• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We're first timers going to the party on 11/29. Do most people attend parties just to meet rare characters like Moana and the 7 Dwarfs? We were primarily hoping for shorter ride lines and a fun parade and I was wondering if a lot of the guests that attend will be wrapped up in meet & greet lines, therefore making ride lines shorter?

Also, are the rides at the Christmas parties any different than during the daytime?

Hi! We're first timers going to the party on 11/29. Do most people attend parties just to meet rare characters like Moana and the 7 Dwarfs? We were primarily hoping for shorter ride lines and a fun parade and I was wondering if a lot of the guests that attend will be wrapped up in meet & greet lines, therefore making ride lines shorter?
Yes, ride lines will be much shorter. I don’t that that the majority of folks do the parties “just” for the exclusive characters, but the lower crowds overall and all the other exclusive party offerings (parades, fireworks, stage shows, dance parties, etc) definitely make most rides walk on or minimal waits.

While we’ve never done the Christmas party, we’ve done the Halloween one. We don’t do the parties as much for the characters, we do them for the shorter lines. We do hit a few of the characters and the other holiday stuff, but those are those are honestly secondary to the rides. If the characters have a lower wait then we will visit them. For my kids, the characters they'd want to meet are the princess/prince. We have some dining reservations that will allow them to meet Flynn Rider, Prince Eric and Prince Charming so there is only a few that we'd have meet during MVMCP.

Last edited:

I'll be one of those people who will make the lines shorter for you! I am going to MVMCP for the parade, shows, and special characters.

Bought tickets yesterday for the 12/16 party! It's our first party and first time staying at BLT. It's lovely to consider the simple transportation options available back to the room after the party.
I'll be going to the party 12/16 too , and I'm staying at BLT for the first time as well! So looking forward to walking over!

I'm still debating between the 12/16 party and the 12/18 party. It's cheaper to do the 12/16 party, but that day DHS has Morning EMH. Since we have only two park days for this trip, I'd rather not use one of those on a party day. I feel like it might be worth it to pay extra for the 12/18 party in order to get TSL done on an EMH morning.

With the money we saved with the fall promo- I splurged on the MVMCP tickets. I am even more excited now for our first trip than I was before before-and I didn’t think that was possible!!!! We are taking our 5 and 2 year old DDs for the 5 yo birthday. Looking forward to the exclusive characters and special treats- plus Elsa and anna, their favorites of course.

With the money we saved with the fall promo- I splurged on the MVMCP tickets. I am even more excited now for our first trip than I was before before-and I didn’t think that was possible!!!! We are taking our 5 and 2 year old DDs for the 5 yo birthday. Looking forward to the exclusive characters and special treats- plus Elsa and anna, their favorites of course.
Just so you know, Anna and Elsa no longer meet at the party - but they are in the castle lighting show and the parade. Have a great time, it’s truly magical!

Just so you know, Anna and Elsa no longer meet at the party - but they are in the castle lighting show and the parade. Have a great time, it’s truly magical!
Great info. Thank you. We will def keep an eye out for them in the parade. I’m hoping to sneak in M&G with Judy Hops and Nick Wilde/ Moana

This is my first visit to Disney World, and I'd originally really wanted to go during the holidays to see everything decorated. Unfortunately, due to my work scheduling, I can't take time off around the holidays. I was surprised when I saw that out early November trip hit the first couple of days of the Christmas Parties, so I had to go.

I'm not sure what I'm most looking forward to, but I do hope to get a chance to meet Nick and Judy.

Are you going to Epcot during your trip? If you were, your girls could meet Anna and Elsa there.

When do you usually see sellouts dates on MVMCP? Trying to wait to buy as I’m not sure yet if someone in party can join us and these tickets are not refundable. Thank you!

So this is a little bit of a “spin-off” question.

I want to do all things Christmas at Disney this year. With work, the best time for me to go will be the week of November 10th. I’m already bummed that my resort may not be decorated then. But I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing out on the festivities at the parks.

MVMCP is definitely happening then, but I can’t find the start dates for the Christmas Tree Trail at DS or Stitch’s Gift Hunt.
Does anyone know these dates?

Also are there other festivities I’m not aware of at HS, Epcot, or AK?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter