"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We're leaving tomorrow and my son was going to bring his wooden sword. It's pretty beat up and I don't think it would be mistaken as a real sword but does anyone else have experience with this? He's going to be a pirate

I am going on a solo trip Halloween week and am seriously considering doing the party on 10/30. My only reservation is that I'm obviously by myself and am worried I'm going to spend the money and end up not having as good of a time because I'm by myself. I've been on a solo trip before, and my loneliest times were at night in the parks so I generally avoided them for the most part, but the party does look like a lot of fun (and not something my husband or girls ever want to do). Any thoughts or opinions?

I am going on a solo trip Halloween week and am seriously considering doing the party on 10/30. My only reservation is that I'm obviously by myself and am worried I'm going to spend the money and end up not having as good of a time because I'm by myself. I've been on a solo trip before, and my loneliest times were at night in the parks so I generally avoided them for the most part, but the party does look like a lot of fun (and not something my husband or girls ever want to do). Any thoughts or opinions?

How much fun is how much you make of it. I will be solo this Sunday and intend to have a blast. Go in with the attitude you will have fun and you will. Have realistic expectations and realize you may not get to do everything and that it will have some busy areas. That's my plan to have fun.

How much fun is how much you make of it. I will be solo this Sunday and intend to have a blast. Go in with the attitude you will have fun and you will. Have realistic expectations and realize you may not get to do everything and that it will have some busy areas. That's my plan to have fun.
I'll be there this Sunday too! Going with my daughter and sister. I'm hoping it won't be unbearably hot...I don't do humidity too well!

Wondering if someone can help answer my question, or if I should post this on the DVC board somewhere. I am staying with my friends who have a DVC reservation and are DVC members. We're going to the party on 10/2. They are going down a few days before me, and I'm going to be heading straight to the party after I park at BLT. I know DVC members and their guests (assuming people on the room reservation so that means me), can get in as early as 2PM for the party. They'll already be in the park. Do I have to text them to come out and meet me at the gate so I can get in earlier than 4PM or will my ticket/magic band show that I'm on a DVC room reservation and I'll be let in early? I didn't get a park ticket for this day as I'm not arriving until 1PM in Orlando. Any help would be appreciated!

I am staying with my friends who have a DVC reservation and are DVC members... They'll already be in the park. Do I have to text them to come out and meet me at the gate so I can get in earlier than 4PM or will my ticket/magic band show that I'm on a DVC room reservation and I'll be let in early? I didn't get a park ticket for this day as I'm not arriving until 1PM in Orlando.

Usually to use a DVC benefit, the member has to show their DVC card and their photo ID. If you want to use a Halloween ticket to enter the park before 4:00, I would think you would have to enter with the DVC member. However, I did not try to enter early so I am not speaking from first hand experience.

Usually to use a DVC benefit, the member has to show their DVC card and their photo ID. If you want to use a Halloween ticket to enter the park before 4:00, I would think you would have to enter with the DVC member. However, I did not try to enter early so I am not speaking from first hand experience.
I’ve also read that the card and ID are required to enter at 2, so yes, I’d think you’d need them there with you to enter.

Priorities

Characters: 7 Dwarfs, Minnie, Mickey
Dance Partys: Disney Jr Jam, Monsters Party
Enterainment: Headless Horseman, Boo to You, Hocus Pocus, Hallowishes
Rides: 7DMT, Space Mountain
Shopping/Snacks
Magic Shots

Secondary Priorities

Characters: Jack Sparrow, Moana, Cruella, Jafar, Abu, Genie (in order of importance)
Dance Partys: Zootopia Party
Rides: Haunted Mansion, Pirates

We will ToT as we see things but it is not a huge priority

2018 MNSSHP Itinerary

September 25, 2018
11:10 - 1:10 Chef Mickey for Lunch
1:30 – 2:00 ticket sales to activate Annual Passes and get MNSSHP tickets
2:00 - 2:30 Pictures/Parade
2:30 - 2:45 Pick up Sorcerers Card
2:45 - 3:05 FP Winnie the Pooh (FP is from 2:05-3:05 If we miss not a big deal)
3:20 – 3:45 Peter Pan Flight (FP 3:20-4:20)
3:45 – 4:20 Shop/Snacks/Pictures
4:20 - 4:50 Big Thunder (FP 4:20-5:20 we will each ride individually but both have FPs, if we need to miss we can, have FP on another day)
5:00 – 7:00 TAG TEAM 7 Dwarfs Line while one gets food, eat dinner while in line/Shopping at Big top/Possible 7DMT depending on line
7:00 - 7:45 TAG TEAM Minnie/7DMT
7:45 - 8:05 TAG TEAM Disney Jr Party/Space Mountain go early depending on Minnie Line
8:05-8:25 TAG TEAM Monsters Party/Space Mountain
8:25-8:50 Meet Mickey (use bypass if open to get to Mickey)
8:50 - 9:45 9:15 Headless Horseman/Zootopia Party? Boo To-You Parade at Casey’s/Hub???
9:30 - 10:30 10:15 Castle Show and Happy HalloWishes in front of Casey's

This is where I need help would you do rides or characters the last hour and a half of the party from secondary list or am I too jammed and need to space out some of the stuff before the Parade and Fireworks. Or should I skip first parade and do everything during first parade and catch the 10:45 Hocus Pocus and 11:15 Parade? Or should I change everything around...any advice or tips will be great!

11:59-12:20 Hocus Pocus

Questions, these may be answered somewhere but havent been able to read everything as of yet:
As a DVC Member will we get our band upon entering at 2:00 or will we pick it up at sales when we get our tickets?
If MNSSHP tickets are showing in MDE do we have to pick those up at the window?
How early can we get the sorcerers card?
Is Child Swap available or do we each have to stand in the standby line?

Thanks in advance for all the Help!

I just have a few pieces of advice. I prefer to watch the first parade. Many reasons for this. I think it can take just as long to get a front row spot for the first as for the second depending on crowds. That last hour of the party can be much better for riding rides and meeting characters. If there is any rain in the forecast I would definitely be sure to see the first.

What I would do is watch the first parade from in front of the train station on main street. For some reason those spots stay open longer. When the last float is coming, I would then beat the crowd into Mickey's Theater to meet Mickey, that should have a very short or non-existent wait. Then, depending on the time you could head to get your fireworks spot. While waiting for the parade, or on the way there, that would also be a good time to get your sorcerer's card in case they aren't handing them out when you enter early.

We are heading to Orlando for a week long family reunion trip in the middle of October. The only time we will hit Disney park is the MNSSHP, mostly will be on 10/16. After reading through this super helpful post, we knew that we simply can’t do it all, so we set our priorities and here is the plan, along with some questions we are still a little bit confused. Our party will be myself, DH, DDs, 3 and 5. We are planning seeing the first parade, if DDs are in good mood after fireworks, anything after that will be bonus.

These are the priorities.
1) Meet Jack and Sally
2) as many as possible party magic shots
3) ToT
4) parade and fireworks

So here is the plan. Is it doable?
1) lineup at the entrance around 3:30, get into park at 4:00. Going through bypass for pics and 1st bag of treats. Question, can we go back to Main Street for a quick way to Jack/Sally MG and more pics on the way instead of going all the way to the end of bypass to the tomorrow land terrace?

2) lineup for Jack/Sally, during the waiting time, one of us go getting Jack the skeleton pop ups and some other party special treats. Hopefully we will be done with J/S around 5:30. Since we want to get the party magic shot at HM, so we want to hang out in this area till 7. So far the ideas we have are ride HM, the small world, lantern magic shot, CHH for dinner. Question, is HM too intense for 5 and 3 yo?

3) after the HM magic shot, continue to Fantasyland, ToT and more rides. Peter Pan probably will be out of the way due to the possible long lines, the rest rides which DDs will be interested are carrousel, Pooh, Dumbo, little mermaid and junior dance party.

4) moving to frontier land for the less crowded parade view, DH want to try the special from Pecos. Watch parade.

5) after the parade, move towards Main Street for fireworks. After finding the spot, maybe doing the party magic shots on Main Street while waiting for the fireworks.

5) after fireworks, if DDs hold up pretty good, going back to fantasy land for more MG. Queen of the heart/ Tweddle, Alice/Matter, and 7D.

Wow, even though we have priorities, still seems too much! Should we cut back even more?

Two more questions,
1) is there any onsite resort that will have pretty decorations like they normally do during the Christmas season? If so, which one is the must do?
2) can I reuse my MB from last trip and link the online purchased tickets to that MB? If so, do I need to go to CS station?

Thank you so much for any suggestions and advice! We really appreciate any input! Man, planning a Disney trip, even for a day, feels like a full time job!

I would not try to do things before getting in line for Jack and Sally. That line will grow very quickly around 4.

You can reuse your magic bands from other trips.

You do have a lot on your plan. I think it's ok to keep it, just pick two or three must dos and don't be too upset if you can't get to absolutely everything. You should be able to get plenty of magic shots, just be sure you know where they all are. Maybe write out a little piece of paper with a list and locations (@FoxC63 keeps a fantastic list of these) and then you won't forget any.

For the person asking about DVC early entry - I

I’ve been thinking since I posted this. I don’t know if a DVC member who already got their party wristband can come back out of the park and get a non-dvc member in before 2:00. If they were allowed to do that, then they could get 7 (I think that’s the number) people in, then exit the park 5 minutes later and get another 7 people in, and repeat.

I just don’t know what the rule is.

We are going to the Oct. 11 party. Me, my mom (67) and 2 DD (15&16). My DDs want to meet Moana. I know she comes out at 5:45. What time do I need to get in line. We do have FP for HM 3:40-4:40 and Splash at 4:45-5:45. Can we tag team or since my kiddos are older would that be frowned upon.(which is fine).

For the person asking about DVC early entry - I

I’ve been thinking since I posted this. I don’t know if a DVC member who already got their party wristband can come back out of the park and get a non-dvc member in before 2:00. If they were allowed to do that, then they could get 7 (I think that’s the number) people in, then exit the park 5 minutes later and get another 7 people in, and repeat.

I just don’t know what the rule is.
My thoughts are they would need to exit the park and all go in together and get wristbands at same time

My thoughts are they would need to exit the park and all go in together and get wristbands at same time

And that would only work if the DVC member, who wanted to enter the Magic Kingdom before the friend got there, had an Annual Pass or other theme park admission to use to get in the park the first time.

Where do the Zootopia characters start their part of the parade? I was planning to watch from Frontierland, but my daughter loves the Zootopia chars.

Do you know if the other wristband locations are giving out bands prior to 4pm? We'll already be in the park so I'm wondering if it's worth it to go back out and get our wristbands, if they're starting there earlier then other locations.

Thanks!
I’m pretty sure they all start at the same time. It would only be worth it if you happen to be on main street near the entrance near 4pm. Otherwise, get your wristbands at the closest location to where you are.

Sorry, a bit late to this thread.

You've uncovered our secret place for fireworks watching. Yes, you don't get the castle effects, but you do get the music and the Fireworks are in perfect view from here.

I think it was @Best Aunt who originally let the cat out of the bag! ;) Good to see so many confirmations and have additional places to view them! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter