OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

I did mine online as well, unfortunately they don’t seem tomhave opened up 12/4 for the Fantasmic dinner package. I’ll check again tomorrow.
I dont know how it will work this year, but normally they do not show Fantasmic on weekdays at the beginning of December. Since 12/4 is a Monday, it may not be showing. But things change, so you never know.

Hi all! I'm planning my first DLR trip for the second full week in November and one of the days offers both WOC and Believe fireworks... is it possible to see both in the same night? SO excited to be there during the holidays!

I'm so happy to see that some of you are able to make reservations for your Christmas trips. Our window starts on 10/25 and I cannot wait, I just crossing my fingers that I will be able to get everything that we want which includes Fantasmic dining package at BB on Christmas Day and WOC dining package at Ariel's Grotto on New Year's Eve. I am also sending Pixie Dust to everyone who is still getting or going to get their dining reservations in the coming weeks hopefully we all get what we want pixiedust:.

Pretty excited, got my Fantasmic dining and WOC dessert seating all booked. It will be a great way to book end our trip! Hope you all have the same good luck I did!!!!

Okay, I've never done dining packages for things like Fantasmic or WOC, are they really worth it? The dessert party seems crazy expensive to me, the price in CAD was crazy to me, more than a character meal. Did I do something wrong? Is it really that expensive and also worth it? Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, I see everyone talking about it so it spurned on the question for me :)

Okay, I've never done dining packages for things like Fantasmic or WOC, are they really worth it? The dessert party seems crazy expensive to me, the price in CAD was crazy to me, more than a character meal. Did I do something wrong? Is it really that expensive and also worth it? Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, I see everyone talking about it so it spurned on the question for me :)
The WOC dessert party is pretty pricy. Its more of a VIP experience. Its the only reservation where you can sit and watch the show with really yummy desserts. Its not for everyone. I've only done it once. And I did enjoy it.

I've done the WOC Dessert party twice (both for special occasions) and I recently did the River Belle Terrace Fantasmic Dining package.
Just based on the price of the WOC Dessert party I was assuming it would be somewhat of a let down because $80 per person is a lot... But in all truth both times we had an amazing time. No the desserts aren't worth $80, what you are paying for is getting to have a nice seat for the show and not having to stand for an hour waiting and 30 more minutes during the show. We won't do it every time, but it really is fun. I also wouldn't do it with a huge group, or with people who are trying to save money. And if you have little ones who might be falling asleep or in a bad mood later in the evening this isn't the best idea. The thing that I liked the most is not having to "fight" to keep my spot. I hate when i've waited an hour and then someone comes and pushes themselves in front of me when there clearly isn't any room.

I think you are trying to justify spending the money the Fantasmic dining packages are a better deal in that you get a three course meal and get to be in the seating area for Fantasmic for less then the dessert package. I created a video review of the Fantasmic package at the River Belle Terrace, do you need the dining package to see the show? No. But does it take a little stress out of getting a good spot? Yes!

How do you all feel about fantastic / world of color for a 5 year old and a 1 year old? Those happen late don't they?

Also how the dining reservations work- so do I have to check everyday and make reservations every day at 60 days away? So basically make reservations for 5 days straight staring October 26th?

Does anyone know if Wine Country Trattoria holds it dinner reservations back for the WOC dining package only?

I’ve tried to book an ADR when they should have opened over the last 2 days but I can’t get one at all for 4pm or after. Can only book the WOC dining package which I didn’t want unless there is any benefit? As we are doing the WOC dessert party another night and don’t want to be restricted to certain bits of the menu at my favourite restaurant! It didn’t happen in March so just wondering.

I am so excited, I cannot stop watching walkthrough videos, my goodness, what a way to get in the christmas spirit

I’ve done the WOC dessert party three times. For me, it’s just part of the Disney budget! Haha! No, but really...for me, there’s no other way to see the show. I’ve gone to Disneyland without seeing it, too. It’s either WOC dessert party or don’t see it. I am an early riser and early to bed kind of girl. By that time of night, I am exhausted...and so are my kids. I see people waiting and standing for WOC and kids melting down and parents frustrated. It just looks....exhausting. For me, the seat and not having to arrive early alone is worth the cost. The breadsticks, cheese, desserts, drinks are really just a bonus. Oh, and the kids get really cool light up cups! The first time we did it, I did an excel spreadsheet of the dining packages and of the DP. When you take into account that dining packages do NOT include tip and gratuity and the WOC DP does, it wasn’t even THAT big of difference. Of course it’s a splurge, and it’s not for everyone but like I said, it’s definitely FOR ME! And now I can’t imagine waiting an hour + to just end up having to stand again for the show and my kids not being able to see and feel frustrated, etc. it takes a lot of stress and pressure off of me and when I’m on vacation, I try to make things as easy and stress free as possible :)

ETA clarify tip and gratuity

It sounds great to me, but I agree that it's extraordinarily expensive. I might consider it if we were just a couple, but not for 4 of us all paying adult prices.

Also, just to add, the Season of Light WOC is truly special...something not to be missed!!

Are the regular height tables still good for WOC dessert party? Tall chairs hate me.....

I am so excited, I cannot stop watching walkthrough videos, my goodness, what a way to get in the christmas spirit

Haha us too. DD 9 and I were watching tv the other day and she put on Disneyland videos on YouTube. I get excited and sad because I'm not there yet.

She loves the secrets about Disney videos and Disneyland videos from the 90's. She also puts on DLH videos and reviews trying to hint at me I guess. Little does she know that is where we are staying. It is killing me to keep it a secret.

I am soooo excited or this trip.

WOC Desert Party is super expensive but, to me, totally worth it when the park is crowded. You get about $20 worth of food and $5-$20 worth of drinks (I had two of the blue drinks and a tea last time).

If you dont do the Desert Party and have kids (or short people) in your group and you want a good view for everyone, you need to line up for WOC over an hour early and then fight through the crowd rush to get a good spot. Then you need to defend your spot because people will start crowding in trying to fill in every space before the show starts. Once the show starts people in the back start sending their kids up front, so if you have a front spot you have to defend it or the kids from the back will sneak up and stand in front of your kids. I found it to be too stressful and now gladly pay the extra to not have to deal with it.

Haha us too. DD 9 and I were watching tv the other day and she put on Disneyland videos on YouTube. I get excited and sad because I'm not there yet.

She loves the secrets about Disney videos and Disneyland videos from the 90's. She also puts on DLH videos and reviews trying to hint at me I guess. Little does she know that is where we are staying. It is killing me to keep it a secret.

I am soooo excited or this trip.

It just makes so excited. I am counting down every day. At work, I have been just plugging in with the music loops.

Hi everyone - I finally got to look at the entertainment schedule for our November 6-13 trip and am literally buzzing with excitement. But I have a couple of questions:

We are a group of 7 (4 adults, 3 kids ages 8-12) and half of the group has never been to DL before. They also are a bit skeptical of heavy crowds and we've maxed out our budget on other things already, so buying F! dining packages or WOC dessert parties are out of the question.

We have 5-day park hoppers and I planned to visit the parks Tuesday-Friday and Sunday, skipping Saturday due to expected very heavy crowds (start of holiday season activities, long weekend, runDisney events). But I didn't realize we would have the chance to see two different WOC shows over our dates and I personally would really like to see both (my family saw the 'plain' version on a trip to DL in 2014). So my questions are:

1 - Would it be possible to see the WOC: Season of Light show at 9am and make it to the second Fantasmic! show at 10:30pm? Or would we need two separate nights to see both shows?
2 - Is skipping Saturday a bad idea? All the entertainment is happening on the weekends, so maybe we should suck up the crowds and make it work? But I am really worried that our friends will be miserable if it is an overwhelming amount of people and defeat the point of the trip.

Thanks for your help!

Every night my DD11 says, "Tell me more about the cool stuff at Disneyland, Mum!"

I'm running out of stuff! I've told her about the candy canes (she lit right up so I guess we're doing that), the decorations all over the place including Cars Land, the parades, the rides... what else am I missing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter