*****Official April 2020 thread*****

How many days do you have planned for HS? I am planning two, is anyone planning three? I'm debating that right now either doing three HS and one AK, or two days each. I don't know if AK I feel like going back to, but maybe with a park hopper if we feel like going back for one or two things. It seems harder to say that or be able to do that for HS.
We have 2 days planned for HS.

We have two Star Wars fans in our family, so they have time hopefully to ride the SW rides over again, and plus Toy Story Land.

I think three days is may be too much, but I'm open to trying it.

I'm just doing one day at HS. Although it decreases my chances to ride, getting my wife and teenage daughter to commit to getting up early more than one day during vacation is a non-starter.

How many days do you have planned for HS? I am planning two, is anyone planning three? I'm debating that right now either doing three HS and one AK, or two days each. I don't know if AK I feel like going back to, but maybe with a park hopper if we feel like going back for one or two things. It seems harder to say that or be able to do that for HS.
We have three half days (but only two will be trying for a BG) and one evening (mostly for Fantasmic and to explore GE without rides at night). We hope to get lucky and get an early BG on one of the AM days. We have a large party (only some are doing RotR) and ADRs scheduled (back in October) at other parks later on those days. So hopefully we get an early group and are able to make those reservations.

With the new FP tiers, I was able to get SDD, MFSR, RNRC, Star tours, ToT, so the HS days do seem less stressful now. With MMRR coming out before we arrive, that should also help disperse crowds, which will be nice.

We are HUGE Star Wars fans, but DH is all about "Why am I getting up early on vacation?" Now granted he gets up at 4am for work every day, so I understand why he wants to sleep in on vacation, but his "sleeping in" isn't even that late. Like a previous poster, if we don't get ROR this trip, we'll be back. We will have hoppers, and it's just the two of us so I feel we can be more flexible. Tentative plan so far (but this may change based on what FP I can snag):

Day 1- arrive around 3-4pm, check-in, dinner, good night's sleep
Day 2- my official retirement day! breakfast at Boma, AK day
Day 3- Epcot day for the F&G Festival- eat our way around the world
Day 4- MK day
Day 5- resort day at the pool, dinner at DS, get to bed early
Day 6- DHS early to get a boarding group for RoR, spend the day at DHS, DH specifically requested lunch at Sci-Fi
Day 7- DH's birthday, this day is open to whatever we want to go back and do
Day8- breakfast at the resort, we could hit DS again if we want before we head home

CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement! I am retiring towards the end of March.
Thanks- and congratulations to you too! I am actually just retiring from my first job (I have been working there only on weekends since May) but I am still working a new full time job during the week. I did that so I could still get my pension and retirement benefits. It will be so nice to be only working days Mon-Fri though after 22 years in retail!

So what are people planning for their tier 1? My gut reaction is that MMRR and Smuggler's Run will both have indoor queues, so a FP for SDD might be best to avoid standing outside in that unpredictable FL weather! However, if the new rides gather more people and lead to shorter lines at SDD, they might be better options. My FP day is near the end of the month, so I guess I've got some time to decide!

So what are people planning for their tier 1? My gut reaction is that MMRR and Smuggler's Run will both have indoor queues, so a FP for SDD might be best to avoid standing outside in that unpredictable FL weather! However, if the new rides gather more people and lead to shorter lines at SDD, they might be better options. My FP day is near the end of the month, so I guess I've got some time to decide!
We got SDD and MFSR a few days ago for our trip. I won't be swapping one for MMRR. Having that ride open, during our trip, is a very good thing though. One more tier one to draw crowds. Rope dropping should be a little less hectic now as there are 3 major rides people will go to, instead of 2.

We got SDD and MFSR a few days ago for our trip. I won't be swapping one for MMRR. Having that ride open, during our trip, is a very good thing though. One more tier one to draw crowds. Rope dropping should be a little less hectic now as there are 3 major rides people will go to, instead of 2.
Excellent point about rope dropping!

I was just able to move up a SDD FP from late evening to mid afternoon. I'm sure this is because people are swapping for MMRR. So if you are looking to move up your MFSR or SDD, this might be the time.

We're doing 1.5 HS days. I have MFSR the first day (was able to move it up to a *much* better time due to everyone shifting plans), and swapped SDD for MMRR the second. Planning to RD SDD and/or catch a same-day FP drop.

We're only having one day at HS as a family. So for that we're doing SDD for my husband, daughters and me. MFSR for my dad and oldest. However once 2/19 rolls around I'm going to be watching standby for MFSR and that could change things.
My husband and I are getting a night at HS while my dad watches the kids on our break day so we're doing MFSR that night. We're big Star Wars fans so hoping to getting a couple times to ride it.

I got a MMRR FP, but not in an earlier time slot that I'd like. Darn missed the news when it came out, wasn't checking at all and wouldn't have checked but my DH mentioned something about he saw it's open for FPs now, right after I took a shower and about to get in bed for the night, so then now here I am. Now I have to ask where he read it, usually I have the latest news, have to see where he read it, but again, wasn't playing or checking on here today busy with other life stuff to see! Oh well, I got us FPs anyway so that's good.

I wonder how standby line will be at rope drop for MMRR?

That was my exact thought! Last summer even with a FP for SDD it seemed like we were outside forever in the heat. We do plan to rope drop just to get a boarding group for ROR, so maybe we will pick SR as FP, stand in line early morning for SDD and then in line for MMRR later in the day. I could also try to get a FP for one on our final day. Decisions, decisions...

Morning EMH at Hollywood studio switch to 2hr evening EEMH on a Sunday in April
I was just searching for that. I am now checking the board a few times a day so I don't get caught off guard by a change from Boarding Pass to FP for RotR, like I did for the MMRR! I also pop in to wdwnt dot com Just in case that happens....

But anyway, I notice a park hour change on 5 Apr for HS, don't remember that there before in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter