"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does Enchanted Tales take?
It was closed for a long time. It really is magical and kids get to participate in the show esp. if they’re dressed up. I feel it’s immersive, fun and magical and it takes about 30 mins (apart from the queue). Plus you get a bookmark keepsake (not sure if they still give them.)

I went to the September first party and here are some notes that I took along the way.
  • At 10:30 am there were lighting lanes available for Tron to go on at 3:45 pm, I didn't have a day ticket so technically speaking you could buy that and make it on time for your LL.
  • They started scanning people in for the party at 3:57 pm.
  • I got a VQ for tron and my group was called back at 8:00 pm. I scanned into the attraction at 8:05 and got in the seat at 8:46 pm.
  • The 9:15 pm parade doesn't get to the castle until 9:37 pm and finishes at 9:41 pm (15 min)
  • At 10:33 pm Haunted Mansion had a 35 min posted wait time but it actually was a 10 min wait time.
My thoughts about the party as a first timer, I really think it was a fun way to spend the evening and experience a different atmosphere at MK. I enjoy the low wait times, the entertainment and trick or treating.

Do I think is worth it? It depends the price you pay and how many times you have been to MK. If this is your first or second time I don't think the party is good for you, you are probably gonna have fun anyway but isn't the quintessential Magic Kingdom experience and you don't have as much time like in a regular day. Also, I don't think you should pay more for this party that you would pay for a regular park ticket, when the cost for this party is more than a park ticket it stops being worth it for me.
What VQ did you secure and what was your party size?

I’ve read about having to reselect everyone despite setting up the party size for the VQ. We are a party of 5 but I won’t bother deselecting our 3 year old

going for the dessert party at the plaza garden, whats the best strategy for this? How long does the hocus pocus show run, debating doing that prior or staying after to see it. Would you be able to watch it from the plaza garden area you are in from the party? All new to this so looking for advice, thanks!

going for the dessert party at the plaza garden, whats the best strategy for this? How long does the hocus pocus show run, debating doing that prior or staying after to see it. Would you be able to watch it from the plaza garden area you are in from the party? All new to this so looking for advice, thanks!
The party and eating desserts does take a huge chunk of time (at least 30+ mins). Wheelchairs do get a separate roped off area; the view is from near the end of the hub but still pretty good. We’ve always had to clear the area afterwards (only attended enchantment dessert parties not MNSSHP).

Last edited:
They used to have reserved viewing for the parade as party of the dessert party, but I haven’t heard of that post COVID.

Comments in the DFB blog allude to that; all Dessert party videos I’ve seen have people rushing to Main Street to get a view after the fireworks (second parade its less crowded)

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...not-so-scary-halloween-party-in-disney-world/

Fantasmic has a second show now in Sept and package times changed, so keep an eye out for Oct

But the real question will it be 112' heat index, doesn't get below 85 even after midnight hot at the end of October? Or will there still be a hurricane either hitting or about to hit? The weather has gotten so unpredictable, a general 'hot' is all we can really rely on.
We’re from the Midwest and we wear shorts in 60 degree weather. So WDW is always hot for us (even in Dec.)

We will be there end of Oct so hopefully the hurricanes calm down.

What VQ did you secure and what was your party size?

I’ve read about having to reselect everyone despite setting up the party size for the VQ. We are a party of 5 but I won’t bother deselecting our 3 year old
I was by myself, so my party was one person, and I got group 183.

I haven't been to MK in a while. Is the garden area in front of Casey's still accessible to general public people during fireworks (regular day and or MNSHHP)? I thought someone told me they don't allow general public in that area anymore. It's the area opposite of the dessert party viewing.

I haven't been to MK in a while. Is the garden area in front of Casey's still accessible to general public people during fireworks (regular day and or MNSHHP)? I thought someone told me they don't allow general public in that area anymore. It's the area opposite of the dessert party viewing.
Not 100% sure but here is a detailed discussion on best spots

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/magic-kingdom-best-fireworks-views/

Hub grass area is usually packed an hour or so before

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2023/02/11/best-places-to-watch-fireworks-in-magic-kingdom/

This video (it’s about 2 years old) was helpful for planning fireworks views. In the dessert party area people were told to take kids down and not lift them on their shoulders (they should allow kids up front in that case). On my previous dessert party videos I have a toddler with a glow sticks in both hands in all of my videos (dad was standing right a few people ahead to the right). People still lifted kids and partially obstructed the castle projections outside roped off area (being behind railing is better).

Crowds in hub an hour before

This was opening night of happily ever after. An hour and half before the castle gets roped off (no one allowed in). He says the grassy area is for media (16 mins in)

Last edited:
Went to the Labor Day Party, some notes
  • If dining in MK area for dinner pre 7pm do not transit via MK, I did dinner at GF to avoid the 4-7pm crowds but transited via MK & got stuck in the middle. Stood in the sun for 10-15 mins just to cross from the bus area to the boat/monorail area
  • Do not trick or treat before 9pm. Please. There was a rumor going around I overheard that if you don’t trick or treat early they run out of candy. Fake news folks! The only thing trick or treating before 9pm does for you is waste your party time. Trails will be open after 9pm and there will be barely any lines.
  • They were giving out candy when I exited pirates so that was kinda cool. One of those unmarked spots
  • I stumbled upon Space Mountain opening around 6:25pm (maybe for the changeover to party mode if that’s a thing? Idk but it read a 25 min wait & was definitely just opening), actually waited about 10 mins because once inside they were doing a single rider line
  • The pirates float felt off this year. Two characters alone are not enough for that big of a float.
  • Charge your phone ahead of time. I hit the party and suddenly realized my battery was at 5% lol
  • Bus to Pop after exiting around midnight was prompt with another behind it
  • I missed Minnie in her cute Halloween outfit. I’m not a Hocus Pocus fan- and tbh I didn’t see much Hocus Pocus love from the party goers. Maybe that’s due to a larger amount of international park goers or maybe the craze ran its course? Lots of NBC love still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter