*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Only 11 days to go and I am getting so excited! I am starting to think about packing and have my Magic Band, Magical Express tags, Disney gift cards, passport and ticket printouts all ready. Not that I want to wish away the summer but I would really like it to be August 21 now, lol!

Only 11 days to go and I am getting so excited! I am starting to think about packing and have my Magic Band, Magical Express tags, Disney gift cards, passport and ticket printouts all ready. Not that I want to wish away the summer but I would really like it to be August 21 now, lol!
I know exactly what you mean. I can't even do all the back to school shopping yet because my son's teachers have not posted their supply lists. I have been buying some stuff but some teachers want specific things. I have everything packed that I can pack. I just want to go on vacation already!!!

Ive had random lousy check in experiences. Last year at POP we arriv d late at night. I just wanted to go to bed. I did online check in, but never received a text with room #, so had to wait in line at the lobby. The online check in line was SO LONG!! Whats the sense of doing online check in???? I was pissed. Then, it took like 4-5 hours for our luggage to arrive.
(Worst of all, I woke the next morning to find out DT was going to be president. :o. traumatic, lol). Overall, a very crappy beginning to that trip.

YIKES! One thing I have decided to do for the first time is get our luggage at baggage claim. Even though we are scheduled to land at 8:55 and you can still use Magical Express luggage service until 10pm landing, I'm thinking I want to go to bed as soon as possible. I'm hoping to just have one bag. MK has Extra Magic Hours the next morning. We may not make it; but I figure if I grab the luggage maybe we have a shot.

I am so hoping that when I turn my phone on upon landing I have a text with our room number.

Ive had random lousy check in experiences. Last year at POP we arriv d late at night. I just wanted to go to bed. I did online check in, but never received a text with room #, so had to wait in line at the lobby. The online check in line was SO LONG!! Whats the sense of doing online check in???? I was pissed. Then, it took like 4-5 hours for our luggage to arrive.
(Worst of all, I woke the next morning to find out DT was going to be president. :o. traumatic, lol). Overall, a very crappy beginning to that trip.

I probably could have taken that news a little better had I been in Disney at the time. No politics allowed so I'll leave that alone :duck:

So happy that next week I'll be able to say "next week I'm going to disney"

Yesterday I was feeling a little risky and went and got an airbrush tan to see if I'd like it for vacation. i figured i had enough time between now and then to scrub it off if I hate it since I'm normally 50 shades of pale and guess what? It looks awesome! Very natural and subtle so I'll definitely be going to get one the day before we leave.

I got a suitcase out, packed the extra toiletries I had been picking up and left the suitcase out in my room so it at least appears like we have some movement on this waiting game.

2 days till we leave for Disney. Almost packed.
frozen-excited.gif

TGIF! Hope those leaving this weekend have a wonderful trip. Four work days left for me. Tomorrow is the big laundry/packing day. I will feel better after I get that done. Been feeling like I have been kind of in a holding pattern. Like someone else said..planning done; but not time to pack...that is a tough time. I did get to the Disney store to pick up a plush Mickey and Donald. They are buy 1 get one for $2 right now if anyone lives near one.

Ds has a little plush Donald he loves; but he's pretty dirty so it was a good opportunity to get another. I'm going to put his magic band on Donald as part of the surprise. Dd knows but her magic band will go on Mickey. They'll be holding a little sign that says, "We miss you please come back."

A week from today we'll be in Magic Kingdom! :cool1:

Good news for those who like to book bounceback offers. New offer came out today for Free Dining! Yay! As soon as we arrive I am going to book our bounceback for next year - PORS for 10 days with free quick service (that's my plan).
Not even there yet and I'm planning for next year :rotfl:

Oh boy! We have never been fortunate enough to score free dining. I will definitely be checking that paperwork when we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter