***Official December 2017 thread!

:santa:December Trip List:santa:
ROLL CALL (Notify me of errors or changes Please)

WithASmile&ASong - 11/28 to 12/9 - DH, DS9,DS8,DD3
Sarahcgfr - 12/1 to 12/5 - Wilderness Lodge - DBF
DisneyMommyMichelle-12/5-12/15(DCL Dream 12/15-12/18)12/18-12/20 -CR Atrium Level-DH, DD12, DS11, DS10
Grandma4ever - 12/9 to 12/18 - ASM - DW,DS,DN,DNBFF *30 years together celebration*
Hodad - 12/16 - 12/22 -CBR
Mbvisitor - 12/26 to 1/2 - CBR - DH, DS, DD
TeresaWen - 12/28 to 1/3 - Dolphin - DH *Over NYE @ EPCOT*

*Last updated on 10/24/2016*

Last edited:
Anyone already trying to make a list of restaurants that they are wanting to dine at?

Here's our initial list:
- California Grill (stayed at CR twice before--haven't dined at CG yet!
- Via Napoli
- Hoop De Do Revue (kids want to do this again--I'm not sure how good the show will be second time around, but I know the good will be yummy!)
- Beaches & Cream (this one might be hard to get last week in December--not sure how to fit t in???
- O'hana
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- La Hacienda de San Angel
- Garden Grill
- Sci Fi
- I need a someplace to eat on our AK day

I think we'll skip Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace this year.

Anyone else?

Here's our initial list:
- California Grill (stayed at CR twice before--haven't dined at CG yet!
- Via Napoli
- Hoop De Do Revue (kids want to do this again--I'm not sure how good the show will be second time around, but I know the good will be yummy!)
- Beaches & Cream (this one might be hard to get last week in December--not sure how to fit t in???
- O'hana
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- La Hacienda de San Angel
- Garden Grill
- Sci Fi
- I need a someplace to eat on our AK day

I think we'll skip Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace this year.

Anyone else?

YUM, CG that's on or list this stay and almost every stay :)
Via Napoli has delicious Pizza and their Caprese was to die for!
We've only done Hoop once and it was a lot of fun
Beaches...ohhhh the burgers are so good and even with 7 people we were no match for the kitchen sink!
Ohana! Just did breakfast a couple weeks ago and this time around we are doing dinner!
WCC is a family favorite and I am hoping to have it on my list this year but not sure if it will make it!
We kept doing San Angel for the location alone and finally a few years ago we stopped and tried out other places! LOL
Garden Grill, I rarely see this on people's lists and it's sooo good and so fun! My kids love this place so much!
We are doing Tiffins on our AK day when we are there late for closing and on our afternoon there, we are doing Harambe...oooo it's sooo good!!!! We are also squeezing in Sanaa in our stay somewhere, because that place is our hands down favorite restaurant in all of WDW!

I will post my list as soon as we can agree to stop going to the same places over and over again! LOL
(Biergarten, Chef Mickey's Breakfast, Le Cellier, BOG, Primetime Cafe...the same ole same ole that are family faves!

For those who were unknowingly merged into this thread I am sorry As I have no clue who merged the threads. For those who decide to stay Welcome. The focus of this thread was for those planning a trip in December of 2017. I know that there are threads for October and November 2017 as well. Please feel welcomed and know that each of you add to the success of our planning thread.

Anyone else over a year away from your vacation?! We just got back on Friday from the World and of course we booked while we were still there, but now our trip is forever away! Anyone else counting grains of salt to make the time go by? We are December of 2017!
We always book out at least one year.

We took advantage of a bounce back offer in August, and now have free dining at the Caribbean Beach Resort from December 16-22!
I can only pray that I can snag free dinning if it is offered for my dates!

Yep, November '17 for us. I'm counting the days until I can say "one year from today!" lol Time drags while you are waiting to go, and flies by while you are there. We were there in May but it already feels like forever ago.
I see you are planning for November. I really want you to feel free to hang with us. On a selfish note we can get first hand info we will need since you will go befor the rest of us.

Changing dates slightly! Decided to do a split stay between Disney & Universal! Hubby isn't a Disney fan but he loves Universal so he'll be joining us for that half of the trip!

November 28-December 7 at Pop Century
December 7-10 at Cabana Bay Resort
I will change your info in the roll call.

Isn't that amazing how it works? LOL. We always feel like there was just never enough time there because it goes too fast, no matter how long you make the vacation! We are so far away that we are counting down by months right now! Hahaha!
I really do not do much counting until we get to the point that it is time to fight for those preferred dinning reservations. So I make sure I know when 180 days out will fall!!!!

Okay, it looks like they merged my thread here, even though it was for people that were over a year away to include October and November posters but oh well, I fit here.

We are December 5th-15th at the Contemporary Atrium Club level and then on the 15th we board the Disney Dream!
Welcome! I would guess if you desire to maintain a separate thread that the moderators could undo what they did to merge us together. Sounds like neither was informed of the plans. You group is more than welcomed here and I for one want to hear about the plans that everyone is making.

Unfortunately, have decided to postpone our Christmas trip until 2018. Enjoy your planning!! Pixie dust to all! :flower3:
Boy oh boy you will be missed. I totally get the moving of the trips as we had planned to go this December and were forced to move it forward one full year.

Again to all who want to stay and participate in the December 2017 thread I welcome you!!

Okay, I think we have our first round of restaurants that we want to eat at! We gave our MUST do list to the concierge already and told them that we will add on our others once we can all decided! LOL!

Must Do:
BOG (breakfast before the park opens)
CRT (Daughter requested a princess meal and as much as we aren't impressed with the food, we just did Akershus this month)
California Grill
Spice Road Table (So delicious and the best place to watch Illuminations)
Sci-Fi

Others:
Skipper's Canteen (want to try this new one)
Boma (only would be our second time, so we are thinking this one may just stay)
Yachtsman (Since we are not going during F&W this is a favorite of ours & then we walk over to Epcot for fireworks)
Ohana Dinner
Garden Grill

On the day we return from our cruise:
Chef Mickey's Breakfast

Hi! New to this post. Not new to Disney though As you can see from my signature, we have been quite a few times, as well as spent numerous Christmases there as well, including this year! I am already in the planning stages for next year. Just trying to go over all my possible choices, debating on booking a bounce back offer etc. Our rough dates will be December 16th to 28th, give or take a day or two.

Nice to meet you all :)

I'd love to be added to the rollcall! Getting excited for our December trip. We will be there Dec 11-Dec 17 AKV/SSR split stay (decided to add a day and there was no availability at AKV so we are making the move to SSR for one night). It will be me and my three youngest DD13, DD8, DS 6. My birthday is the 13th so I guess this is my very own birthday trip!

Please add me to your roll call, it will be myself, daughter and 4 year old grandson, his first trip.
We will be staying at the Polynesian Dec 3rd thru Dec 9th.
Hope we get a discount for this time.

Give me a day or two and I will get the Roll Call updated. `I want to welcome all the newcomers. See everyone tomorrow. Lois

Well it has been an interesting week. Janet's phone locked up this past weekend and today my phone locked up. We are visiting with family and we're without phones. So we had to update both our phone. Not money I wanted to spend but very grateful that I had the money.

I hope this post finds everyone well. Got to get back to setting up this new phone.

Hi all- just started planning our every-5-years trip! We have a Westgate plan, so probably staying there, but I am pricing onsite with dining to compare, we might go that route instead. Last few times we went, we got in with others on the picture deals- can you still do that? See yall in a year!

Hi meanviking. We're staying at Blue Tree this December, and we're getting using the AP discount to get a room with the deluxe dining plan every other night of our trip. Because we can pool kids' and adults' meal credits, it's cheaper than staying off-site and paying for food out of pocket, plus we get to resort hop!

ROLL CALL (Notify me of errors or changes Please)

FinleyD - 12/3 - 12/9 - Polynesian - DD, DGS 4 - Celebrating DGS FIRST TRIP!
DisneyMommyMichelle-12/5-12/15(DCL Dream 12/15-12/18)12/18-12/20 -CR Atrium Level-DH, DD12, DS11, DS10
Grandma4ever - 12/9 to 12/18 - ASM - DW,DS,DN,DNBFF *30 years together celebration*
CrystalDawn - 12/11 - 12/17 AKV/SSR - DD 13, DD 8, DS 6 - Birthday Celebration!
DisCookieMonsta - 12/16 - 12/28 - DH, DD 13, DD 10, DS (twins) 1

*Last updated on 12/01/2016*

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? We went away on holiday up to a colder climate and it made us laugh on how many people head to warmer weather but we headed into some snow! We had a wonderful vacation and these little getaways help us count down to Disney!! <3

This month we are headed to a waterpark resort for some fun in the non-sun! HAHA!

We just got home from a trip yesterday and took advantage of a bounce back offer and booked for December 10-16 at the Contemporary! It will be myself, husband and 3 year old twins. They had so much fun on our trip this year that we had to book again. Never too soon to start planning, right??

download.jpg
ALL ABOARD!!!

ROLL CALL (Notify me of errors or changes Please
)

FinleyD - 12/3 - 12/9 - Polynesian - DD, DGS 4 - Celebrating DGS FIRST TRIP!
DisneyMommyMichelle-12/5-12/15(DCL Dream 12/15-12/18)12/18-12/20 -Contemporary Atrium Level-DH, DD12, DS11, DS10
Twix516 - 12/10 - 12/16 - Contemporary - DH, Twin 3 year olds
CrystalDawn - 12/11 - 12/17 AKV/SSR - DD 13, DD 8, DS 6 - Birthday Celebration!
DisCookieMonsta - 12/16 - 12/28 - DH, DD 13, DD 10, DS (twins) 1

*Last updated on 12/05/2016*

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter