*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

We just rescheduled our August trip to April. As much as it hurt doing it, I know it was the best decision. Please add us to roll call April 5-9 copper creek villas

Lots of August travelers moving to April in this thread. Hopefully it won't be as hot in April. I'm adding you to the list now!

This is great! We have just rebooked to April 24th-29th at the Wilderness Lodge. I took a break from the boards bc i didnt want to think about cancelling our September trip, but now that its official, Im resetting our countdown! We were planning our first major family vacation, first Disney trip with our 6 year old for his 7th birthday. We were gonna try to meet Jack Skellington at MNSSHP. Once they cancelled all of my carefully planned ADR’s, and said no fireworks, masks required, and no character meets & greets, I knew it was a no for us... not for a first time trip. We literally had a list going of characters to meet. So here’s to a hopefully normal Disney Trip next April!! Slightly worried its not far enough out, but then I guess we could always try for his 8th birthday in September. I just wanted to go as soon as we could!

This is great! We have just rebooked to April 24th-29th at the Wilderness Lodge. I took a break from the boards bc i didnt want to think about cancelling our September trip, but now that its official, Im resetting our countdown! We were planning our first major family vacation, first Disney trip with our 6 year old for his 7th birthday. We were gonna try to meet Jack Skellington at MNSSHP. Once they cancelled all of my carefully planned ADR’s, and said no fireworks, masks required, and no character meets & greets, I knew it was a no for us... not for a first time trip. We literally had a list going of characters to meet. So here’s to a hopefully normal Disney Trip next April!! Slightly worried its not far enough out, but then I guess we could always try for his 8th birthday in September. I just wanted to go as soon as we could!

Welcome! I added you to the list. Our first family trip was in November 2018, when my kids were 8 and 5. I wanted to capitalize on them being young to try to keep the "magic" going with our May trip this year, but obviously, life had other plans. We did a ton of character meets last time, and I was thinking already that they'd be getting too big to enjoy that as much this time. But we'll see what happens. I guess there's never really a bad time to go to Disney, and my kids will be more excited than ever after missing out this year. I hope things are at least mostly back to normal, which is why I looked at next year instead of trying to cram it in to the fall.

I was so into August planning I didn’t get to do any April planning yet. And now with the ticket reservation system I want to be prepared in case we do get to reserve this month.

My question is, is there a typical day of the week that Happily Ever After is on at MK? Want to make sure to plan a park day on a firework day. It’s a bit hard to plan with no park hours yet, like I said, last minute April change means I am not at all prepared lol

Booked for a studio at Beach Club for April 25-29 2021 to replace a similar trip that was cancelled this year. Hoping for better luck! No tickets yet unfortunately.

I was so into August planning I didn’t get to do any April planning yet. And now with the ticket reservation system I want to be prepared in case we do get to reserve this month.

My question is, is there a typical day of the week that Happily Ever After is on at MK? Want to make sure to plan a park day on a firework day. It’s a bit hard to plan with no park hours yet, like I said, last minute April change means I am not at all prepared lol
It’s normally every night. Not sure what they will do now though

Oh awesome, I didn’t know that. I felt like when we went way back in the Wishes days, it wasn’t nightly but it has been so long that my memory could be shot.
And yes, obviously realize it could be quite different still next year, but hoping they are back then!

edit: I meant to hit reply to you! Still fairly new to using this site :)

Oh awesome, I didn’t know that. I felt like when we went way back in the Wishes days, it wasn’t nightly but it has been so long that my memory could be shot.
And yes, obviously realize it could be quite different still next year, but hoping they are back then!
Same! We had a desert party booked for this summer 😭

Same here. It was one of the things I was most looking forward to. Hopefully it’s back in action by next year
We had early morning magic booked and was really looking forward to that one. Hopefully they offer an after hours or something like that again

We are hoping to go in April as well. Can you ask help me understand how you have reservations? I thought I understood Disney cancelled then and we can't book 2021 until next week. If you are using DVC are you not concerned you won't actually get into the parks? Thank you for whatever insight you might have.

We are using DVC and definitely worried about getting into the parks!

Hello, all!

I thought I already joined in here, but I must've been mistaken for another group! I've been in so many, March 2020, July 2020, now October 2020…still praying that one happens!

Anyway, we are booked at BLT April 11-18, 2021! It's one of our favorite times to go and I'm hoping lots of things will be back to normal by then!

Glad to be planning here with you all!

We are hoping to go in April as well. Can you ask help me understand how you have reservations? I thought I understood Disney cancelled then and we can't book 2021 until next week. If you are using DVC are you not concerned you won't actually get into the parks? Thank you for whatever insight you might have.
I have reservations 4/1-4/3 because I moved it from my July trip. They booked me a basic package. I think I have to call 4/24 to add tickets to it

We are DVC and some of us are APs. I'm not that worried about not getting into the parks…maybe I'm being naive but I think a lot of people wait and purchase tickets until the 60 day mark so I feel a lot of us are in the same boat. In any case, I can't spend time worrying about every little eventuality. As I tell my kids, it's always the thing you never thought to worry about that gets you.

I’m actually not worried at all about getting into the parks for April at this time. I would be more stressed trying to get in for July/aug/sept depending on how many they allow in.
If I wasn’t part of the DIS, I honestly wouldn’t even know about it (didn’t get an email yet). I don’t think most people will be running to book their April dates, so I’m not too worried :)

edit: I am offsite so I only have tickets, will only get to book June 28. I’m looking forward to seeing how the initial date goes and get some tips from that!

Last edited:

I have tickets because my 2020 trip got canceled and the expiration date was extended. And yes, I personally have a resort reservation because I'm renting DVC. Am I worried? Besides the IT being a nightmare, not really. Other people have chimed in with reasons why, and I think they're correct - first, I suspect not many people actually have reservations this far out, meaning the pool of people trying to get park reservations is much smaller. And second, you have to remember that the people on this board are the die hard, most obsessed Disney fans. If I weren't on here, I wouldn't even know I had to reserve park dates now - I never got the email. And that assumes everyone else will even be willing or able to reserve ten months in advance. Short version? I think we'll be fine once we can actually get in.

Hello, all!

I thought I already joined in here, but I must've been mistaken for another group! I've been in so many, March 2020, July 2020, now October 2020…still praying that one happens!

Anyway, we are booked at BLT April 11-18, 2021! It's one of our favorite times to go and I'm hoping lots of things will be back to normal by then!

Glad to be planning here with you all!

Welcome! I'll add you to the list. Hope your October trip works out too. With any luck, things will be looking up by then and you can enjoy this strange Disney experience.

Booked AKL Jambo DVC on the 24th April 2021 for 2 weeks. Our rescheduled honeymoon trip! Hopefully the wedding and honeymoon will both go ahead next year! Ready and raring to book my park days tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter