"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to all who’s parties are being affected by the storm. I know it’s silly in the grand scheme of things, but I also know how excited people are for their trips and parties :grouphug:.

I popped in to ask a quick question. My son saw a picture of the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and decided he really wants one, Our party is October 29th. Is there any chance at all there will be any left by then ? Or are the popcorn buckets gone early in the season ?
The special merchandise can definitely sell out early in the season. We wanted the 2017 Oogie Boogie bucket and it was sold out by our 10/13 party and I don’t believe they ever restocked. If it’s a must have, you may want to consider a personal shopper.

We just got home from tonight’s party. It was much less crowded than our two previous parties this year. Probably half as many people. It felt like a 2013 Party!

We arrived just after 7pm. Here is what we accomplished before leaving at ~11:45.

We ate dinner at Golden Oak and Pecos Bill’s.

We got a waffle sundae from Sleepy Hollow, and some snacks from Big Top.

We rode Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, People Mover, Little Mermaid, and Buzz.

We got 11 pounds of candy between the two of us from trick or treating.

We met Elvis Stitch, Ariel and Prince Eric, Belle and Gaston, Goofy, and the Gravediggers.

And we had front row spots for the second parade.

So glad we decided last minute to go!

It looks like we will be attending 6 parties total with our Party Pass. We should end up with around 60 pounds of candy! We’ve already decided that we’re going to let trick or treaters take as much candy as they can fit in their hands on Halloween!

I so excited to be going back to MNSSHP. I went to my first 2 parties in 2015 and went again 2 more times in 2017. Now I back for a third year for 2 more parties. Im going Oct 17 and Oct 21. On Oct 21 my sister and brother in law will be joining me. They will mostly be doing rides. I enjoy the special character meet and greets, parade, fireworks, candy and just anything Halloween. If anyone wants to hang out some especially Oct 17 my first day back to WDW let me know.

I’m glad the party worked out tonight for those who went. The light crowds and great weather sounds wonderful. It would have been worth not having the fireworks.

I popped in to ask a quick question. My son saw a picture of the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and decided he really wants one, Our party is October 29th. Is there any chance at all there will be any left by then ? Or are the popcorn buckets gone early in the season ?

I would not count on it still being available. The last two years we went the last week of October and they were gone. We ordered this year’s from a personal shopper as I’m sure it’ll be gone before we get there on 10/24.

We only stayed til 10pm last night, it was a great party and very empty!

This was our 2nd party. We arrived at 4 and left by 10pm

Did FP for 7DMT and Buzz. Rode the People Mover to get a good view of the construction on the Tron coaster.

We did every treat stop.

Saw Moana, Elvis Stitch (longest line), Jafar, Genie and Jasmine.

We did many photopass stops. Still have a few more to go.

Rode HM and BTM during the party.

DS wanted to see Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear, but they were walking fast and not really stopping for guests each time we saw them.

Walked 5 miles!

I'm so glad we went last night! It seemed like it kept pouring every half hour in the morning. But we left at 2:30 and by 3:30 the rain stopped. No rain the entire party. We left MK at 11:30; grabbed an Uber at CR and then it started a light rain again about midnight.

Crowds were low. All the attractions we did were only 5-10 minute waits. In some cases much less than what was posted. (ie, 20/25 mins for Monsters Inc and Buzz - really only took 10 mins max).

When I inquired about PotC being down (this was around 7 pm), a CM working there told me only about 12,000 guests were at last nights party. His word "only". I don't know what normal park attendance is but crowds were light until the shows/parades began. Even then we snagged spots right at the rope in Liberty Square (where the parade starts to curve) just 20 minutes before the HH came by.

Not so good PotC and HM have not been up the whole party- and now no fireworks-so aside from candy and parade what’s left ? Soooo glad we cancelled dessert party.

HM and PotC were not closed all night. I don't recall the times we rode but we did both.

@Rivergirl2005 How is the Seven Dwarfs line? The Moana line?

We didn't line up for characters. But 7DMT started off at 45 minutes when we entered at 4 pm. Later on it was anywhere from 30 mins to only 15 mins!

If you can, try Disney Springs. I found one at the popcorn kiosk outside World of Magic.

Sorry about my confusing post earlier. Sometimes I write something and then decide I don't want to post it. Even if I seem to be deleting it, it is still there later (in the box where you write something.) The next time I write, I have to be careful to delete the whole thing that I didn't want to post earlier. I messed up and didn't delete the whole thing, so I posted something which was part of a deleted thought and part of a new thought.

I don't know why unposted things on the Dis don't disappear when you delete.

We did the second party on the 20th of August, we did the Seven Dwarves (2 hour wait from 5:45pm) and then we ToT'ed, with a short stop to meet pirate goofy. We watched the second parade, the fireworks and the midnight stage show.
We are a large family (6), so our candy haul was ridiculous, especially as towards the end of the night the CMs were just filling up our bags:

We all absolutely enjoyed it and thought it was well worth the money.

We went last night (9/2) and packed ponchos figuring we would be soaked! Luckily, not really any rain to speak of until we were leaving (after midnight).

7DMT was about 30 minutes around 6:00-6:30, but then we had a faster almost walk on after 11:00.

For us, it was a pretty much "walk on" night after 7:00.... we did SM, BTM.. Pirates was closed, but we caught it open later in the night.

I missed the Headless Horseman, and decided to catch the firework/projection show on another night since no fireworks... but amazing for our first Halloween party! Now I'm ready to go again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter