Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

My soon to be hubby and I will be starting our Honeymoon on Sept 14th! :lovestruc Right now I've got a standard booked through National for $251. I know it's still early, but I wanted to know if anyone has seen any codes or deals for cheaper rates?

Yes, you have to browse some of the other transportation "official car rental Xmonth 2013" threads to get them, but I mention two up above. Any that I mention are here on the DIS (sorry don't have them saved in my browser so I don't have them off the top of my head) and mentioned ad nausem. The only thing I don't have yet are coupon codes, as most of the good ones end at the end of june. I'm expecting by mid june ones good in september will show up. Then, you can marry the contract ID codes (which I think I mentioned in my earlier post) with coupon codes and might save even more!!

Thank you!! I just booked 9/21 11:00am p/u at MCO, drop off at port 9/22 with code XZ53043 and upgrade code from BJ's for around $46. Then p/u at port 9/26 drop off at MCO 7:30pm 9/28 with same codes for $119.

Did you need the upgrade? My price is based on a midsize, which would allow emerald aisle use- so whatever is on the aisle you'd be able to use (even if it was a SUV). My understanding is that if you absolutely NEED a certain size, that's when it is better to reserve that class, but if you don't, it's better to use the EA. I guess you can't reserve an SUV and still use EA, but I may be understanding wrong....

Did you need the upgrade? My price is based on a midsize, which would allow emerald aisle use- so whatever is on the aisle you'd be able to use (even if it was a SUV). My understanding is that if you absolutely NEED a certain size, that's when it is better to reserve that class, but if you don't, it's better to use the EA. I guess you can't reserve an SUV and still use EA, but I may be understanding wrong....

No, I didn't really need an upgrade. Prices all seemed to be within a few dollars of the next category. I have only booked with Alamo in the past so I'm new to National.
Should I cancel and rebook without coupon code or will I be able to modify if another coupon comes out later?

You should be able to modify the reservation later. I would just keep everything the same for now, but understand that it may end up that with the upgrade they upgrade you from a midsize which will allow you to use the Emerald Isle to another size or two up which may not allow you to use the aisle.

You should be able to modify the reservation later. I would just keep everything the same for now, but understand that it may end up that with the upgrade they upgrade you from a midsize which will allow you to use the Emerald Isle to another size or two up which may not allow you to use the aisle.

Ok, thanks for your help!:)

Very excited for our September Trip! I am all about coupon codes and deals. Thanks everyone for the tips and wish us all luckhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/cheer2.gif

I thought I would post the rate I am currently at in case that helps anyone else. I am flying into SFB since we are flying Allegiant and this is the best rate I have found so far.

9/15-9/22 - National - Minivan - $304.78 using the KLM code.

I had found the rate of $255 with code XZ53043 however, once all the fees were put on it ended up being $322.

Like others, I'm hoping a good coupon code will come out that I can combine with the KLM.

Just to confirm. I'm flying Alligiant, I can still use KLM code right? :confused3

You will be fine. It's technically for members of their frequent flier program. Join that if you are worried.

What is up with rental car prices for Labor Day weekend!

I reserved a full size car from Enterprise with no special coupon codes or anything for pick up at MCO on August 31 and drop off at the Royal Plaza close to DTD on September 2 and the total with taxes, fees and everything is $60.45.

Now, my sister in law is coming along for the first couple days and will be flying out of MCO on Monday so I looked into getting a rental that will be picked up and dropped off at MCO, which I thought would produce a cheap rate since it isn't a one way rental like I already had reserved... I was wrong!

The rates are way higher! The cheapest thing I can find at Enterprise for a full size car is $53 EACH DAY before all the taxes and fees. National is over $200 for the same rental period. What happened? Were the rental car spirits looking down on me back in April and I snagged some super natural deal?

The Travelocity code....is it anything I need to bring with me to get the discount? I saw it on here, used it and got 40.00 off but now I'm

Just wanted to update on the rentals I've managed to find, these were the cheapest so far (even using thrifty and costco travel) and are for National:

Pick up on the EA at MCO 9/20 and drop off 9/21 at Cape Canaveral: $47.82 using contract code XZ53043 with no one way drop fee. P/U and D/O time was 0900. (Going on a 7 day on the Fantasy, spending the night at BLT)

Pick up a Premium at Cape Canaveral 9/28 0900 and drop off MCO 9/29 1700 (Coming back from the 7 day on the Fantasy with one night over at AKV): $90.59 using contract code XZ53043. Drops to $45.29 if I'm willing to drop off at CC Center or Dolphin that morning at 0900. Not flying out until late, like 6-7pm so dropping at MCO involves an extra day charge that dropping on property would not because we can take the ME back to the airport.

For the above two I played around using SWA code, the Emerald Club code, the KLM code, the above code, and one more. I believe the SWA code stipulates same drop off/pick up location, so it incorporated a $250 drop off fee. KLM I believe was about $10ish dollars more- but it's handy if you need underage/insurance I'm thinking. The EC contract code was the most expensive outside of the SWA code.

Either way, the above or the KLM code will be cheaper than DCL transportation, (and even private transfers since there are only two of us), and we should still get to the National office in plenty of time to shuttle back to port and try our hand at an upgrade.

Lastly, for those going to the 13 Reflections of Evil Pin/Vinyl event, picking up 0900 9/12 on the EA at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin at 0900 on 9/15 $136.43. (We are staying at the BCV so this was SUPER convienant- just walk back and forth to the Dolphin) This was also using contract code XZ53043.
Comparatively, the cheapest rate I could get through thrifty (involving MCO R/T) was about $80- $100 more. Even if the rate doesn't drop, I'm okay with this one. I figure it will drop though if National releases another free weekend day or $X off weekend day code as it involves a Saturday overnight.

Hope this helps at least one other person!!

Just wanted to update everyone:

-rate drop combining new contract ID's and coupon codes. For my weekend trip for the pin/vinyl event, picking up a midsize at the Car Care Center (just on the other side of the street from the MK parking turnstiles) on 9/12 at 0900 and dropping off at 0900 on 9/15 using corp ID XZ53043 and the free weekend day code (good until 06/2014) from entertainment book (electronic coupon) ID NF8159AAP: $97. :cool1:
(KLM produces a rate of $134 for the same parameters)
(picking up at MCO using the above parameters is $101)

-rate drop combining new contract ID's and coupon codes. For my weekend trip for the pin/vinyl event, picking up a midsize at the Car Care Center (just on the other side of the street from the MK parking turnstiles) on 9/12 at 0900 and dropping off at 0900 on 9/15 using corp ID XZ53043 and the free weekend day code (good until 06/2014) from entertainment book (electronic coupon) ID NF8159AAP: $97. :cool1:

Sorry if this has been discussed alot already (I'm just now coming back to the boards for upcoming trip).... where did the corp id XZ53043 come from?

I found it on the May car rental thread. So far, out of a LONG list (literally about 5 pages worth from another reputable travel site) of contract ID's this one gives the best rates I've found. The next closest is the Car and Driver code, followed by the KLM code. KLM works best though if for whatever reason you need to have the LDW and other stuff added. I have heard that the C&D codes allow for two car seats but as I don't have kids can't verify that.

Which rental company are these codes for?
And are there any membership requirements or anything that would prevent someone from being able to use them?

I mention in my original post that these are for National. And use the codes with caveat emptor. I can not guarantee you won't be asked for ID or a coupon. These are the same codes being posted in other car rental threads for other months and are nothing new. YMMV.

I found it on the May car rental thread. So far, out of a LONG list (literally about 5 pages worth from another reputable travel site) of contract ID's this one gives the best rates I've found. The next closest is the Car and Driver code, followed by the KLM code. KLM works best though if for whatever reason you need to have the LDW and other stuff added. I have heard that the C&D codes allow for two car seats but as I don't have kids can't verify that.

Hi... I've been trying to locate the car & driver code - do you have any info on this? I've actually been looking through my husbands most recent copy with no luck, and the ones I've located on a google search are not valid. Is it wi National or another rental agency? Thank you if you can help! Even if you can point me in the right direction to look!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter