"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Just clarifying. I bought tickets for 3 members of our party, I am not attending. They won't have magic bands.

Can I collect the tickets prior to the party? and if so where?
I have the e-mail confirmation, the relevant credit card and my photo ID.

If you're not staying at a resort you can pick up your special tickets at any Walt Disney World Resort park ticket sales location. The location at Magic Kingdom Park is to the right of the entrance turnstiles when facing the park.

Guest Relations/Ticket Booth
upload_2018-7-25_1-56-14.png

Last edited:
What character lines are the fastest (preferably <30 minutes)? I know the lines for Moana, 7 Dwarfs, and Jack & Sally are very long and are okay missing them. We might just meet characters with quick lines and spend the rest of our time watching shows/parades and riding rides.

What character lines are the fastest (preferably <30 minutes)? I know the lines for Moana, 7 Dwarfs, and Jack & Sally are very long and are okay missing them. We might just meet characters with quick lines and spend the rest of our time watching shows/parades and riding rides.

The majority of characters will come out at 7pm minus the ones listed above, the only characters that have the lowest wait at that time is Pirate Goofy, Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear, and Jafar. Some lines will go down considerably later in the evening too.

It does matter what party you're attending.

Last edited:
I bought my tickets over the phone last week for the party and received a hard ticket/card yesterday in the mail. Not sure why it wasn’t put on my MB since we have a package deal. But for those saying you don’t get one, that’s not entirely true.
No one is saying you can’t get hard tickets, only that you cannot get a hard ticket prior to arrival on property if you selected email delivery at the time of purchase. Generally, those purchased over the phone will be mailed out, and you can also select to have them mailed when you purchase online. You just can’t go back and change the delivery method post-transaction.

Got our tickets for 9/16 :thumbsup2 This will be our 4th MNSSHP but we haven't been since 2014, so I'm excited to see the Hocus Pocus show. Last time we went it was still the Villains stage show although they'd gotten rid of the meet and greet afterward, which was seriously one of the best parts of the night at our 2 previous parties!
Since some have mentioned attending the 1st party of the season and someone posted a pic of the line to get in to last years' 1st party, I just need to say WOW! We did the 1st party in 2014 and it was DEAD; SO not crowded, it was awesome. Yes the bloggers were there but that didn't matter; perfect spots for both parades (and we walked up to our front row spot for the 2nd parade as it was starting), perfect spot in the HUB for HalloWishes and the stage show, no lines for Trick or Treating or any rides and by 10:30 7DMT didn't go over 20 minutes. Some character lines were long of course, but we got on line for Jack and Sally at 5:50 and were done by 7:12 which wasn't bad and met the Old Hag with no wait at 8:30. Whole party was awesome. I know not to expect this at our party, just sharing that the 1st party of the season, at least that one year, was perfect :goodvibes

I wonder and this is purely speculation if at a specific time they close all the tapstiles EXCEPT the party entrance like at 7pm since that's when the Official Party begins and the majority of us are already inside? Some people do arrive at that time, maybe because they don't know better or what have you. I honestly don't know, I've never arrived that late before.

giphy.gif

I will raise my hand as someone who arrives at that time. :-)

I’m such a lame party-goer!

I know there is a limit to the number of tickets you can get with the AP/DVC discount.

If I buy one ticket today using one of those discounts, can I buy another ticket at a later date and get the discount? Or can you only use the discount for one purchase?

(I definitely want to go, so I want to buy my ticket. But what if a friend who does not have AP or DVC decides at a later date that they want to join me and I want to buy their ticket for them? Can I get the discount for the second purchase?)

I know there is a limit to the number of tickets you can get with the AP/DVC discount.

If I buy one ticket today using one of those discounts, can I buy another ticket at a later date and get the discount? Or can you only use the discount for one purchase?

(I definitely want to go, so I want to buy my ticket. But what if a friend who does not have AP or DVC decides at a later date that they want to join me and I want to buy their ticket for them? Can I get the discount for the second purchase?)

Yes you can do that.

I bought my tickets over the phone last week for the party and received a hard ticket/card yesterday in the mail. Not sure why it wasn’t put on my MB since we have a package deal. But for those saying you don’t get one, that’s not entirely true.

Not yet...

That’s weird. I purchased 3 nights of Halloween party tickets and they all show up in My Disney Experience.

Not sure if applies to your situations, but there is a difference in how Disney handles things when buying party tickets online vs over the phone.

When you buy tickets over the phone, those tickets are not automatically linked to any specific person/MDX profile. Even though you give them your name and info, they are just tickets that aren’t assigned to anyone in Disney’s system. You can manually link them to your MDX profile with the confirmation number provided if you so desire. A hard ticket card will arrive in the mail in approx 7-10 days. But if one doesn’t manually link the party tickets to your account - there isn’t any connection between the two.

When you buy tickets online, you have to associate those tickets with a specific guest/MDX profile. When you complete that purchase, they’ll show up in your MDX profile automatically. In addition, when purchasing online, you can choose to have hard tickets available for pickup at will call or have them mailed to you.

Hope that all makes sense!

From what I'm reading you would get a hard copy if you said mailed and not emailed to you. That may be why.
But even if one chooses mail, the confirmation number can be used to link the tickets immediately after purchase. Maybe the OP having the issue needs to manually link the tickets with the confirmation number.

Not sure if applies to your situations, but there is a difference in how Disney handles things when buying party tickets online vs over the phone.

When you buy tickets over the phone, those tickets are not automatically linked to any specific person/MDX profile. Even though you give them your name and info, they are just tickets that aren’t assigned to anyone in Disney’s system. You can manually link them to your MDX profile with the confirmation number provided if you so desire. A hard ticket card will arrive in the mail in approx 7-10 days. But if one doesn’t manually link the party tickets to your account - there isn’t any connection between the two.

When you buy tickets online, you have to associate those tickets with a specific guest/MDX profile. When you complete that purchase, they’ll show up in your MDX profile automatically. In addition, when purchasing online, you can choose to have hard tickets available for pickup at will call or have them mailed to you.

Hope that all makes sense!
I should read all the responses before I reply...lol.

Another question...it doesn't list Mickey at Town Square open during the party...so does he usually meet somewhere else during the party? Is he dressed up? Is it a popular meet?

Probably a silly question... Do they have special popcorn buckets you can purchase? (And refill at a discount?)

Another question...it doesn't list Mickey at Town Square open during the party...so does he usually meet somewhere else during the party? Is he dressed up? Is it a popular meet?
Where is he not listed? Historically he has met at Town Square and yes, in costume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter