Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

When we have registered for races in the past DH never entered military division assuming he wouldn’t be competitive. But after seeing past results, it seems he could be.

What’s the likelihood that he could be turned over to military division at the Expo? I tried changing on active but can’t do updates any longer.

Thanks!

Try emailing WDWSportsRegistration@Disney.com and see if they can make the swap for you!

Well he gets home tonight and I'm all excited and tell him about how he might have a chance at a plaque. He had zero interest. Totally baffled me. He said his enjoyment is characters and he would't have that and he certainly wasn't going to forgo Star Wars characters on the upcoming race to try to get a placement. lol guess I got excited for nothing!

Our ME tags arrived yesterday. Bought my dd two sparkle skirts last week. Bummer. Missed the sale. Her swim coach is supervising her training so it melds well with her swimming regimen. She trains 20 hours a week in the pool. Last week was spring break, so lots of running. She is easily doing 10 miles. I’m confident she’ll be ready. We are all really excited about the trip!

I just come to these boards to find out if the bibs, event guides, or anything new has been posted on RD website. Looking forward to that time.

I just come to these boards to find out if the bibs, event guides, or anything new has been posted on RD website. Looking forward to that time.

Nothing yet... we don't even have a start/finish clue... even wine and dine in November has the start and finish under the description of each race... 4 weeks to go!

Question....I was set to run the dark side half in a month. Set to run and had a great pace going now (7.35 mile for a 15k). Ran Monday morning to do a quick 5k and got a very sharp pain in my right foot. Went to see my friend who is in sports medicine who figured out that I have a neuroma. It is extremely painful and could take a month to get better (right now I can barely walk on it). We already have reservations for hotels (thankfully we have annual passes so no need to purchase tickets). We plan on going anyways since it is also my daughters birthday weekend. My question is that I will be picking up my packet since it is already paid for. Will they give me a metal or do I have to actually run the race? Promised my daughter I would give it to her when I finished the race.

Question....I was set to run the dark side half in a month. Set to run and had a great pace going now (7.35 mile for a 15k). Ran Monday morning to do a quick 5k and got a very sharp pain in my right foot. Went to see my friend who is in sports medicine who figured out that I have a neuroma. It is extremely painful and could take a month to get better (right now I can barely walk on it). We already have reservations for hotels (thankfully we have annual passes so no need to purchase tickets). We plan on going anyways since it is also my daughters birthday weekend. My question is that I will be picking up my packet since it is already paid for. Will they give me a metal or do I have to actually run the race? Promised my daughter I would give it to her when I finished the race.
You would have to start the race to get the medal. So sorry you got injured! Do you think it's possible you could still attempt the race if you go on total rest between now and then?

Either way, I hope you still have a fun trip!

You would have to start the race to get the medal. So sorry you got injured! Do you think it's possible you could still attempt the race if you go on total rest between now and then?

Either way, I hope you still have a fun trip!
It's really bad. It is in 2 locations on my right foot. Good thing is that they make special insoles to relieve the pain but they are still not good enough for running. Only thing I am doing now is swimming so I can stay in shape. Maybe I will get someone nice when I pick up the bag.

It's really bad. It is in 2 locations on my right foot. Good thing is that they make special insoles to relieve the pain but they are still not good enough for running. Only thing I am doing now is swimming so I can stay in shape. Maybe I will get someone nice when I pick up the bag.

Do they still allow you to delay your race entry to a future race/year? Would that be an option?

I wouldn’t hold out hope for getting it at packet pick up. I would plan to at least be at the starting line and get swept.

That really stinks. I wouldn’t bank on them having the medals at the expo. Good luck and I hope you recover soon!
Do they still allow you to delay your race entry to a future race/year? Would that be an option?

I wouldn’t hold out hope for getting it at packet pick up. I would plan to at least be at the starting line and get swept.
Deferrals are gone, sadly. :(

I've never seen race medals in bib pick up. Could you walk the beginning of the race then pull yourself at the first medical station? There's one between mile 1 & 2 on last year's course map.

Sorry about your injury. You should also be aware that if you're signed up for a challenge and do not finish one or both of the challenge races, while you may receive the race medal, you will not receive any of the challenge medals including First Order or Kessel Run Challenge medals.

There have been people that start the race and then medically quit at the first parade bus stop. From the set up last year - it was about a half mile past the start line near where we turned around heading past the bands that were playing.

If you want to get your daughter that medal, it is an option.

OK. I need someone to tell me not to register for the Challenge right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter