***Official December 2022 Thread***

This made me check flights with Frontier on 12/1 and 12/8 out of interest and both flights have completely changed times. No email from them so glad I checked.
Frontier has that crazy reputation for changing flight times frequently. Keep check on your flights...
Good luck!

Any further information on this company event Dec 2-4? Would love to know what company :)
We (family of 4, kids aged 5&7 + grandma) are booked in at POFQ from Nov 27-Dec6. Any recommendations on what parks to avoid with this company event going on? I assume MK on the 3rd would be best to avoid. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
We have a split stay coming up.

Nov 29-30 - GF
Dec 1-3 - CBR

Caribbean Beach is a new resort for us but I chose it for the Skyliner and the fact that there weren't very many resorts available for my dates. I am very nervous about staying here, partly because it is a split stay, which we usually avoid.
Instead of GF I scored a room at the Dolphin on the 29th and CBR 1-4.

Frontier changed our flights too (12/14 and 12/22). They changed in my favor to better times, and I am hoping they don't change again - but I am not holding my breath!
All these flight changes and cancellations are making me nervous. We are flying Delta flying in December 11 and they already changed our time. Only by about an hour but still. Now we take off at 5:03PM and that’s later then we wanted. If it gets canceled who knows when we will get there 🙄.

Any further information on this company event Dec 2-4? Would love to know what company :)
We (family of 4, kids aged 5&7 + grandma) are booked in at POFQ from Nov 27-Dec6. Any recommendations on what parks to avoid with this company event going on? I assume MK on the 3rd would be best to avoid. Any other suggestions?
Oh I hadn’t realised there was some kinda event on and have booked 3rd December for our MK. It works best for our plans but wondering if I should change it now? Do people think the crowds will be very much higher?

We have a split stay coming up.

Nov 29-30 - GF
Dec 1-3 - CBR

Caribbean Beach is a new resort for us but I chose it for the Skyliner and the fact that there weren't very many resorts available for my dates. I am very nervous about staying here, partly because it is a split stay, which we usually avoid.
We used to stay at CBR (pre skyliner) and really liked the resort. We used to always request and get Aruba. We found that perfectly located for our needs. Aruba is also close to the Riviera skyliner station, easy walking distance to pool and restaurants.The resort grounds are beautiful and if you have pool enthusiasts, their pool is pretty awesome!

I don’t know who the company is but I read somewhere else that they are letting their employees + families pick between Universal and WDW, so not all of them will be at Disney that weekend.

Finalized my plans, staying 2 nights at the Swan Dec 11-13. Christmas party Dec 11, Epcot Dec 12, hitting all the holiday stuff. Last day I will be visiting resorts to see decorations before flying home.

Doing universal before, will get my fill of holiday events with Grinchmas & their Macys parade then Disney!

I'll be going back in December, 6 - 14 right now, but have been trying to move the trip back a day, just can't find an AP discount for the resort I want coming in a day earlier at the moment.

Currently staying at Gran Destino, let's see if I end up staying there, last trip I switched to my favorite resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge) last minute. Trying very hard to not do that this trip, as the $800 or so I'm saving will pay for most if not all of my meals! Celebrating birthday #59, just a week and a half early as I'm not going anywhere near WDW the week after Christmas!

I'll be going back in December, 6 - 14 right now, but have been trying to move the trip back a day, just can't find an AP discount for the resort I want coming in a day earlier at the moment.

Currently staying at Gran Destino, let's see if I end up staying there, last trip I switched to my favorite resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge) last minute. Trying very hard to not do that this trip, as the $800 or so I'm saving will pay for most if not all of my meals! Celebrating birthday #59, just a week and a half early as I'm not going anywhere near WDW the week after Christmas!
I do the same thing. I try to pick a resort more in my budget, but as it gets closer some of my deluxe favorites start calling my name 😂.

The event is WDW/US/IOA, so people will be split across all those parks. We were given very few details and the event is not public yet.

I think the 7 resorts (we were told that we would be given accommodation across 7 resorts) that would be impacted would be around MK (4 there) and HS/Epcot (3 resorts on the Skyliner). There are a lot of Star Wars fans (Co often books movie previews). We will have access to business Uber so bus transportation shouldn’t be impacted much.

The 3rd is the only full day so I would assume people who are flying in and haven’t seen the fireworks would go to MK then (Dec 2nd and 4th are Christmas party days and there is supposed to be a kickoff event Dec 2nd (maybe at GF or Golden Oaks).

I’m not sure how the package will be booked, but I’m pretty sure we will get some form of priority access (so wait times might be impacted slightly). At six flags we had 2 hours before park opening dedicated to company employees and platinum express passes. Maybe they will arrange after hours. Since US/IOA express passes are pretty expensive in Dec, a lot of people with older kids will choose US over MK.

They will probably arrange a buffet and VIP drink/treat stations in each park so ADRs shouldn’t be impacted. We had a long wait at Pecos bill (1 hr longer) and at Satuli due to Marching bands ordering with coupons last trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter