Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on ordering a cake from private dining at contempo. I know exactly what I want.

1- Does someone have the number for CR Private dining?

2- How far out can I order?

PS- This Thread has been soo helpful. Thank you!:goodvibes

We were at Yacht Club conceirge level a couple of weeks ago and they arranged a custom cake for us. Maybe it is something new they are doing? It was nice not to have to worry with it!

Last time I stayed Club Level at BC, they told me they couldn't arrange cakes - that they always have be done thru the cake hotline. How interesting.

When I first asked they directed me to the cake hotline then after seeing a friend of mine have her IPO do it for her (staying at BC) I gave it another and the CM I got that time was thrilled to help..maybe it depends on the CM :confused3

Just back from 10 wonderful days at BLT. Had the most amazing cake delivered to the room for my brothers 30th b-day. The bottom part was the TOT hat cake and then on top the theme was nightmare before Christmas with Jack and Sally on white chocolate. The inside was chocolate with a raspberry mousse which was delicious. The cake was large for just 3 of us but we did eat all of it and the top decorations came home with us and are in the freezer along with a chocolate castle form years ago. As soon as I can get a chance I'll post pictures.
Melissa

WOWWW these cakes are amazing! My mom had this cake sent to our room at the Poly in '08. Good thing we always go for my birthday, I'm hinting at something more extravagant this year! :rotfl:

4842513318_86be49b973_b.jpg

P1040478.jpg
[/IMG]Here is a pic of my DS14 birthday cake from CakemanBri sent over to CRT for a big family dinner.
It was unbeleivable!

The more I look at this the more I love it. I have been wracking my brain trying to decide on my 20th anniversary cake in a month. Would you mind if I got something similar to this, probably different colors? I just think this cake is outstanding and so perfect for what we love!

I am planning on ordering a cake from private dining at contempo. I know exactly what I want.

1- Does someone have the number for CR Private dining?

2- How far out can I order?

PS- This Thread has been soo helpful. Thank you!:goodvibes

There is no direct number for private dining at the CR, and we're not s'posed to give out individual CMs' phone numbers on the DIS, but you can call the main number at the Contemporary (407-824-1000) and just ask for private dining—it takes, like, 2 seconds! :goodvibes

It's best to call no more than 2 weeks ahead and no fewer than 3 days ahead. :thumbsup2

There is no direct number for private dining at the CR, and we're not s'posed to give out individual CMs' phone numbers on the DIS, but you can call the main number at the Contemporary (407-824-1000) and just ask for private dining—it takes, like, 2 seconds! :goodvibes

It's best to call no more than 2 weeks ahead and no fewer than 3 days ahead. :thumbsup2

I have always called the cake hotline directly, but I was going by the first post in this thread. Could we add the private dining numbers, or would that just confuse people more??

The problem is, only the Grand Floridian has a direct phone number for private dining. I have tried on multiple occasions to wangle direct numbers for the other Deluxe resorts' private dining departments outta various operators, but they either can't or won't give them out. So you just have to call the front desk and ask to be transfered.

Now while the cake hotline does route you to private dining eventually, if you're trying to get a fancy cake someplace that doesn't have the facilities for it, like the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge or Cinderella's Royal Table, the Cake Hotline is not going to send you to the right place (i.e., Private Dining at the Contemporary). Hopefully the FAQ in the first post will help direct people to the right resources in those instances.

Thank you so much lurkyloo!!

Here you go!

DSCN0156.jpg

What a nice surprise! I went out of town and just got back and what is the first picture I see but of Angie's cake! Don't think I mentioned, but it did have the strawberries and cream filling just as I liked! THanks lurkyloo!

Karen

Last time I stayed Club Level at BC, they told me they couldn't arrange cakes - that they always have be done thru the cake hotline. How interesting.

I originally was staying at Poly club and they arranged through GF for our cakes. We switched to YC and they too are on top of the cake situation, including our changing of where we want to be delivered--we need to be extra careful because the cakes need to be gluten free and from what I understand the Grand Floridian is the best place to accommodate our needs.

We will be there celebrating my sons 5th birthday and have lunch reservations at Crystal Palace. we would love to get a custom Buzz cake made for him. But not sure if it is possible to get a cake from the custom bakery to MK.

Is this possible without my DH or I having to go pick it up?

Yes it is possible. My DS celebrated his 11th birthday there in February 2009. It has always been his favourite restaurants as it was our first family ts meal back in 2003.

He knows he is too old for Pooh Bear but says it will always be his favourite place (probably wouldn't be if it was down the road but the otherside of the atlantic is far enough for none of his friends to ever find out lol).

We ordered a custom cake to be delivered to CP dinner. Had to pay quite a lot and have a much too large size to be able to get what we want.

His was a marble cake, chocolate buttercream filling and icing. Picture of Mickey and friends on the top (screen print?) I left the rest to them and it came with bright Mickey confetti and matching edging buttercream in orange, lime and yellow!!

Was a really nice cake. Worth the $$$ for his face when it arrived.

Thanks, do you mind me asking where you called to order and get this to happen?

Also if you don't mind me asking how much was it?

So, I finalized the cake plans with Brian over the weekend and made it official by placing the order with Contemporary Private Dining yesterday.

It was kind of a long process b/c what I originally wanted would have been more than $100 over my budget (and that's not including tax and gratuity). Oh the grand ideas we get from searching Google Images!

We ended up abandoning the original theme of the Tools from Handy Manny ... instead Brian's going to work with generic tools and Mickey heads. I can't wait to see how it turns out - my dad's 60th bday is exactly a week from today!

For those of you who plan on contacting Cakemanbri this week, he did indicate in his last email to me that he would be "out of the office" until August 8th - so don't panic if he doesn't get back to you right away!

The problem is, only the Grand Floridian has a direct phone number for private dining. I have tried on multiple occasions to wangle direct numbers for the other Deluxe resorts' private dining departments outta various operators, but they either can't or won't give them out. So you just have to call the front desk and ask to be transfered.

Now while the cake hotline does route you to private dining eventually, if you're trying to get a fancy cake someplace that doesn't have the facilities for it, like the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge or Cinderella's Royal Table, the Cake Hotline is not going to send you to the right place (i.e., Private Dining at the Contemporary). Hopefully the FAQ in the first post will help direct people to the right resources in those instances.

I can only speak for the Contemporary, but if you call the hotel directly and ask for Private Dining, it is a quick transfer. If you are doing a custom cake and correspond by email with Brian, he will give you a CPD number to call once you have worked out the details and are ready to place the order officially. (I'm not going to post that number here, b/c I'm sure they don't give it out for a reason.)

I called last night to order a cake for my DS. The lady was really nice, but I was looking for a special Mickey Mouse cake for him. So, she gave an email address to send a message. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response? We will be at Chef Mickey's in 11 days.

Thanks, do you mind me asking where you called to order and get this to happen?

Also if you don't mind me asking how much was it?

I phoned the cake hotline and they transferred me to someone at MK.

It was either $75 ish including tax or $75 plus tax - can't remember which.

I can't seem to post a picture :confused3 but if you want to pm me your email address I will email it to you.

Can cakes be delivered to CBR? I'd prefer to not have to carry a cake around around at the parks or after dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter