• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I just registered here to help some folks out. I just got my reservation for Halloween day and got it fine. We had to redial 832 times and when I finally got through on the 4240 number I was hold for roughly 2 hours. The lady told me that Halloween day isn't sold out yet but they're having trouble with the inventory repopulating and they've never seen demand like this for anything so they're a bit overwhelmed. She said free dining, Christmas, Not So Scary party, etc... pale in comparison to the demand and that's why no one can get through. I'm personally just too damn stubborn to give up. When I read it was sold out on here I was a little dejected but I tried anyway. Good luck to you all and don't give up, just hold them on the phone until the inventory repopulates for your day. I'm assuming that like most call centers they can't just hang up on you if you have valid questions and all.

After trying constantly since 6 am (cst) finally got on hold after 5 hrs.. waited on hold for 1.5 finally got tickets for 10/19. Cm did say that Halloween night was not sold out but they were having magical enhancements done and are not allowed to sell that night right now. Good luck to everyone still trying.

I am staying at BLT on rented points and received an email with the 800-800-9800# telling me I can book today and every time I got through and entered my reservation number, phone number and last 4 of SS they were busy and to try back later. I'm sure its because I am not a member. I will go back to the main 4240# later and hope for the best. I 2 need 2 tickets for 10/15.
I would switch to a non-DVC number. They are actually asking for the DVC membership information for the DVC owner and not your reservation information.

Anyone who doesn't recognize this as an utter failure on Disney's end is delusional.
You couldn't be more wrong.

Disney learned giving resort guests the advance right to purchase expensive tickets is a big perk. Traditional onsite perks cost Disney money.. Disney can replace expensive Disney perks like DME with money making perks..

Disney learned there no limit to the amount of hoops, pain and abuse customers will go through to give Disney $$$.

Disney learned giving resort guests the advance right to purchase expensive tickets is a big perk. Traditional onsite perks cost Disney money.. Disney can replace expensive Disney perks like DME with money making perks..

Disney learned there no limit to the amount of hoops, pain and abuse customers will go through to give Disney $$$.
Yes! I’m done. On hold twice and disconnected twice. I might go full sour grapes and cancel the whole vacation (ok well not really), but I do feel slightly abused!

Me and my mom were going back and forth on if we should go, looks like we avoided a morning of headache. :x I hope we know what days sell out soon in case we change our minds later, and hopefully they work out the reservation kinks.

On hold for an hour so far for 8/10. I wonder if they’ll add more dates since it’s so popular. I’d love 8/13 Disney, if you’re reading. :cutie:

Yes! I’m done. On hold twice and disconnected twice. I might go full sour grapes and cancel the whole vacation (ok well not really), but I do feel slightly abused!
That's why i figure i'll just make my own fun. I paid a lot for last halloween to be cancelled might as well save $400 and enjoy my halloween fun for the day since I already have my MK ticket. Considering the outfits/costumes I've seen people wear as adults on my last trip in May hardly think they'll kick me out for being dressed up on halloween.

After trying constantly since 6 am (cst) finally got on hold after 5 hrs.. waited on hold for 1.5 finally got tickets for 10/19. Cm did say that Halloween night was not sold out but they were having magical enhancements done and are not allowed to sell that night right now. Good luck to everyone still trying.
I suppose this is good news. Here's hoping they get these "magical enhancements" figured out by the time I finally get through to someone.

I'm secretly keeping my fingers crossed that means they're adding more inventory for Halloween....

Here is my experience for everyone. Started calling the 4240 number at about 9am. Finally got in at 11am in the hold queue and got a CM at 12:45. Got my tickets for Oct 22nd and only took 5min with the CM to complete. I'm glad I got that over with and wish everyone else trying the best of luck.

Yes, they plan to charge half as many people twice as much money, they will make just as much money. My point was this is a huge technical failure, they had figured out many types of reservations previously so I'm not sure where they dropped the ball on this one.

Just wanted to chime in with my two cents. I got through using the DVC 9800 number and booked two tickets for Halloween night! I had to enter my DVC information and the CM verified my name and address. I've been calling since 9:30AM EST with a bunch of failures. The CM originally said that Halloween night was booked, but after refreshing, she saw Halloween was still open! I asked if they were going to open more up for Halloween, but she was not sure and said to check on June 15th. Best of luck to everyone still trying, don't lose hope!!!

Yes, they plan to charge half as many people twice as much money, they will make just as much money. My point was this is a huge technical failure, they had figured out many types of reservations previously so I'm not sure where they dropped the ball on this one.
Disney never said half as many people. That's an internet assumption.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter