***Official December 2022 Thread***

We went with Ace Luxury Transportation for this trip. Seems like there are 4 or 5 really good options in Orlando based on the recommendations on these boards as well as reviews from other sites.
We've decided to use Uber or Lyft. They are one of the fastest ways and actually a decent price. Plus we can reserve in advance as we arrive late and will spend the night at The Hyatt, then leave fairly early. (0700 probably)
There are a ton of options though!

I'm new here and this will be my family's first trip to WDW. (We are DL pros.) It will be me, spouse and 3-year old child. We will be there December 1-9 and then onto another Florida theme park. So 12/1 will for sure be a travel day and 12/9 I'm thinking should be a non-park day too since we are transferring to our next theme park's hotel and have tix for that park on that day. I have so many questions!

1. Given the Christmas party affecting MK hours and the mention of some big crowds on 12/2-12/4 related to a company event, what order of parks is suggested? Given these two concerns, I have the following. WDW pros, please tell me what you would change? And is it a big mistake to not go to MK first (even though MK is supposedly similar to DL)?

Dec 2 (Fri) Hollywood Studies
Dec 3 (Sat) MK
Dec 4 (Sun) Rest/Resort Day
Dec 5 (Mon) MK
Dec 6 (Tue) Epcot
Dec 7 (Wed) AK
Dec 8 (Thur) HS

2. I'm planning to miss the Christmas party because my child is too young. We are coming from California so the days may be long given jet lag for said child if we attend the party. This will not be our last trip to WDW so we can always go another time. Good or bad idea?

Last edited:
I would actually move Mk from Sat 12/3 to Sun simply because that is the first full day for the company event and I expect fireworks to be super crowded. Some of our friends that have older kids have chosen US/IOA that day. That might be a great day to hit AK.

The company is not giving any other details on hotel and the kickoff event 12/2 (we were thinking of buying Christmas Party tickets on 12/2). Not sure if they will have the kickoff event near MK (Grand Floridian) or the Golden Oaks club.

We were not allowed to modify our dates so Friday-Sun travel is paid for, but I suppose people can buy their own flight tickets. Our flight leaves at 8:30 am on Friday so kids will have to take that day off.

At a recent six flags event we were given platinum passes and a season pass, so I would expect standby waits to be slightly higher than normal.

I would actually move Mk from Sat 12/3 to Sun simply because that is the first full day for the company event and I expect fireworks to be super crowded. Some of our friends that have older kids have chosen US/IOA that day. That might be a great day to hit AK.

The company is not giving any other details on hotel and the kickoff event 12/2 (we were thinking of buying Christmas Party tickets on 12/2). Not sure if they will have the kickoff event near MK (Grand Floridian) or the Golden Oaks club.

We were not allowed to modify our dates so Friday-Sun travel is paid for, but I suppose people can buy their own flight tickets. Our flight leaves at 8:30 am on Friday so kids will have to take that day off.

At a recent six flags event we were given platinum passes and a season pass, so I would expect standby waits to be slightly higher than normal.
Sunday is a party day so that would shorten their day at magic kingdom and they wouldn’t have fireworks if they wanted to see those.

Sunday is a party day so that would shorten their day at magic kingdom and they wouldn’t have fireworks if they wanted to see those.
AK or Epcot would be better then. But then people who aren’t attending the Christmas party usually crowd the other parks (other than Mk) as well.

HS has the most in demand rides right now, so I would expect it to be crowded that entire weekend (lot of big Star Wars fans and we’ve attended some opening day parties as well).

Last edited:
@Disturbia

Hi,
"is the first full day for the company event".
What company event is happening and how long does it last?
TIA
It’s a big Anniversary celebration. They’re paying for all employees and their immediate family (and one caretaker) to fly out from different locations to Florida for a combo of WDW and US/IOA all inclusive paid event Dec 2-4. They’ve reserved 7 different hotels. Estimated 10k people.

It’s a big Anniversary celebration. They’re paying for all employees and their immediate family (and one caretaker) to fly out from different locations to Florida for a combo of WDW and US/IOA all inclusive paid event Dec 2-4. They’ve reserved 7 different hotels. Estimated 10k people.
Do you have any idea which hotels they will be at?
TIA

I thought I had commented in this thread back during the winter when I made our reservations but apparently not! 😂

We’ll be at Disney December 3-10 (being rebels and taking the kids out of school for a week), staying one night at Pop before moving to Yacht Club for the rest of our stay. We have 6 day park hoppers but really only plan on 5 park days (no parks arrival or departure day, one resort/pool day but being so close to Epcot made a park reservation/ticket for that day if we want to grab some food) and no MVMCP (I would love to go again but the prices have gotten absolutely ridiculous for it). Early December is our favorite time to go and I’m so excited to finally be making it back (our last trip was December 2018) and staying true deluxe for the first time! 97 days to go!

I am so sorry, that really sucks!
We have flights 12/2 and 12/10. We are booked with SWA, fingers crossed we don't lose our flight!
The TA said they’re trying to rebook. It’s so frustrating that the airlines still don’t have a handle on this issue. The flight was full and our party was split in separate rows, so it was pretty full; and multiple flights were cancelled.

If I had purchased MVMCP or a full day on Dec 2nd (arrival 11:30 am) it would have been even worse and we would be out $900.

Edit:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/trav...irlines-new-changes-could-leave-you-stranded/

Last edited:
The TA said they’re trying to rebook. It’s so frustrating that the airlines still don’t have a handle on this issue. The flight was full and our party was split in separate rows, so it was pretty full; and multiple flights were cancelled.

If I had purchased MVMCP or a full day on Dec 2nd (arrival 11:30 am) it would have been even worse and we would be out $900.

Edit:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/trav...irlines-new-changes-could-leave-you-stranded/
Agreed!
I think they shouldn't book as many flights to begin with. I don't see the labor force improving any time soon!

They should book to what's available time wise and staff wise now, not projecting into the future, and then disappointing everyone!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter