• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Well, finally got packed. Had to go to plan B. When I put everything on the list together it took up way more room in the 25 inch bag than I thought it would. Of course the heat has a lot to do with that. Going to try the midday break thing this trip, which (due to the heat) calls for 2 outfits per park day per person. Even though it's just shorts and t-shirts, it piled up quick.

The 25 inch upright did hold all of the clothes and underwear. I pulled out the 22 inch rolling duffel bag for our swimming clothes, extra shoes and large toiletries. Going to pick up ponchos when we get there. Last time I brought some from home they ripped. At least if it happens with a Disney poncho I can just get another one.

I also pretty much have my carry-on packed, started tossing some of ds' toys into his and I got dd started on her carry-on. I went shopping and got travel sized toothpaste, deodorant, body wash, lotion and mouthwash and got us extra hand sanitizer, wipes and new toothbrushes so all of that is packed. Transferred some shampoo and conditioner into travel sized bottles and tossed those in as well.

I'm glad that's done. I had forgotten how difficult it could be to pack for a trip when you're trying to keep it from someone. He even wanted to help put away the laundry. That never happens. Thankfully the big bag was sitting up in my room. I keep it in a corner so he didn't get suspicious seeing it out.

Four more days of work.

Safe travels to all for the upcoming trips. Last day today for us- have to catch tragical express at 4- but not before some time in MK and lunch at the plaza (both lunch and the fastpasses made last night). All upgraded to APs now so October girls trip and thanksgiving family trip set. As DH got his AP card last night he said "guess this means we will have to come back next summer". May book the bounceback and see if plans allow us to go...not sure about an August trip again though. Early June is more my speed!

Good news for those who like to book bounceback offers. New offer came out today for Free Dining! Yay! As soon as we arrive I am going to book our bounceback for next year - PORS for 10 days with free quick service (that's my plan).
Not even there yet and I'm planning for next year :rotfl:

That's great news!!! We don't usually do the dining plan because it doesn't work out well for us, but I might snag it for next year since it looks like we are going to have to do August again.

pretty much all packed except last minute toiletries. i have the opposite problem with th suitcases -- mine is practically empty! i am a notorious overpacker, my suitcase ALWAYS ends up over the weight limit, always! But all my clothes are in there (2 outfits per day) and it only takes up like 1/4 of the suitcase. I keep checking my list to see if I forgot something. But, we don't normally go in the summer so I guess with the clothes being so much smaller (all shorts and tank tops), plus I have lost almost 60 lbs. since my last trip, so I guess less material overall, lol. Im shocked at how emtpy it is. Oh well, more room for souvenirs I guess, lol. Last trip I had to buy a suitcase while there to fit all my souvenirs on the way home. :p

forgot to add - 5 more sleeps!! leaving bright and early sat. morning for our ride to the airport. Even though it's only about 90 minutes away, I'm going to leave much, much earlier to be safe. Better to sit in the airport for 3-4 hours then risk something happening on the way down (traffic, car problems, etc..)

forgot to add - 5 more sleeps!! leaving bright and early sat. morning for our ride to the airport. Even though it's only about 90 minutes away, I'm going to leave much, much earlier to be safe. Better to sit in the airport for 3-4 hours then risk something happening on the way down (traffic, car problems, etc..)

Our flight is at 6:41 am on Sunday. :crazy2:

We are an hour away from the airport, so we are going to have to leave around 3:30 am. The kids are soooooo not happy about that! :duck:

Our flight is at 6:41 am on Sunday. :crazy2:

We are an hour away from the airport, so we are going to have to leave around 3:30 am. The kids are soooooo not happy about that! :duck:

i keep checking to see if I can switch to the 6 am flight (without paying more), but no go. it's always much more $$ than our 1 pm flight.
Of course if I did get the 6 am flight then I would have to drive down the night before & stay in a hotel....
But as it is now, we'll leave about 8 am. Probably get to Providence about 9:30 a.m., then hang at the airport til 1:00

I just ordered DD's bday gift from disney Florist to be delivered to our room on arrival day. All the big packages are so expensive but I found a cute one that wasn't bad. Comes with the birthday ear hat, autograph book and pen, box of cookies, bag of pretzels, all wrapped in a big sparkly bow and a birthday balloon, for $62. Technically could probably buy it all for about $30 myself and just hand it to her myself but hey, she will like coming back to the room and seeing it.

Im shocked at how emtpy it is. Oh well, more room for souvenirs I guess, lol. Last trip I had to buy a suitcase while there to fit all my souvenirs on the way home. :p
Last year I was able to pack all our stuff in a single large suitcase with just enough room left to squeeze in our large empty rolling duffle. We put the duffle in the closet area on the floor and used it as our hamper throughout our stay. When it was time to pack up to head home I put our toiletries back into their gallon size Ziploc bags and stuffed them in the duffel with our dirty clothes and we had a nearly empty suitcase for all our purchases. It made unpacking and starting laundry when we got home so easy and I didn't have to worry about spending $$$ on another suitcase to get our stuff home.

Magic Bands arrived on Saturday. Earlier than expected which was a relief! I also sent our room request fax so that's checked off the list. Just one more day at work after today.

I definitely plan two outfits a day in summer. But I also do laundry half way through the trip.

Does anyone bring an actual CAMERA anymore? I always have, as I am picture-obsessed.....and even though i always have Memory Maker, I still would take a pic with my camera, then a pic with my phone (for posting on FB) - in addition to the MM photographer. Now this year DD insists on bringing her iPod and she wants all the pics with her iPod too (for uploading on instagram, etc.) So now I'm like -- in addition to the Photopass photog taking a pic, I'm gonna have to take a pic with my phone, her phone, AND my camera?? :o lol. Do I dare leave the camera behind and just count on taking all pics with my phone (plus the PHotopass pics)?????

Packing today, leave tomorrow at 5am. Driving from New Jersey.

I found a pin about rolled packing, how did I never do this beforeo_O

I wasn't planing on two outfits a day, but after reading all the post I am re thinking.
Yes us girls have gone through 2 outfits a day, guys have changed shirts/socks a couple times. I don't mind doing laundry 1/2 way through trip while lounging by pool though

Does anyone bring an actual CAMERA anymore? I always have, as I am picture-obsessed.....and even though i always have Memory Maker, I still would take a pic with my camera, then a pic with my phone (for posting on FB) - in addition to the MM photographer. Now this year DD insists on bringing her iPod and she wants all the pics with her iPod too (for uploading on instagram, etc.) So now I'm like -- in addition to the Photopass photog taking a pic, I'm gonna have to take a pic with my phone, her phone, AND my camera?? :o lol. Do I dare leave the camera behind and just count on taking all pics with my phone (plus the PHotopass pics)?????
I just bring my phone. I have a small p&s and a DSLR but try to keep our park bag limited to a fanny pack and a small backpack. DS carries the backpack so I try to keep it as light as possible and I would never in a million years trust him to haul around my dslr. It's just too heavy to wear around my neck for extended periods of time, let alone hours of park touring. My phone takes decent enough photos for me

I just bring my phone. I have a small p&s and a DSLR but try to keep our park bag limited to a fanny pack and a small backpack. DS carries the backpack so I try to keep it as light as possible and I would never in a million years trust him to haul around my dslr. It's just too heavy to wear around my neck for extended periods of time, let alone hours of park touring. My phone takes decent enough photos for me

oh, yeah, I never brought my DSLR with me, just a P&S....... it's small but i'm kind of excited at the thought of having 1 less thing in my crossbody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter