and to walk to your ADR location but just to be clear, you need to use the REGULAR park entrance, do NOT stand in the MNSSHP entrance!

Thank you for the information. So I will get there around 3:30 and go to the regular entrance and tell them I have an ADR for 4:00. I do not plan on using a regular ticket that day as it is our break day.

can you get away with wearing a princess gown if you are an adult? May be way too hot 9/3 to do that though. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Some of the lowest crowds we’ve ever experienced at Disney have been in that early Sept time frame. Granted it’s hot as blazes (I find it worse than July heat we just experienced a few weeks ago) and you have more of a calculated risk with hurricane season.

Full disclosure, I’m still chasing the memories of one of those random, magical trips in Sept 2015 that was low crowds at every turn and what I consider a very low crowd MNSSHP. I’ve never quite been able to repeat that exact magic since, but early Sept has the right conditions for it to happen. :-)

But anyway, reading your comments/plans, it sounds to me like Friday is you better option. Usually when I find myself in a “which park, when” debate, if I pick whatever works best for the flow of the trip, it all works out.

Plus maybe you do the Friday party and have so much fun you decide to go back Sun night. :rolleyes1
Here's to hoping for a cold, dry spell.
Don't worry, I've already considered just going to all three parties. :genie:

We have done two Halloween parties in one week before. My husband proposed to me during HalloWishes at the second MNSSHP we went to on that trip, so, you know. Sometimes good things happen when you give Disney more of your money.

Thank you for the information. So I will get there around 3:30 and go to the regular entrance and tell them I have an ADR for 4:00. I do not plan on using a regular ticket that day as it is our break day.

Make sure you tell them that too, make sure you show them your party ticket. I would hate for the CM to accidentally scan your wristband and take a park day! ;)

Make sure you tell them that too, make sure you show them your party ticket. I would hate for the CM to accidentally scan your wristband and take a park day! ;)

I only have my party ticket on the app so I will make sure prior to going through that they are using the party ticket. Thanks as always Foxy one.

can you get away with wearing a princess gown if you are an adult? May be way too hot 9/3 to do that though. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yes and you will be super uber hot wearing it. That type of costume is better in late October when the humidity is low and the temps are cooler. You'd be better served in a light weight Jasmine costume:
upload_2018-7-24_15-6-4.png

Something that flows and is open, slits on the slide legs up to the thighs. ::yes::

Here's to hoping for a cold, dry spell.
Don't worry, I've already considered just going to all three parties. :genie:

We have done two Halloween parties in one week before. My husband proposed to me during HalloWishes at the second MNSSHP we went to on that trip, so, you know. Sometimes good things happen when you give Disney more of your money.
:rotfl2: Congratulations! Did you get married in the fall?

Yes and you will be super uber hot wearing it. That type of costume is better in late October when the humidity is low and the temps are cooler. You'd be better served in a light weight Jasmine costume:
View attachment 339288

Something that flows and is open, slits on the slide legs up to the thighs. ::yes::

I guess I was just hoping to live my dream of being a Disney Princess ;);););) if only for one night. :jumping1:but Jasmine could work too!

I don’t ‘think’ they typically have an AP line set up for MNSSHP. If they do, I have not noticed it and/or needed it.

Someone I’m sure will correct me if I’m mistaken.

The last that I remember from a few years ago, there is an AP line and it stays open period. Again this is old news. It has not been brought up in years.

I don’t ‘think’ they typically have an AP line set up for MNSSHP. If they do, I have not noticed it and/or needed it.

Someone I’m sure will correct me if I’m mistaken.
I’ve never noticed it either, but we always go right at 4 when only a few lines are dedicated party entrances. The regular AP line is likely still open, but if you’re entering before 7 with non-passholders, you’d need to use the party entrance regardless. Otherwise, I’m sure you could use the regular AP entrance.

I’ve never noticed it either, but we always go right at 4 when only a few lines are dedicated party entrances. They may open an AP line at 7?.

Do they still have check in places inside for guests that were in the park? If so I would guess you could go through with a valid AP and just go to one of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter